PDA

View Full Version : NASA track day opener at LRP

BruceG
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Went to the NASA track today at LRP. Pretty good turnout and good but cool weather. A viper spun out between 2 and 3 on the first lap....LOL. Took a long time to heat up tires with 30-35 deg F at the start.

Highlight was a mint Lola T70.....Holy Moly, Batman...what a car!!:023:

Andy Bettencourt
03-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Went to the NASA track today at LRP. Pretty good turnout and good but cool weather. A viper spun out between 2 and 3 on the first lap....LOL. Took a long time to heat up tires with 30-35 deg F at the start.

What was the cost to participate?

THawkbh
03-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Was it blue and driven by a tall skinny guy?

BruceG
03-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Was it blue and driven by a tall skinny guy?

No...bright yellow driven by a short guy.

BruceG
03-28-2010, 02:01 PM
What was the cost to participate?

Andy...lower than SCDA for this one....$270....good sized crowd. More pit crew for a track day than an SCCA Regional.....LOL. Lots of M3's, vettes, one ITA racer in a spec pinata, gt500 stangs, strange NASA UFO's with big wings, a few sports racers, tons of STI's, EVO'S...et al.

In fairness to Ian and SCDA, I heard a driver mention that usually NASA is over $300 at LRP. Must have got a lower rate from Skippy being so early in the season(First event of the season, even before the CLUB).

dj10
03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
It could have been free, at 32 degs you won't see me out on a race track. :~)

RedMisted
03-31-2010, 02:08 AM
It could have been free, at 32 degs you won't see me out on a race track. :~)

Hell, I'll race in the snow! Sometimes I think that in a former life I was a Scandinavian stage rally driver...

mossaidis
03-31-2010, 05:04 AM
Hell, I'll race in the snow! Sometimes I think that in a former life I was a Scandinavian stage rally driver...

Mom, is that you? (ps. I'm half danish)

BruceG
03-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Andy...lower than SCDA for this one....$270....good sized crowd. More pit crew for a track day than an SCCA Regional.....LOL. Lots of M3's, vettes, one ITA racer in a spec pinata, gt500 stangs, strange NASA UFO's with big wings, a few sports racers, tons of STI's, EVO'S...et al.

In fairness to Ian and SCDA, I heard a driver mention that usually NASA is over $300 at LRP. Must have got a lower rate from Skippy being so early in the season(First event of the season, even before the CLUB).

Meant to put this in a separate thread.