PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood Rally

Tkczecheredflag
01-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Robin Hood Rally here we come. Can't beleive I was the first driver selected - it's beyond my comprehension. Next stop is to find some sponsorship money - Filming starts in May and the show airs in November. Wish me luck.

http://www.robinhoodrally.com/

May 21st and 22nd - New Hampshire
June 11th and 12th - New York
June 25th and 26th - Pennsylvania
July 16th and 17th - Maryland
July 30th and 31st - Virginia
August 20th and 21st - North Carolina
September 10th and 11th - South Carolina
September 24th and 25th - Tennessee
October 15th and 16th - Georgia
November 5th and 6th - Louisiana

StephF
01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
:happy204:
Congrats Tim! Tell Carol to crank up the sales of her CD and give you a dollar for each one.

cpm motorsports
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
:happy204:
Congrats Tim! Tell Carol to crank up the sales of her CD and give you a dollar for each one.

Will be putting in more than a dollar! :035: Anybody want to buy a CD ??

erlrich
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Interesting...so this went from last year, when it was $50k to race using their vehicles, to this year, where you pay $5k but have to use your vehicle. Based on this (http://www.sccabb.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7789) thread on the SCCA forums, and this (http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/station/as-seen-on/Reality___Robinhood_Rally_is_not_NBC_Production_Ha rtford.html) piece about the original show, I am just hoping that they now have their act together and can come through on the promises. Not trying to be a wet blanket, but I just remembered reading about this a while back.

JLawton
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Very cool Tim. You'll be running the Teg?

Let us know when and where. Might be interesting to come and watc.......I mean "help". :D

Tim Dugan
01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
congrats to you? We (the blethens and myself) were thinking about "trying out" this but we decided to wait and see if it really pans out. Lucky for the rest of the people that are doing it at least you all have a chance to win a prize this year!!!:smilie_pokal: Good luck and show those people how to drive.

RSTPerformance
01-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Was very interested in the series... Wedding this fall and other time and money comitments held me back this year... But this is something I will follow closely for next year! Keep us up to date with how things go!!!

Raymond "I know who I am rooting for now!!!" Blethen

kevin22
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
there are no published class rules. How will they handicap the cars?

Tkczecheredflag
01-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Earl - best I can tell this is happening and is the real deal. They will be buying the time to maintain production integrity. It apears differnt than originally concieved. The focus will be east of the missisippi - rally on public raods - hosting municipality will recieve all proceeds "Robin Hood." After attending the reception yesterday it looks like it has legs. If you'd like friend me on Facebook and check out the pix.

Tkczecheredflag
01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
there are no published class rules. How will they handicap the cars?
Not clear on the handicap but it is weight to HP ratio. We dyno the cars in March.