PDA

View Full Version : ITB in 2010? THE BIGGER THE FIELDS THE BETTER!

StephenB
01-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I know that most ITB racers are not active posters online but some of them lurk here so I figured I would ask everyone here to reach out to fellow ITB racers and ask them what races they plan to do this year? I am planning on deciding my schedule and putting in all my vacation at work by the end of January, this year I would like to follow the crowd and race with larger fields. I don't plan on running any of the Pro-it races and I am leaning towards the NARRC series for 2010, then if Palmer opens for 2011 possibly just the NERRC series that year.

So what is everyone else planning to do? I think the ITB group here in the northeast is great and if we all get together we could have some huge fields and a ton of fun RACING!

THE BIGGER THE FIELDS THE BETTER!
Stephen

quadzjr
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
running here in the SE, when I can re-cccop from the multiple vacations and x-mas of recent.:( Maybe others in the NE are in teh same boat as I?

richard gleason
01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi Stephen ; my list includes : PRO-IT LRP 5/15 - LRP NER 6/19 - The Glen 7/24 NERRC/NARRC/PRO-IT - NARRC-offs LRP 10/02 - and one or two Enduros (if someone offers me a ride!!)Stop laughing , it has happened before. ps do not tell my tow rig about the Glen!

joeg
01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Venture out to Nelson and have some genuine fun!

gran racing
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
IF I can afford to get my motor repaired for the upcoming season, my top event will be the Summit Point Labor Day race weekend. Would like to do at least one Glen event as well.

StephF
01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Going to try like hell to get the B car up and running this year. I really want to get out on track with more folks. :eclipsee_steering:
We'll have to see what the next couple of months brings.

73itb
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Stephen ; my list includes : PRO-IT LRP 5/15 - LRP NER 6/19 - The Glen 7/24 NERRC/NARRC/PRO-IT - NARRC-offs LRP 10/02 - and one or two Enduros (if someone offers me a ride!!)Stop laughing , it has happened before. ps do not tell my tow rig about the Glen!

Same schedule as this...
Matt Bmw 2002

kjh6576
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I like the way you think Stephen. If last year was any indication, it would appear the NARRC had the best B numbers. Though ProIT was'nt a big draw for B cars, it sure was one hell of a barn burner.
I 'm not sure how many races I'll be able to attend. Due to veriable economic circumstances. LOL
My goal this season is to attend the races with the best fields.
Most likely will atleast attend the Limerock events.
If I remember correctly, I think I siad the same thing last year and ended up doing a whole bunch of events anyways . Look forward to seeing all you this spring.
Ken

Knestis
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
We talked at the end of last season about Cameron and the Golf coming to WG for a race. There's another NC guy who'd really like to do one, too.

Otherwise, the priority is always looking for codrivers for the enduros, then plugging in some regionals where they fit.

K

RHallRacing
01-07-2010, 10:52 PM
We should have our golf ready by mid April at the latest. We're hoping to do NHMS, LRP, Summit and maybe some Pro-IT. Looking forward to a fun year. :026: An enduro would be fun....

StephenB
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
The NARRC schedule as posted shows pocono being canceled making the NARRC Series a 5 weekend series! On that list was the 6/19 LRP race, the 7/24-25 double at the glen, and the NARRC Runoofs on 10/02 that several said they wanted to go to.
(NARRC also includes NHMS on 07/10-11 and NJMS double on 8/21-22)

I think we should all pass the word around and make the LRP NARRC race on 6/19 and the glen double on 7/24-25 kinda a reunion of sorts and see how many ITB cars we can get to come out! I know that if we spread the word we could easily get 25+ cars to show up! Personally I would love to race against more,more,and more cars in my class!

Ken. .... I agree last year was fun but with the low participation rate in the Pro-it and the fact that I can't afford to double dip (which is the intent of the series) I have made the decision not to run any Pro-it this year: (

Stephen

Ps: I wish that the 12 hrs of Nelson was not the same weekend as the NARRC at NJMS... and the moonshine race at summit is the same weekend as NHMSNHMS

Dave Zaslow
01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
It will be my pleasure to see you all at the track again this season. I intend to do the 6/19 LRP, the Glen 7/24-25 double, the NJMP 8/21-22 double, and the NARRC-offs.

