PDA

View Full Version : NHMS Test Day

wepsbee
03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
The test day at NHMS is labeled as SCCA only. How do you sign up for this test day? I do not find anything at either the NESCCA site or NHMS site.
Also can someone remind me who I speak with to get a garage.

Greg Amy
03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Unless things have changed:

- For the test day you show up at the track with a checkbook.

- To reserve a garage call the administrative offices, phone number at http://www.nhms.com

GA

wepsbee
03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Unless things have changed:

- For the test day you show up at the track with a checkbook.

- To reserve a garage call the administrative offices, phone number at http://www.nhms.com

GA
Thanks GA

gran racing
03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Seriously, have you not learned?? tGa

Andy Bettencourt
03-13-2010, 12:36 AM

That's only for about 3 of ya. LOL

wepsbee
03-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Huh???

Eagle7
03-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Huh???
Greg is a legend in his own mind, thus THE Greg Amy (tGA).

wepsbee
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh I get it now. See these are the types of things we were referring to when we said that newbies need more info but do not know the questions.:rolleyes:

Greg Amy
03-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Easy son, them's fighting words (though I hardly dispute your underlying point).

However, you are incorrect in that this legend is not the source of the nickname. That came from Hyperfest '05(?) when I was sitting in my NX2000 on the grid before the race, talking with Joe DiMinno and a couple other racers. Someone I'd not met looked into the passenger side of the car, reached in and shook my hand and introduced himself, and asked me if I was "THE Greg Amy"? I said I was, and he replied that he was a big fan of our program and was glad to have finally met me. After exchanging a few words he thanked me and walked away.

Of course, Crazy Joe DiMinno was an unfortunate witness to this whole exchange, then someone one RRAX created the alphabetical moniker "tGA", ever since then the nickname has stuck... :shrug:

Eagle7
03-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Easy son, them's fighting words (though I hardly dispute your underlying point).

However, you are incorrect in that this legend is not the source of the nickname. That came from Hyperfest '05(?) when I was sitting in my NX2000 on the grid before the race, talking with Joe DiMinno and a couple other racers. Someone I'd not met looked into the passenger side of the car, reached in and shook my hand and introduced himself, and asked me if I was "THE Greg Amy"? I said I was, and he replied that he was a big fan of our program and was glad to have finally met me. After exchanging a few words he thanked me and walked away.

Of course, Crazy Joe DiMinno was an unfortunate witness to this whole exchange, then someone one RRAX created the alphabetical moniker "tGA", ever since then the nickname has stuck... :shrug:

Great story. I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.

It reminds me of when was just starting this racing thing, slower than molassis, the local paddock chief started calling me "the soon to be famous Marty Doane", so I adopted him as "my publicity manager". Great guy, lots of fun.

gran racing
03-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh come on Greg! You can include Part II now can't you? LOL!!!

Greg Amy
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh come on Greg! You can include Part II now can't you? LOL!!!
I'm scared to ask...?:wacko:

lateapex911
03-15-2010, 03:40 AM
So, hee hee...how did Keven Ruck become tKR???

hmmmm?

:D

Greg Amy
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
So, hee hee...how did Keven Ruck become tKR???
EVERYBODY wants a piece of the tGA action...but, in the end, there's only one.

dj10
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
EVERYBODY wants a piece of the tGA action...but, in the end, there's only one.

I see there is a Greg Amy in Nazareth, PA, that makes two...:)