PDA

View Full Version : Body shop suggestions

anthony1k
04-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I’m looking for a body shop with a frame machine anywhere between Albany and Lime Rock that’s racer friendly. I’d like to try to straighten a slightly off tail section on my newest acquisition. TIA

Steven McWilliams Jr
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Brad Barnhouse has a shop up there. I think i's in PA though. I could shoot him an email if you want to find out where he is exactly. He hasn't raced much lately but he has an ITA car..with NO flaws and hes won the NY road racing championship. he does great work

Steven

BruceG
04-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I’m looking for a body shop with a frame machine anywhere between Albany and Lime Rock that’s racer friendly. I’d like to try to straighten a slightly off tail section on my newest acquisition. TIA

My buddy Mike George at Autoworks Unlimited in Torrington, Ct(40 min to LRP).Fixes race cars all the time, has the machine and is a perfectionist. In his spare time(LOL) he's the flat bed driver for LRP and had pulled a few of us off the track! He's on the web.

mossaidis
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
you can try ensign auto body in colony (albany) on wolf road and central blvd. great work, but I think a little $$.

BruceG
04-12-2010, 08:43 AM
My buddy Mike George at Autoworks Unlimited in Torrington, Ct(40 min to LRP).Fixes race cars all the time, has the machine and is a perfectionist. In his spare time(LOL) he's the flat bed driver for LRP and had pulled a few of us off the track! He's on the web.

PS.....I'll put a plug in for Mike George here for any racers that need their cars worked on in the area.Not just race cars but street cars, as well.

Mike restored Skip Barber's 58 Caddy Eldorado Biaritz(sp) converible a year ago and turned a pig into a prince, as anyone who has seen it at the track can attest. Try him for any race car restoration/repairs. You won't be disappointed.:023::023: