PDA

View Full Version : rx7 2nd Gen...brakes?

gpeluso
12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Just wondering what people are using these days...... I run Blues (hawk) on my 99 miata but on heavy braking tracks like Beaverun I use HT10's but need Blues for Midohio.. I tried the HT10's at Midohio but had poor braking ... I think that is because the little braking and low temps in the pads however at Beaverun I can brake later. When I had a 325 BMW(1993) I started with Blues and then went to HT10's and then DCT 60's on all 4 corners.

The RX7 I bought had Blue's on it already. I drove it for (2) 15 minute sessions at Summit Point and the pedal seems long compared to what I am used to.... I putted around the track since I did not want to end the year on a bad note...since I was already leaking coolant I wanted to atleast bring the car home in one piece.

Back to my question.... what are people using now...not 5 years ago.... or has nothing better come along.

Thanks
Greg

lawtonglenn
12-28-2009, 01:45 AM
we run Blues up front, Blacks in the back on both the 14 car and the 82 car

C. Ludwig
12-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Blue/Blue or Blue/Black. The long pedal is a fluid problem, not a pad problem.

Weaver7
12-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Yep sounds like a fluid problem we were having this same problem come to find out we weren't bleeding the rears properly. If you search the board I believe this topic has been covered and gives you the correct procedure.

lawtonglenn
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
and make sure your new RX7 has stainless braided brake lines...it is important

xr4racer
12-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Greg, each rear caliper has 2 bleeders, make sure your master cylinder is newer if not replace it. I used blue/black and then HT10/blue

matt

RedMisted
12-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Greg, each rear caliper has 2 bleeders, make sure your master cylinder is newer if not replace it. I used blue/black and then HT10/blue

matt

Matt, you don't even have any brake cooling apparatus! You claim that your car is so light the pedal never fades no matter how hard you slam those binders!

Just a heavy-assed Mustang guy with tea saucers for rotors envying the brakes that you RX7 guys get to use...:) Wish I had your brake problems instead.