PDA

View Full Version : intro, wtb 12a

shlowone
02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi, I'm new to NE planning to race IT7 this year. Have the car, need a 12a. If anyone knows one for sale, sitting, good junkyards to check, etc. I'd appreciate the leads. Or contacts for guys that rebuild rotarys. I'm new to the area and still trying to find my way around.

Thx, AJ

dpc
02-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Ray and Grant, help this man out....dave

Hotshoe
02-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to NE planning to race IT7 this year. Have the car, need a 12a. If anyone knows one for sale, sitting, good junkyards to check, etc. I'd appreciate the leads. Or contacts for guys that rebuild rotarys. I'm new to the area and still trying to find my way around.

Thx, AJ

I have just about any part you may need.

SEDIV SARRC IT7 Champion
Rickey Thompson
(919)-921-6050

shlowone
02-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Great thanks. I'm in MA, maybe just need two sides and a center housing. I'm going to try and take a recently built street port motor and re-assemble as a stock port. I could really use help from a local motor builder too. I can do it, but time is a problem with my new job.

Regards,
AJ Goldsmith

moto62
02-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Ray and Grant, help this man out....dave

Hey man! I'm retired.:D I did speak to schlowone (Wats up Aj! Welcome) this past week and I did promise him some names. Rickey Thompson is a great place to start and for the Northeasteners, Dano S, Dick P, Dave F, Lou I, Jake G, Grant M, Mikey B and there are a few others. Post up if you can help out the newb.

JLawton
02-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the IT7 guys in NE are all good guys, you'll have fun!

shlowone
02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks Ray, good talking with you and appreciate the leads. Whassup racers, I 'll be out with y'all soon enough, need a motor tho. I raced in California before I sold all my BMW stuff and moved here for work. Fell into a deal to buy my old Pro7 car back from Bruce Gasque (who is also trying to help me here, thanks Bruce!). So far I've only met Bruce and talked to Ray and don't really know any other guys here, and if it wasn't for time with work and family and lack of a backup motor to get ready I wouldn't be in a huge hurry. I want to get a few track days to get my line and dial in the car and get back to racing as much of the season as I can. I've been watching CL for a first gen but nada so my hands are tied. I think I all really need is 12a end and center plates (mine are street ported and ice cracked respectively), and someone to put it together. Attached a pic of the car if you're interested. Thanks much!

Regards,
AJ Goldsmith

Carlo Bandini
03-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Welcome AJ. I live in Ct. Give me a call and maybe I can help you out. Grant mcstay Blue #31 IT7. Tel. 860 223 5780

Dano77
03-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Dude ,Welcome back. We are currently in parts limbo in the NE. We have a thing called rust and it never sleeps. A couple of us have parts but they are gettin scarce. How soon do you need it done and are you in need of a school? sounds like you have a comp liscence already so that buys some time. I posted else where looking for parts and got alot of leads so give a shout and I can get you numbers. See you at the track. We are the guys with the old IT cars.:dead_horse: You'll find us shortly.
Dan-o 77 IT7
603-674-5405

moto62
03-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome AJ. I live in Ct. Give me a call and maybe I can help you out. Grant mcstay Blue #31 IT7. Tel. 860 223 5780

Woot!!! Carlo Bandini man!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWHwKdVOz0M

:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the forum Grant.

shlowone
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys. Grant, will give you a call. I only need 12a irons right now, and someone to help put it back together and help me dyno tune. Dan-o, yea I have an active NASA comp license and its reciprocal with SCCA. I can get the plates shipped from one of my mazda guys in California if all else fails, and in fact even have the motor built there but kind of a bit of work. We'll see.....

