PDA

View Full Version : Tires for Tow Vehicle

mr. black
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I have an '06 F150 Lariat that is my partial daily and tow vehicle for an enclosed trailer. I read either in Grassroots or Sportscar about buying tires for your truck that have a longer lifespan and work load capability. I can't find the article and I need to get new tires before winter completely sets in. Any advice?:shrug:

tom_sprecher
12-15-2009, 01:54 PM
BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A - The last set lasted 102k miles on my 4x4 F-250 Super Duty.

Or try here.

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=24515&highlight=truck+tires

mr. black
12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks!!

Streetwise guy
12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
One thing you want to watch for sure is that you are buying LT (light truck) as opposed to P (passenger) tires. There are also reinforced light truck tires. Go talk to an educated tire guy that sells an array of tire brands and read stuff on tirerack.com.

Any snow to concern yourself with? If not, selection is much simpler, because all you need is enough tread for rain.

jlucas
12-18-2009, 06:47 PM
E load rating, like what comes on 3/4 ton stuff, seems to last forever. Michelin LTX is what I picked after investigating it this past spring.

mr. black
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm in the NE/Mid Atlantic area so there is a little snow. Right now I'm looking at General Grabber HTS, Toyo Open Country H/T, or Firestone Transforce HT as my top three. Then Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, Kuhmo Road Venture APT KL51, or BFG Commercial TA. I'm trying to financially get through Xmas while I do my research. Looking for a balance of performance, life, and cost as this is general criteria associated with most things in life.