PDA

View Full Version : SITE CHANGES - What's Going On Now?

joeg
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Why has the site changed today?

JoshS
01-14-2010, 07:36 PM
It seems to be unable to load most images. I see avatars and some of the smilies, but none of the other tiny images that should be all over the page. Been going on a couple of days now.

Greg Amy
01-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Just saw this on the forum main page:

"The site is currently experiencing problems resulting from a change made by the hosting company (we think). The site appears to be functioning properly but some of the images are not displaying. We are aware of the reason and are in contact with the hosting company to have it resolved. Thx - Webmaster"

webmaster
01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
OK found out that the site had been moved due to heavy traffic on one of the other shared hosts. The images broke because the skin was applied before this went live with a domain name...the skin picked up the IP when it was rolled out to test. I'll need to re-apply the skin (style) to fix it. So it may get ugly for a bit :)

Andy Bettencourt
01-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Looks great now.

webmaster
01-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Yah maybe I'll just redo the site this weekend using this default template.
It is easier to read.

:024:

ITC69
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey!!! don't mess with the font size, can actually read without my glasses:happy204:

webmaster
01-16-2010, 04:52 PM
There will be three site STYLES available going forward. You may select one bu using the drop down menu found in the lower left of any page.

IT Chromium Blue: The same one we've been using for years. Tiny fonts, crisp lines, good for low res monitors or those who like to cram as much on screen as possible.

IT Black: The new LARGE FONT style for the old and treacherous amongst us!

IT vB Default: The original "out of the box" vB Style that some may prefer.

Will be making changes to the layout of the site which will affect all 3 of these over the next few days. Please be patient with the construction.
:024:

JLawton
01-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Arrrrrggghhhhh!!! The filter at work now stops access to the site becasue now it's listed as a "vehicle" site. For some reason the previous site wasn't a problem.......... What the hell am I going to do at work all day long now?? :(

webmaster
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
"Previous Site"?
hmmmm...Nothing has really changed other than adding a new style for larger text which should have nothing to do with your company's web filter.

I'd say it was just coincidence.

Try a proxy or use RDP or similar to log into you home PC to surf. :024:

lateapex911
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Arrrrrggghhhhh!!! The filter at work now stops access to the site becasue now it's listed as a "vehicle" site. For some reason the previous site wasn't a problem.......... What the hell am I going to do at work all day long now?? :(

[/quote] uh...work? ;) Nah, who would do that?!

"Previous Site"?
hmmmm...Nothing has really changed other than adding a new style for larger text which should have nothing to do with your company's web filter.

I'd say it was just coincidence.

Try a proxy or use RDP or similar to log into you home PC to surf. :024:

What Jeff heard in his head when he read that line: "Try a enthiinat or fertrsyuli or similar to log in to your juskjilv dertyplr to surf."

Translation: 'Huh?" ;)

spnkzss
02-04-2010, 09:04 AM

Didn't they say they added google power to IT.com? If they did then that is what your filter at work is basing it off of. Google says it's auto. :shrug:

webmaster
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
No, what we said was that nothing was changed other than the skin (colors and fonts). 99.999% of the site is unchanged from last year.

The Google search is a new feature and required nothing to be installed. It simply adds a new way to search if you go out of your way to do so. It has nothing to do with the site itself.