PDA

View Full Version : Pay to park at NHMS

Dano77
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Can someone explain in better detail the pay to park deal at NHMS,lots of rumors floating around. Are we able to pick a spot or is someone parking us as we show up? What is the cost and how much space do we get? No probs paying for power but dose that mean my buddies all pay to park street cars or trailers. If the trailer can come off can we park it outside and use the space for another car? Lots of questions,not to much info.

Thanks
Dan 77 IT7

mossaidis
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Unless things have changed this year, I believe you sign up for a garage spot when you register online and/or when you show up at the track. I believe it's $100/double garage per day. You can split that 3 ways if you want, since the spots are big, 3 cars can easily share the space as they come and go between qual/race sessions. I do not believe they charge for trailer/rv parking - just pay, get an assigned garage, split it with someone, drive to the lot (north or south), unload your car/tools and place them in your garage. The trailer, truck and RV stay in the lots but not the garages.

dickita15
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
My understanding is although there was no rent increase and it looks like no entry fee increase there will be a camping fee. The details are still unclear but the price for camping is $25 with electric and $15 without for the weekend. Paddock parking but not camping without electricity is still free. You can camp next to your rented garage for no additional fee but my understanding is the garages went up $25.
The coach lot (the cage in the center) will be open and my understanding is the price is per space, not per rig, and I am told they are big spaces.
Worker camping will be paid in some manner by the region.
They are making some upgrades, they have already torn down and replace the shower building just outside the tunnel and more improvements are planned.

We really have not fully figured out the details but the good news is we have the national to figure it all out.

By the way the grass near turn two is becoming a kids playground and picnic area, we will most likely have our end of days parties there weather permitting.

By the way there may not be any golf carts available for competitors to rent. So far they barely have enough on hand for the region to rent.

gran racing
03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
By the way the grass near turn two is becoming a kids playground and picnic area,

Nice - that's a great idea.

Greg Amy
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice - that's a great idea.
...sez the new dad... ;) Personally, I'd prefer it as a beer hall...with topless waitresses... :shrug:

I've left two messages with the NHMS administrative offices to call me back about garages, I'd like to reserve my customary spots. Nada response...

dickita15
03-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Greg I would advise patience. The new operations manager has been on the ground just two weeks. I am told he is very eager to work with us and in familiar with our events.
I was told he used to be a local and even worked as a flagger at NER and Bike races before a six-year stint with Nascar.

After what we went through with the paddock construction last year I expect this year will be joyous.

Dano77
03-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the answers. Was told it would be 25 for camper + 15 for enclosed trailer if you pluged in or not. Other wise we wer out side the oval in the solo lot or something. No golf carts outside and no race cars out side. Didnt make too much sense to me the way it was explained. Maybe a language issue. Hmmm

Dan