PDA

View Full Version : NARRC (NJMP) & NERRC (NHMS) Conflict Aug 21?

lawtonglenn
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
hmmmm....

10-XXXXX NJMP Test Day 8/20/2010 SJR NJMP
10-XXXXX Regional 8/21/2010 SJR NJMP
10-XXXXX Enduro 8/21/2010 NER NHMS
10-XXXXX Regional 8/21/2010 NER NHMS

Jerry....I saw notes from the NARRC meeting in Nov where I saw you had successfully negotiated away the conflicts in July....were you unsuccessful avoiding August conflicts?

Best
Glenn

StephenB
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I will also have to make this tough choice.... I think I am going to run the NARRC but NHIS is so close to me... Raymond said he is being dragged on some honeymoon thing this same weekend breaking all the rules of a racecar driver : ) glad that I don't have to make THAT choice!

Stephen

Ed Funk
02-15-2010, 08:09 AM
----uh, I think you already did, just don't do it again!:D

ner88
02-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Original proposal was for NJMP to have both July and August.
Unfortunately tracks give us dates, we can take them or not.

NARRC's current issue: 4 regions, NNJ, MOHUD, NY and NER.
NNJ is not running events, they are now SNJ events
MOHUD is not running any NARRC events
NY only runs the NARRCoff
NER has a series NERRC
So, where do we go from here?

Andy Bettencourt
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
NARRC needs to be a series that is run independent of the Regional executives.

Who wants to pitch it and run it with me?

Jeremy Billiel
02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
NARRC needs to be a series that is run independent of the Regional executives.

Who wants to pitch it and run it with me?

I normal woudl help, but with the 6 month at home I need to be shedding volunteer stuff and not taking on more. Sorry bout that Andy! But heck with no ITAC time anymore you are a free man!

dickita15
02-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I do not understand the problem with the Narrc this year. It has fewer races which would seem to be a good thing in this economy. It started as 5 tracks, 10 races, 6 weekends with nice spacing although it is a shame that the Poccono date was lost. But a pretty good schedule if one wants a traveling series.
Likewise the Nerrc series has very good spacing with two of the doubles becoming triples. A very nice schedule if you want a series based around NHMS. Two singles, a double and three triples.
Both attractive choices depending on what you want out of a series.
It is unfortunate that every SJR race date this year has a conflict with an NER date but not everything is within the clubs control.

Terry Hanushek
02-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Jerry

NNJ is not running events, they are now SNJ events

Minor correction: Most events at NJMP including the August MARRS / NARRC event are being organized by the Jersey Racing Board which is a cooperative venture of NNJR and SJR.

Terry

Andy Bettencourt
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I am not sure there is a specific problem Dick. I think the membership could be better served if the NARRC series was run independent of the individual (and sometimes conflicting) agendas of each of the Regions.

It's a concept that has been being bounced around for a few years at least.

dtanthon
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
NNJR had an event at Pocono on the usual Mother's Day weekend, problem was the SCCA Pro scheduled an event (Trans AM, VW Cup, Spec Racer & FE) at NJMP the same weekend. Ensuring enough workers for Pocono was the issue, not enough workers means we don't race. Pocono regional will be back in 2011.

NNJR and SJR partner at NJMP for the regional races, that is the Jersey Racing Board or JRB.

The NARRC group wanted to race at NJMP in 2010. The race weekends provided by the track were July 10-11, August 21-22 and October 23-24. The July and August dates are in conflict with NHMS events. The July NHMS event is a NARRC and the August NJMP is a NARRC. That was agreed upon at the scheduling meeting in November.

Speaking of meetings (www.NESCCA.com (http://www.NESCCA.com)) - NARRC Awards Luncheon and NARRC Committee Meeting are scheduled during the NEDiv Round Table at Florham Park New Jersey on March 13. Do we want to have a NARRC town hall meeting? The NNJR 60th Anniversary Party is Saturday night March 13 as well. What do you want so we can make NARRC the best series out there again?

dickita15
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I am not sure there is a specific problem Dick. I think the membership could be better served if the NARRC series was run independent of the individual (and sometimes conflicting) agendas of each of the Regions.

It's a concept that has been being bounced around for a few years at least.

One of the things I love about the Narrc series’ organizational structure is how efficient it is. The four regions that run Narrc do it with just two meetings a year, in conjunction with the Divisional meeting when the key people have to be in the same place anyway. Of course there are a few additional volunteers, points, reserved numbers, treasurer and secretary. Everything else just piggybacks on existing races put on by the regions.
Has the Narrc committee ever gone down the wrong road, sure, but over the long history of the series I think it has served the racing community pretty well and I think it has been pretty responsive to input.
In the very bureaucratic environment of SCCA I think the governing of Narrc works pretty well.

Andy Bettencourt
02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
One of the things I love about the Narrc series’ organizational structure is how efficient it is. The four regions that run Narrc do it with just two meetings a year, in conjunction with the Divisional meeting when the key people have to be in the same place anyway. Of course there are a few additional volunteers, points, reserved numbers, treasurer and secretary. Everything else just piggybacks on existing races put on by the regions.
Has the Narrc committee ever gone down the wrong road, sure, but over the long history of the series I think it has served the racing community pretty well and I think it has been pretty responsive to input.
In the very bureaucratic environment of SCCA I think the governing of Narrc works pretty well.

You are the first perosn who I have ever heard talk about it in such glowing terms. I will yeild to your wisdom.

lawtonglenn
02-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Both attractive choices depending on what you want out of a series.

Dick, I agree :), and I am trying to set my schedule to do both, but on 8/21 I guess I have to choose which points I need more :D