PDA

View Full Version : NHIS TeamDI Pro IT Race - April 10th

benspeed
04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
So this looks like the big season opener for IT racers in the Northeast. My big question to our friends up in the MA/NH area - how bad are the highways after a brutal winter? I'm asking because in years past the potholes etc have been punishing on the trip up, particularly in NH.

I need to know if it's really bad and if I should leave the RV home and take the truck. I don't want to blow apart my RV suspension.

Your perspective is appreciated - my suspension (and kidneys) thank you.

dickita15
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Hell we had a easy winter up here it is you Mid Atlantic guys who went thru hell.

ner88
04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I'd worry more about the roads in NY :)
They haven't seen snow up in NH in well over 2 months!

StephenB
04-01-2010, 11:13 PM
First time in years that the snowbank melted this fast! Today was the final day for snow for me, I live just outside of Concord. I would say the highways and 106 are fine and you should be good to go!

benspeed
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
That's great news since I really want to bring up the party wagon.

We did go through snow hell in NJ - I have never plowed more snow. Our roads are TRASHED.

Greg Amy
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Dude, your roads sucked BEFORE the snow...

benspeed
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Come down now - it's waaaay worse. But I-93 in NH - man, strap down everything, shake rattle and roll...

But I haven't been up there in three seasons. When I called the track they were glowing about all the major improvements made up there. Looking forward to checking it out - including the new RV corral.

MMiskoe
04-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Bring the shag wagon Ben, how bad could the roads be? It was a mild winter here.

Anyone willing to put me on their crew list so I can come watch Ben's new car take on ALL the BMW's in ITR or to see the ITS cars with 1/2 a second across the lot of them.

I want to watch the Pro-IT race put every other National group to shame as I am sure it will!

Thanks
Matt

ner88
04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I spent the day at NHMS, it was 83 and sunny when I left at 4:30 pm.

Dano77
04-04-2010, 03:09 PM
93 North just after 495 before the construction zone in Salem is the worst its been, Big construction delays on Rte 3 before Bedford toll plaza due to new exit to Manch Airport. Usually 1 lane each way at rush hour.
Good luck,Dan

rsx858
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
This is shaping up to be a great weekend! Hopefully the weather is as good as it was this past weekend. Good turnout so far, especially in ITR... It looks like we have some new faces joining the mix as well! should be fantastic.... PRO IT will be the race of the weekend.:D

benspeed
04-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey Dano - any chance of bypassing that construction? I'm going to print up directions and look for the spot you mention.

I have every form of rain related tire so I guarantee it will be sunny! Where is Andy Bettencourt??? - Andy - you better not wuss out on the Pro IT race bro!!!

shlowone
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Can someone point me to the schedule for the day? New to the area and I plan to come up to mingle and smell hot brakes :happy204:. I found the class counts on NESCCA but not the schedule for either PRO IT or SCCA. Thanks in advance.

AJ Goldsmith

Greg Amy
04-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm there...but working Tech (and drinking beer). 'Teg ain't ready...sigh...was really hoping to get a National finish under my belt...

benspeed
04-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Direction questions - do I take 293N to 93N and bypass the construction?

Or, looks like I can take 91N all the way to Brattleboro VT and then cut accross to Concord NH on Route 9. Anybody try this? Route 9 looks like a single lane deal.... 100 miles on country road...

Any suggestions?

Greg Amy
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
My route from Connecticut to NHMS is I-84 East to the Mass Pike, then I-495 North to Route 3 North towards Nashua (exit 35?); that's the Everett Turnpike that goes through Nashua and Manchester. Trailer-friendly (4-lane, divided, but the run through Manchester is a tad twisty, just slow down), and the tolls are cheap (EZ Pass works in MA and NH). Go that way and you'll bypass Dan's construction zone.

Just note that on the way back, the Everett Turnpike exits to the left. Just move left as you pass the NH State rest area/liquor store (you'll see what I mean, pretty decent prices on beer/wine, no tax) and you'll be fine.

GA

benspeed
04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Mucho thanks - many extra cold beers in the coach for ya!

rsx858
04-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Can someone point me to the schedule for the day? New to the area and I plan to come up to mingle and smell hot brakes :happy204:. I found the class counts on NESCCA but not the schedule for either PRO IT or SCCA. Thanks in advance.

