PDA

View Full Version : Tire question

cherbi7
02-15-2010, 04:10 PM
I am not too sure about what tire I should use and unfortunately I do not have the budget to spend a ton of money on tires. Has anyone tried the Nitto NT-01 225/45ZR-15 87Z BLK? (approx. $140) Or are there any suggestions on other cheapish tires I should try out.I am just trying to get some seat time for now and do not think the tires will be the limiting factor of my performance. Any help would be appreciated.

gpeluso
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Coming from specmiata.... i feel the toyo RA1 is a great tire that lasts.....I believe the tire you are talking about is actually a sister company and the compound is about the same. I have run all the other tire brands..... and yes toyo is not near the fastest but it is consistant last for quite some time......if it seat time you want I believe you have made a good choice.....

Greg

quadzjr
02-16-2010, 10:27 AM
there are plenty of used takeoffs available. I would start there. This way if you flat spot a tire you are not out a bunch of money.

cherbi7
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Where would be the best place to locate those? Just ask guys in my area? (St. Louis) I have checked some other sites and just do not see much on used tires that will work. Thanks

dickita15
02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
We tested the N1s on a couple of cars last year in IT7 and an SM running in ITA, I think the Miata got 17 heat cycles before the shoulder was worn out and that last cycle was a 3 hour enduro. They are very similar to the Ra1s but have larger tread blocks. Because if that we were able to run them unshaved and they did not chunk. The only reason to shave them would be weight. I think they are a very good value.

quadzjr
02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Where would be the best place to locate those? Just ask guys in my area? (St. Louis) I have checked some other sites and just do not see much on used tires that will work. Thanks

you can find them on certain sites.. depending on what size tires you have I have atleast two good set of take-offs.. That I could sell you.

cherbi7
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM
PM sent