PDA

View Full Version : No Ecr's At Road Atlanta

ITC69
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I just looked up the updated SEDIV Schedule for 2010 and discovered that Atlanta Region has cancelled all of it's scheduled ECR's for the 2010 season . Anybody know what's going on?:shrug:

John E. Fine
ITC 69
2009 ITC ECR CHAMPION

iambhooper
01-11-2010, 12:44 AM
interesting! i had been thinking of working a trip to the ATL this year. maybe a double SARRC then?

hoop

Butch Kummer
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Anybody know what's going on?

As a matter of fact, I DO know what's going on:

Traditionally we had ECR's with our two single SARRC weekends (February and July). Track construction cancelled our 2007 & 2008 February weekends, which got people out of the "habit" of running that event. That plus the iffy weather and competition from CFR (Sebring) and NASA (VIR) killed attendance this past year (the event was already our least subscribed as well), so we've chosen to no longer run Road Atlanta that weekend. We changed the July weekend to a Double SARRC, which means (by SARRC rules) we cannot add an ECR to that schedule. For 2009 we added an ECR to our second National weekend and had only 35 cars sign up for a 2 hour, 15 minute race.

For 2010 we decided the extra time on Saturday of the May National weekend would be better utilized by hosting Track Trials sessions instead of an ECR. The new format of the Track Trials program allows passing in designated areas and there's a great deal of enthusiasm among the Track Trials community in returning to Road Atlanta, plus we're hoping some of the National drivers will sign up for extra track time and/or reward crew members by letting them drive those sessions.

Although it is not part of the ECR series, we will continue to run the Three Hour on Sunday of the ARRC by GRM weekend.

The Atlanta Region race weekends in 2010:

. Mar 20-21 - Road Atlanta - National/Pro-IT/PDX (perhaps a Double Pro-IT)
. May 22-23 - Road Atlanta - National/Pro-IT/PDX/TrackTrials (TT is Saturday only)
. Jul 17-18 - Road Atlanta - Double SARRC/Pro-IT/PDX
. Sep 4-5 - Barber - Double SARRC/Pro-IT
. Nov 5-7 - Road Atlanta - ARRC by GRM/Pro-IT/PDX/Three Hour