AJ Goldsmith

Schedule can be found in the supps here: http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/10-N-977-S.pdf

on the NESCCA site just click "view" next to "pre race count"

shlowone
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks Matt. :023: Now you know why my handle is Slow...

StephenB
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I would normally take rt 9 so that should answer your question :) it takes nearly the same time IF you have no traffic and you like windy roads while maintaining highway speeds.... so in short its not a prime towing road :)

I think route 3 would have worse traffic problems with the construction on that side but as long as your not traveling at 5pm in that area it is probably OK. If you do take route 3 ( which h is what I would do) DO NOT STAY IN THE LEFT LANES AS YOU NEAR THE TOLL. It has a massive dip (almost a hole) that you really want to avoid! Good luck and have fun.

Stephen

RSTPerformance
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I would normally take rt 9 so that should answer your question :) it takes nearly the same time IF you have no traffic and you like windy roads while maintaining highway speeds.... so in short its not a prime towing road :)

I think route 3 would have worse traffic problems with the construction on that side but as long as your not traveling at 5pm in that area it is probably OK. If you do take route 3 ( which h is what I would do) DO NOT STAY IN THE LEFT LANES AS YOU NEAR THE TOLL. It has a massive dip (almost a hole) that you really want to avoid! Good luck and have fun.

Stephen

Stephen gives a good warning...

Rt 3/Everet Turnpike is most certainly faster than 93 (good Call Greg).... The roads are also all in VERY GOOD condition with the one MAJOR exception... When approaching the Bedford toll northbound do not travel in the left lane. A MAJOR dip in the road will not be good for the tools, but it will probably get the mice out of the race car! But for real other than that most of the roads are in perfect condition from Burlington MA north to the Hooksett Toll Booth in NH.

Raymond "Hope this helps" Blethen

benspeed
04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys - advice is much appreciated - avoiding the swampy highway on the left side of toll :-)

rsx858
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
So whats up with ITB... 1 entry?

ulfelder
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Good turnout so far, especially in ITR... .:D

Bummed I can't make it. Was never planning to - we're aiming for the May 2 NHMS Regional as the S2000's debut - but with the weekend approaching, I wish I could be there to mix it up.

Steve

rsx858
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Steve, Saw the s2k this past weekend when dropping off my car... The cage in that thing is just a work of art! Cant wait to see that thing tear it up!

ulfelder
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey Steve, Saw the s2k this past weekend when dropping off my car... The cage in that thing is just a work of art! Cant wait to see that thing tear it up!

Thanks Matt, saw your car yesterday. Randy builds a sweet cage, doesn't he? Hope I can pedal that car well enough to run with the BMWs and Ben ... :eclipsee_steering:

Steve

benspeed
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm cheering for ya Steve - we gotta keep this class honest and not spec bimmer!

Dano77
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
construction update,495 north at exit 35 lane shift due to bridge reconstruction,93 north entering NH construction till exit5 or halfway to 6 by now.Rt3 at bedford tolls, the massive dip should be ok as your bumper to bumper at around 3 pm from exit 12 thru the tolls. beyond all that is smooth either way. being the first nice weekend with possably little flood chances,the ride out on sunday should be just as special below Manchester on either route.
Cant wait to see IT cars run a national.uh no thats STU cars,thats it. Good luck
Dan 77 IT7

Matt Rowe
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I hate to ask, but does anyone have a good DL1 lap marker file for NHMS - preferably whatever configuration we are using this weekend?

Greg Amy
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
But of course! One for the DASH-2, for on-track sectors; one for the post-session data dump... - GA

RSTPerformance
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Unfortunatly the RSTPerformance Racing cars will not be running even though it is in our back yard... We still want to support the series any way we can...

One of our sponsors supplies us with wearable HD cameras (Contour HD by VholdR.com) and we have two FREE demos available For PROIT cars for use inside or outside the car (bumper cams kick...)! PM me if you are interested and we can coordinate it.

Raymond

Matt Rowe
04-07-2010, 11:32 PM
But of course! One for the DASH-2, for on-track sectors; one for the post-session data dump... - GA

and that must be why you are tGA!

Thanks!