PDA

View Full Version : How the production drivers see you.

jhooten
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
http://prodracing.com/prodcar/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11204&sid=55fba9e5061e6a3f5ed30ce556f6c9dd

Damn those low life IT drivers.

Lael Cleland
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
God Damn those IT guys! I have rented cars to prod guys, they ran IT and loved it cause they finished the race! When you have a 13:1 grenade under the bonnet, your a better human????

StephF
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
http://prodracing.com/prodcar/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11204&sid=55fba9e5061e6a3f5ed30ce556f6c9dd

Heeeeeeeee!
:happy204:

But...don't you know some of those National drivers are "This close" (holds thumb and forefinger about an inch apart) "to being professional race car drivers?"

^^ Refers to an incident at NH many years ago with a pissed off Vee driver who was complaining to the workers still at the remnants of the party that they were disturbing his sleep...he made the mistake of actually saying that to them.....really went over well......not!

924Guy
01-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Heeeeeeeee!
:happy204:

But...don't you know some of those National drivers are "This close" (holds thumb and forefinger about an inch apart) "to being professional race car drivers?"

^^ Refers to an incident at NH many years ago with a pissed off Vee driver who was complaining to the workers still at the remnants of the party that they were disturbing his sleep...he made the mistake of actually saying that to them.....really went over well......not!

Nice! I'm guessing he got more than his fair share of blue flags the next day... only not in the way he was hoping? :023:

dave parker
01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I am a regular poster on the prod car forum since I have two production cars.
I asked Mr Stautberg to elaborate on his post right after he made it, with no response.
Someone else posted an explanation of what occured, and it sounded like there was some "boneheadedness". Hopefully the responsible boneheads learned something or got to visit with the stewards after the race.

I also wonder if Mr. Stautberg realizes that when you complain about other drivers with no explanation of what happened in your first post ever to the forum it carries zero credibility.

The prod car forum is a very interesting place, especially in the silly season. As a guy who started in IT and has moved to production both groups have their pluses and minuses. However, I think that we all need to remember that we are members of the same club and must treat each other with respect and civility.

cheers
dave parker

seckerich
01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Come on Dave, it is winter and we don't have any real interesting topics to bitch about right now. Put a log on the fire and let the insults rip!! Prod drivers suck---OOOPS, I have a prod car too. :D

JeffYoung
01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Regional Prod guys in the SEDiv --- good folks.

TomL
01-19-2010, 03:49 PM
If anyone thinks folks here are contentious, you should see them on the prod forums. My best example was once when I asked a very specific question related to how the prod suspension rules applied to strut suspensions. When I got back to it after the weekend, I found I have 56 responses, so I figured I'd have my answer. Instead what got were several snotty replies telling me to read the GCR or PCS (as if I could have even asked the question without doing so - and I cited the section!), a couple sneering at my lack of understanding and experience (only 30 years racing, after all), and about 50 arguing and bitching about some unrelated topic. I got three responses that actually tried to address my question.

Made me question whether I wanted to race with such a crew. I subsequently did try it and they weren't that bad (but then I never really threatened to beat them, so maybe that's what saved me :D.)

Ron Earp
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Pretty funny. I like being a low life IT driver. Incidentally I like some of the Prod drivers I've met in the paddock too. Now that IT is about like Prod was 30 years ago I wonder if those guys would just come on back over to IT and pretend like it is 1974 again? Wait, I do that every race weekend with my 40 year old IT car......

JeffYoung
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Seriously. I can't wait until "adjust the star wheel on teh drum brakes" falls out of the lexicon.

dj10
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule. ;)

TomL
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
If anyone thinks folks here are contentious, you should see them on the prod forums. My best example was once when I asked a very specific question related to how the prod suspension rules applied to strut suspensions. When I got back to it after the weekend, I found I have 56 responses, so I figured I'd have my answer. Instead what got were several snotty replies telling me to read the GCR or PCS (as if I could have even asked the question without doing so - and I cited the section!), a couple sneering at my lack of understanding and experience (only 30 years racing, after all), and about 50 arguing and bitching about some unrelated topic. I got three responses that actually tried to address my question.

Made me question whether I wanted to race with such a crew. I subsequently did try it and they weren't that bad (but then I never really threatened to beat them, so maybe that's what saved me :D.)

dave parker
01-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Come on Dave, it is winter and we don't have any real interesting topics to bitch about right now. Put a log on the fire and let the insults rip!! Prod drivers suck---OOOPS, I have a prod car too. :D

Steve
Thanks for knocking me back into reality. :happy204:
What the hell was I thinking.

Somebody please flame away.

cheers
dave parker

JLawton
01-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Yeah, but I have to humbly admit it's no worse than some of the discussions we've had about the SM drivers.

It's plain and simple. No one likes running with other groups.

gran racing
01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
What, us complain about Miatas?

I did get a chuckle out of this!! LOL
Sorry for the Matt Weisburg-like posts, everybody.

Andy Bettencourt
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
It's not about cars, its about drivers. When another driver messes up our race, we get mad. Human nature.

tom_sprecher
01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
It's plain and simple. No one likes running with other groups.

To be honest I really don't have a problem with other groups, but then again I have never run with a bunch of SM's either. It was REAL interesting during a test day at Road Atlanta last year with me in the IT7 and the guys running the Trans Am series running together. I found out they were not that much faster in the turns, but once they reached a straight, fugetaboutit.

One thing about that thread is I now know where Matt Weisberg went. :)

Gregg
01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Well that explains why my vid has had so many hits over the past three days. I guess using the "but I had no rear brake material left" excuse isn't going to cut it....:shrug:

RedMisted
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Not to resurrect this thread or start up any fights, but wow, I never knew that Prod racers were afraid of us hard-chargin' knuckle-draggin' backy-spewin' girl-chasin' beer swillin' IT drivers. Now I know why there's been this divide in the paddock between IT and Prod.

Guess that means if I ever race against Prod cars, I know to psychologically intimidate them in the corners! (Just joking!) Oh wait, they'll already be on their guard when they see me coming....:D

924Guy
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
...I never knew that Prod racers were afraid of us hard-chargin' girl-chasin' beer swillin' IT drivers. <snip>

Guilty as charged!!! :happy204:

StephF
01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Not to resurrect this thread or start up any fights, but wow, I never knew that Prod racers were afraid of us hard-chargin' knuckle-draggin' backy-spewin' girl-chasin' beer swillin' IT drivers. Now I know why there's been this divide in the paddock between IT and Prod.

Guess that means if I ever race against Prod cars, I know to psychologically intimidate them in the corners! (Just joking!) Oh wait, they'll already be on their guard when they see me coming....:D

Girl chasin'? Girl chasin'?
Dude, speak for yourself.
Blech.

pballance
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Ya' know it may be that he is a "girl chasin" driver.......as in trying to catch StephF who is on track, leading the race, in front of him.........

Just sayin' :happy204:

RedMisted
01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Girl chasin'? Girl chasin'?
Dude, speak for yourself.
Blech.

Sorry about that Steph, but you know who most of us are! I'll try to be more gender-sensitive next time...

StephF
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Ya' know it may be that he is a "girl chasin" driver.......as in trying to catch StephF who is on track, leading the race, in front of him.........

Just sayin' :happy204:

Heh heh heh......that's a great sentiment, but I can't peddle the C car fast enough to stay ahead of a properly running R car......hmmmm...."properly running"....:rolleyes: