View Full Version : 2010 GLD Schedule

RacerBill
12-22-2009, 12:55 AM
2010 GLD Schedule

2 Schools (NL & BMP)
2 single regionals
4 restricted regionals
6 double regionals

at 5 different tracks (MO, NL, BMP, GRA, and GM)

New for 2010, all regionals, including restricted regionals are good for GLD Champ Series.

Schedule is posted on GLD website.

Racerlinn
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/system/files/2010++GL+Schedule.pdf

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Racerlinn/2010GLDIV.jpg

boywonder
12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Maybe not the correct place to ask this but...is it possible/allowed for a driver to attend an SCCA drivers school after already completing their school requirements?

I completed my school requirements last year at the NL double school and raced all season on my novice permit. I have way more races completed than actually needed for my full license but I'd like to attend the NL double school again in '10.

I could spend $350 and get maybe 45 minutes during a race weekend...or spend $500 and get six hours of track time at the school.

I still have lots to learn and I could really use that kind of seat time, especially now that I kinda have a clue as to some of the things I need to work on. :unsure:

jumbojimbo
12-22-2009, 01:10 PM
...I have way more spins completed than actually needed for my full license...

I know Frenchy did this the year I took school. He had been racing a year and took a second school. I think he got an "exemption" from the chief steward. If you still have your novice license you might not even need that. I'm thinking if you have $500 and the desire to attend they'd be wrong to say no.

There is a slight risk, if you crash as school you might have some splaining to do...

jim

Eagle7
12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe not the correct place to ask this but...is it possible/allowed for a driver to attend an SCCA drivers school after already completing their school requirements?
I did that my second year for the same reasons you listed and highly recommend it. Check with the event chair or chief steward. They probably wouldn't let you if they're full, but will welcome you with open arms if they're not.

joeg
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Marty is correct.

If it is not an over-subscribed school, you (and your money) will be welcome.

Ryan...you do not need more schooling. If it is track time you seek...for sure... but remember that you may have a bunch of rank novices to avoid on the track.

boywonder
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Jim: I just saw what you did there...nice.
Beware, I still owe you from the bumper sticker escapade.

jumbojimbo
12-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought you'd like that. You know, another option is the Nelson fun days they run on Fridays. That would be more track time than you can use and cheap.

R2 Racing
12-25-2009, 12:17 PM
So should we start taking bets on if any of the Bluegrass events actually end up happening or not?

jumbojimbo
12-25-2009, 07:15 PM
If you are taking bets, I want some of that action.

jay05
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Jim: Did you post on X-mas day? I thought the site was shutdown on national holidays.

Ryan: We should just have a Compound Day the Friday before the MVR event. This way you can use all that kanowledge for the race weekend. In know I'll need it to allow my kahonas to grow before I turn the wheel in competition. Just don't bend it up on Friday. You may not get the traction you need to straighten your whip in the paddock at NL like at MO.

ITA_honda
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM

I completed my school requirements last year at the NL double school and raced all season on my novice permit. I have way more races completed than actually needed for my full license but I'd like to attend the NL double school again in '10.

I could spend $350 and get maybe 45 minutes during a race weekend...or spend $500 and get six hours of track time at the school.

I still have lots to learn and I could really use that kind of seat time, especially now that I kinda have a clue as to some of the things I need to work on. :unsure:

Maybe I could even be your driver school instructor. You would make my job easy. :D
Honda drivers stick together. :eclipsee_steering:

EBSNASCAR
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Also note that Waterford Hills is having a driver's school that is SCCA certified on May 1st and 2nd. Information can be found here.

http://www.waterfordhills.com/cms/page.php?7

tom91ita
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
i did a driver's school at waterford after a few years off and enjoyed the course.

it was good track time and great folks.

jumbojimbo
02-09-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.tehsandbox.com/showthread.php?t=27681

"Per the Exec. Steward for the Great Lakes Division SCCA. The Indy Dbl. Regional at Bluegrass May 1st-2nd has been canceled. The dates for August and October are still on the calendar."

Not a surprise, but unfortunate. Let's blame the snow and hold out some hope.