PDA

View Full Version : bumper mods

itsrx7inAK
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm getting ready to paint our ITS '86 RX7, and just took the front and rear bumper covers off and hey! I got the idea of saving a bunch of weight by taking the actual steel bumper off. I looked at the SCCa ITS rules and it doesn't say that it has to remain on the car as far as I can see. I am sure that some one here has asked the same question or tried to do the same, so does anyone know if it's legal?

Thanks, MATT

Andy Bettencourt
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm getting ready to paint our ITS '86 RX7, and just took the front and rear bumper covers off and hey! I got the idea of saving a bunch of weight by taking the actual steel bumper off. I looked at the SCCa ITS rules and it doesn't say that it has to remain on the car as far as I can see. I am sure that some one here has asked the same question or tried to do the same, so does anyone know if it's legal?

Thanks, MATT

Actually, what you wanted to write was this: 'I looked at the SCCa ITS rules and it doesn't say that I can remove it as far as I can see.'

If it doesn't say you can, then you can't. It's one of the first premises of the ITCS.

gran racing
12-21-2009, 09:18 AM
What Andy said and it's gonna suck the after your first impact recognizing that that little weight could have helped kept your car not be so crinckled.

itsrx7inAK
12-21-2009, 03:42 PM
enough said. thanks guys.