It would be great to pick an event and get a buttload of B cars out. I always like the Glen double.

If we can get Kirk K to attend from his new northern nest and Beran to come west we could have 5 or 6 A3 Golfs :o.

DZ

PS - Holy Crap! Richard Gleason is on the internet :D.

TimM ITB
01-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey folks;

I couldn't agree more that getting bigger fields in specific races is a top priority for me for 2010. My tentative schedule includes:

Sat/Sun April 9-10 Loudon, NH
PRO IT (with SCCA National)

OR

Fri/Sat May 14 – 15 Lime Rock, CT

Sat/Sun May 1 -2 Loudon, NH
Double NERRC

Sat/Sun June 26 - 27 Summit Point, WV
Single Regional NARRC + PRO IT

Sat/Sun July 24 - 25 Watkins Glen, NY
Double NARRC + PRO IT

Fri/Sat/Sun Aug 13,14,15 NJMP – Millville, NJ (Thunderbolt with ARCA)
PRO IT – (Double)

Sat/Sun Sept 11 – 12 Loudon, NH (Cheap Date)
Double Regional

Fri/Sat/ Oct 1 – 2 Lime Rock, CT
NARRC Runoffs

the only races that are "written in stone" as far as I'm concerned are the WGI races / NARRC runoffs, and the Cheap Date.

see you all soon!

Tim M

chewy8000
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Im really looking forward to running with you Northerners at New Jersey again. Some good clean racing!!!!!

lateapex911
01-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Ps: I wish that the 12 hrs of Nelson was not the same weekend as the NARRC at NJMS... and the moonshine race at summit is the same weekend as NHMSNHMS

Summit is 5 times the track NHMS is...

RacerBill
01-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey folks;

I couldn't agree more that getting bigger fields in specific races is a top priority for me for 2010. My tentative schedule includes:

OR

Double NERRC

Double NARRC + PRO IT

PRO IT – (Double)

Double Regional

NARRC Runoffs

the only races that are "written in stone" as far as I'm concerned are the WGI races / NARRC runoffs, and the Cheap Date.

see you all soon!

Tim M

Tim: Not going to try the IT Spectacular this year? I'm running ITB now and have a new engine for 2010!

JLawton
01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey folks;

OR

Double NERRC

Double NARRC + PRO IT

PRO IT – (Double)

Double Regional

NARRC Runoffs

see you all soon!

Tim M

Tim, I don't know if I'm missing something or your missing something but I don't think the Summit race is a NARRC race.

ner88
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Summit is 5 times the track NHMS is...
To you anyway!
Considering travel time, not high on my list of tracks to attend, even if it's run by a bunch of MIata guys!:eek:

Beran
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Well - I am going to try and do more races this year than last. Probably NHMS, Lime Rock, NJ and then one or two further away from the Boston area.
I have a schedule conflict with the WG double.
Probably close to what Tim has for a schedule.
We might debut a new 2000 ITB VW Golf this year... we will see :-)
Beran

Terry Hanushek
01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Jeff

Tim, I don't know if I'm missing something or your missing something but I don't think the Summit race is a NARRC race.

The race at Summit is a MARRS race (not NARRC)

Terry

TimM ITB
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
OOPS - didn't mean NARRC! stupid copy and paste!

NATW
01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I am planning on the usual NARRC, NERRC schedule too. It will be good to get as many as possible at each event. Last year Lime Rock events were well attended but NHMS attendance was pretty sparse. See you in the spring.

Nat Wentworth
Volvo 142

RSTPerformance
01-22-2010, 01:26 AM
I would like to do a couple of the Pro-IT races and a couple NARRC races... will probably end up running wherever rain is expected and when the fields are big! The Glenn race looks like a must and the Runoffs at Lime Rock. WOuld love to go to Summit, but not sure the tow is in the budget.,

Raymond "weddings are expensive" Blethen

JLawton
01-22-2010, 07:54 AM
"weddings are expensive"

in more ways than one..................

gran racing
01-22-2010, 08:43 AM
LOL Jeff!!!!

Ed Funk
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
in more ways than one..................

Especially if you've had more than one (or two):(