PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point Test Days

spnkzss
03-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Are there any more before MARRS 1? I planned on today, but I need dry track for my testing. I know with the track closing for repave I'm probably SOL, but I had to ask.

jjjanos
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Are there any more before MARRS 1? I planned on today, but I need dry track for my testing. I know with the track closing for repave I'm probably SOL, but I had to ask.

April 3- FATT on Shenandoah
April 16 - FATT on SPR
April 21 - Colonial Challenge Cup (http://www.colonialchallengecup.com/Documents/TrackDay.pdf)

There's always the school this weekend, assuming you are willing to put up with "instruction."

erlrich
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
And don't forget the open practice the Friday before M1. I was thinking about bringing the car up for that practice day (and to get my annual) just to make sure everything is in good order before I take it to VIR in May.

spnkzss
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Need more time then the practice day will give me. I need to go out 2 laps, come in, make a change, go out 2 laps, come in......... rinse repeat. FATT and practice day won't cut it.

Steven McWilliams Jr
03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I tried to do the school in my FV after I completely reubilt it, but they still won't let me. They say it's b/c you cannot go if you're going to make it a "test and tune day" I don't see why the region ust won't take our 500 bucks,they need the money. BTW: I bought the Civic Saturday and should be out for MARRS one, assuming my shakedown at the PDX goes well.
Steven

spnkzss
03-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I tried to do the school in my FV after I completely reubilt it, but they still won't let me. They say it's b/c you cannot go if you're going to make it a "test and tune day" I don't see why the region ust won't take our 500 bucks,they need the money. BTW: I bought the Civic Saturday and should be out for MARRS one, assuming my shakedown at the PDX goes well.
Steven

The problem with the school and using it as a test and tune is, the school has to be a somewhat predictable environment. Test and tunes can be very unpredictable. This year you are allowed to do the school if you have a comp license, but you HAVE to follow the format just like everyone else. Meaning class room sessions and everything else.

I will admit, I wish I had thought about it a little harder. I would really like to go this weekend. ESPECIALLY with the weather we are suppose to have.

Congrads. Can't wait to see another Civic at M1.

jjjanos
03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
The problem with the school and using it as a test and tune is, the school has to be a somewhat predictable environment. Test and tunes can be very unpredictable. This year you are allowed to do the school if you have a comp license, but you HAVE to follow the format just like everyone else. Meaning class room sessions and everything else.

It is possible to do both - test/tune and get instruction. Ya just need someone you can trust making the changes to the car you want while you sit in the classroom.