Carlo Bandini
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Eileen and I enjoyed the show

Dano77
03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Spoke to Chris at Mostly Mazda/Honda today. He has a couple complete engines as well as disassembled stuff. Good news he is in Stamford CT 203-375-9753. He's expecting your call. Alot easier than shipping from CA. They do a bunch of Mazda and Honda race cars. Good guys
Dan 603-674-5405

moto62
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Spoke to Chris at Mostly Mazda/Honda today. He has a couple complete engines as well as disassembled stuff. Good news he is in Stamford CT 203-375-9753. He's expecting your call. Alot easier than shipping from CA. They do a bunch of Mazda and Honda race cars. Good guys
Dan 603-674-5405

Make that Stratford Ct.:023: Definately give Chris a call AJ. We can always move stuff around.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-10611336-mostly-motorsports-mazda-honda-stratford

shlowone
03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys. I talked to Chris, will probably get the motor pulled this weekend and get it down to him at some point - two business trips in the next couple weeks but I'll get er done. Good guy, appreciate the lead.

toddk
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Contact this guy. His name is Chris. He is not a racer, but he has a garage full of rotary cars and engines. He is in Carver. I just drove out to Western Mass with him and picked up a 79 RX7 with a mint body. [email protected] Tell him Todd sent you.

Dano77
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
No Fair,thats my secret stash. Thanks for the info Todd. We stopped by his place sunday and worked a deal for a bunch of trades. Hes got some pretty cool old stuff, and hes a good guy as well.

Dan

shlowone
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
haha Dano - maybe you can use your connection to help me out with some irons! I sent an email to him yesterday, but no word back yet. Heading out to Ohio in the morning, back Friday night. Maybe I can connect this weekend. I need to give the other guy a ring too, been a busy couple weeks.

racerpepe
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I heard you need a motor. I have a fresh engine that was just rebuilt by espeed (Estus white). This is the first rebuild on all new cases. This is my spare motor and now I need money for a new project. I can probably let you have it for close to what you would have in parts. Give me a call (919)608-3444 c. You can also call Estus @ espeed. Thanks Pepe.:eclipsee_steering:

shlowone
03-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Thanks to all for your help, looks like I could be dialed in to get all fixed up from Chris at Mostly Motorsport in CT. I need to score some RA1s, a transponder and an exhaust and ready to roll, coming soon to a track near you.

AJ

lateapex911
03-13-2010, 07:40 PM
AJ, I have plenty of take off Hoosiers and Hankooks. I can give them to you if you are interested. Some are a few years old, all have 7 -10 cycles on them. All have been stored in my dark climate controlled basement, LOL.

shlowone
03-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Jake, but I'll buy new ones. This journey has not been a budget problem, it's mostly driven by the time I have and people I don't know yet because I'm new to the area. Everyone's been real helpful and that's cool. These 12a parts are like diamonds or something. I don't really want to be out scouring Craigslist all the time trying to find parts and storing them just in case.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but it makes me wonder as a small and regional class why IT7 doesn't evolve to Webers and 13b with a weight penalty to provide some room for growth. Hell, IT even allows for Webers but not on rotaries (although not the 48 IDA that EP uses).

Dano77
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
The reason for the 12a is there are only 8 cars in the region and thats what we got in the cars. Im all for 13b and webber or holly 2 barrel. Hmmmm.

lateapex911
03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
IT7 isn't really a regional "only" class...it's a class that is recoognized and is in the supps for most regions. Making changes to the ruleset to serve the local guys fractures the region off from the rest of the country, and eliminates teh ability of the guys with the now unique cars to travel to other regions. That's fine if that's understood and accepted.

The 'south" is 'reported' to have a 'gentlemans agreement'...and there is under the breath discussion as to how it alienates other traveling racers. I have no idea whether any of that it true, or is just a legend, but, it illustrates how even a rumour can affect peoples actions.

MKB
03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
HEY..................Danno and "the" new guy-dont be floating ideas out there that "might" make me get under the hood of my car???

Mike

Dano77
03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
What do you mean new guy? You wouldnt get under the hood if we paid you. Should we mention the stellar hillclimb times in September? Some thing about plug wires and lap times being related.

Dan-o

MKB
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
AND..............the hole in the header that points right AT the carburetor-du oh!

hmmmmmmmm I better get to work ASAP!

Mike