PDA

View Full Version : Hankook's 2010 Contingency

erlrich
03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Has been announced - details here (http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Motor/Conting.aspx?pageNum=4&subNum=4&ChildNum=1) - no love for the regional racers this time around, only for the Pro Solo, Solo National, and Runoffs (limited classes) guys.

Greg Amy
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Meh. Hard to collect contingencies anyway, when you can't buy the tires...

quadzjr
03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
They sell them on tirerack :shrug:

erlrich
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Meh. Hard to collect contingencies anyway, when you can't buy the tires...

Details...

erlrich
03-23-2010, 02:00 PM
They sell them on tirerack :shrug:

No shit!?!?!? That's new...

LOL, just checked - "estimated availability - fewer than 8" :017: Looks like even the Tirerack's mojo is weak when it comes to Hankook.

shwah
03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Details...

For the last few years, folks that have tested the Hankook waters have been greeted with limited to no supply of thier chosen tire size at some point during the race season.

Not a problem I am familiar with in the Hoosier program, but I can imagine it is frustrating.

Greg Amy
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
For the last few years, folks that have tested the Hankook waters have been greeted with limited to no supply of thier chosen tire size at some point during the race season.
...usually right before important races, like the IT Fest and ARRC. Never again, not even if they're free.

JLawton
03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Has been announced - details here (http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Motor/Conting.aspx?pageNum=4&subNum=4&ChildNum=1) - no love for the regional racers this time around, only for the Pro Solo, Solo National, and Runoffs (limited classes) guys.

Those f*ckers. I'm done with them. I put up with their limited supply for two years and now no contingency for regional?? See ya.......

downingracing
03-23-2010, 09:40 PM
I really like the Hankooks and loved the 'old' contingency program! Will run them this year because I still have a large supply of them in the basement... When it comes time to buy new tires, who knows. (and who knows when that will be)

quadzjr
03-23-2010, 10:07 PM
so how offers regional support. I know hooiser did, atleast last year they did. whom else?

Robert Zecca
03-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Hoosier will be making an announcement this week.

gran racing
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM
not even if they're free.

Famous last words. As two free sets arrive at Greg's door...okay, so I'll take them.

Greg Amy
03-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Famous last words. As two free sets arrive at Greg's door...okay, so I'll take them.
Nope, sorry, I'd sell them before they get put on one of my race cars.

Ever have a season spending the first 1/2 to 2/3 prepping and tuning for a specific set of tires, then call the manufacturer to get some for The Big Race, only to be told that now were available and now you have to scramble to buy tires when you have a fist-full of coupons for "free" tires? Ever have two of those seasons? Try it, it's fun.

Then, you find out that not only did said manufacturer not properly maintain their supply chain, but they're sending them to their "National racers" for free, and then said racers aren't using them, instead offering them to you at retail prices?

Sorry, "not even if they're free".

GA

gran racing
03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Ever have a season spending the first 1/2 to 2/3 prepping and tuning for a specific set of tires

Think you already know my answer that. :lol: