PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea for the ITAC

quadzjr
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I know currently there are/were people on the ITAC that has questioned what role they are performing as there efforts may seem hopeless.

This idea, though not solving the problem, came to me here at work.

I am not familiar with the con-call format, but what I vision is a half dozen or so guys all call in, set a agenda to talk about, and discuss. I could be WAY off on that.

Do you guys utilize a computer? What I mean is that you guys can all call in to talk to each other, as well as logging in to a computer if you have one close to you during the call.

This way you can pre-send in the topics you want covered, and have a platform that you can not only allow the easy transfer of data, but also allow a means to graphically show the data or letter that is the topic of dicussion. the whole "a picture is worth a thousand words idea"

You can choose a moderator, as I assume you may do already, and once you get the small bugs worked out, you can get the login password to CRB members, and they can easily follow along with your discussion. This would minimize the amount of lost in communication, and also would make the hours long conference calls more easy to follow and may make them quicker.:shrug:

I know at my work I have to sit in quite a few conference calls. Often I can get fustrated with that they are trying to tell me, and I will let them conitnue talking and start looking on the computer at the data they are presenting. If I have questions or concerns I address anything that I didn't see or hear.

just an idea.

lateapex911
01-26-2010, 12:53 PM
It's a good idea. back in the early days, the ITAC used a yahoo thingy to communicate. Some email deal...it sucked, LOL. SCCA set up a forum that we now use. It's like this, but private so we can mutter about the members. KIDDING!
Yes, I am a HUGE proponent of using the board to discuss letters, compile data and 'do our homework" before the call. I wish others were more into it as well.

But, if I get a file from somebody, I scan it, convert it or whatever and post it on our board. I feel open communication is key.