PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Dixie Double SARRC/ENDURO

pballance
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
What Father's REALLY want to do on their day!!!
Why race of course, at the Heart of Dixie SCCA Double SARRC regional races and enduro at Nashville Superspeedway. Test day on Friday.

Sanctions have been granted and registration will soon open.

Full details can be found soon at motorsportsreg.com or by visiting www.teamtac.org and navigating to the road race links.

Test day on Friday, a 1.5 hour enduro race on Saturday along with sprint races each Saturday and Sunday. Garages are available. Come join us and experience TRUE southern hospitality from the hosts of this event; the Tennessee Valley Region (an Alabama region) and the Chattanooga Tennessee Region of the SCCA.

Road Race licensee's from other sanctioning bodies are welcome!

pballance
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Bump:

Registration is now open at www.motorsportreg.com
and select June 18-20 or try this link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/0E92D5ED-BD26-E5FB-A8672AC109E32A8C

Hope to see you there! It will be a great weekend!

Paul

FV90
05-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Well unless you are staying at the Opryland motel - THERE IS NO PROBLEMS at Nashville SuperSpeedway or at the Sleep Inn. Come on down and have some fun with us.

wcmcarlos
05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Wife and me worked this event last year and cannot say enough about the hospitality!
Everything ontime, very well put together event, we had a ball.

FV90
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Sleep Inn & Suites
Book your Room by
June 4, 2010

Call the Hotel directly, identify yourself w/ SCCA to receive the
$50 per night rate

150 S Eastgate Ct Lebanon, TN 37090
Phone: 615-449-7005 Fax: 615-449-5242

Time is running out on this good deal - there are several other motels if this one gets full.

FV90
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
A great field of:
SM at 14 entries
ITA at 8 entries
ITC at 8 entries
ITS at 4 entries
GTA at 4 entries
we could use some more in ITB and the rest of the fendered cars.

chuck baader
06-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Anyone have any in car video of the track from last year? Please post link so I can practice. CB

pballance
06-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Here are a couple for you Chuck. Not the fastest but enough to give you a feel for the track.

http://www.youtube.com/v/BA7G05Um0ls

From last year with an off and I had to re-pass them pesky mee-otters :)
http://www.youtube.com/v/NWtcyZcllg0

And from Craig in the DSR:
http://www.youtube.com/v/dFBPqYCyVks

Still time to come join us in the fun!!!

Hotshoe
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Still time to come join us in the fun!!!

Sure would be nice if there could be a shower at the track somewhere for us campers to use.

Chuck,

....I will be running a full test day on Friday. If you would like, we can play follow the leader in the afternoon..... I have run there twice before in ITA, ITR,& SM

cfullgraf
06-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Sure would be nice if there could be a shower at the track somewhere for us campers to use.

Chuck,

....I will be running a full test day on Friday. If you would like, we can play follow the leader in the afternoon..... I have run there twice before in ITA, ITR,& SM

There will be a shower at the track this year. Chattanooga and TVR have arranged for one.

chuck baader
06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks, Ricky....I'll take you up on that. I will only be running the afternoon sessions, though. Can't afford the full day on Social Security:shrug: What class will you be running this week? CB

Hotshoe
06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Ricky....I'll take you up on that. I will only be running the afternoon sessions, though. Can't afford the full day on Social Security:shrug: What class will you be running this week? CB

..... I'm signed up for SM but I can also "Test" in ITS......:D

FV90
06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Nice field of SM, ITS, and ITC entered - early registration ends on Wednesday June 16th.
Thank you to all the entrants and workers - we could always use more...something tells me not much hot water will be used in the new shower :rolleyes:

toddgreene
06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Where did all those Cs come from?
Looks like a great crowd!

Todd

cfullgraf
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes, ITC should put on a good show.

pballance
06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Not too late to join in. Looks like great racing in IT this year 8 in ITA and 8 in ITC. Whoo hoo, come and join in the fun!!

Hotshoe
06-22-2010, 10:39 AM
There will be a shower at the track this year. Chattanooga and TVR have arranged for one.

Just wanted to say :happy204:THANKS:happy204: for such a Great Race Weekend.

The Test day was the best I have ever had.....
The racing was fun
The Ziggy's Pizza was excellent
And most of all...... The make shift shower was much appreciated. Must have been made by a master of engineering because it worked great...

Thanks again for a fun weekend of racing...:023:

wbp
06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually, the shower was built by our Chief of Timing and Scoring, Eden Powell. But in her real life, she is a construction foreman. I wonder when was the last time that the Chief of T & S constructed a shower facility for a SCCA event. I'm going with a guess of Never.
Nashville Superspeedway's staff was a big help in finding a place where it would work, as they are with everything we ask. Great folks there.

bhudson
06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Spread the word for 2011 - the Nashville event is one of the best SARRC races of the year. I've had the pleasure of being the Chair of the SOM the last two years and I can say that Chattanooga Region and Tennessee Valley Region really know how to organize a fun race weekend. Why more folks from Atlanta don't attend is a mystery - for those in the NW part of the metro area, it's closer than either Roebling or CMP.

Cobrar05
06-24-2010, 09:29 AM
The NASA SE event at Road Atlanta the same weekend can't help your attendance in Nashville particularly with Atlanta based entries.

FV90
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Believe me it is not easy to find an area to place an event. this year with the SCCA National moving it's date from RR on July 4th it meant it was replaced with a Double SARRC - giving people a 2 week time in-between NSS, RR, and another Double SARRC at RA was looked on as a better solution. Then the Nashville SS crew wants 2 weeks after their NASCAR event then we are faced with very little wiggle room adding to it is the NASA w/e conflict.
As always we put on the best we can and show appreciation to all that work or enter. We try and set-up our date at the mid-year SEDIV meetings but the removal of the National date at Roebling set the ball in motion, we will see what the 2011 schedule brings us.