PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Civic Coupe EX

Fastfred92
11-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Has this car been looked at by the board? A light ITA car I assume.... or is it a tweener? 127hp stock 2475lbs rear drums, not sure about suspension etc. ?

R2 Racing
11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Not classified, but I imagine if it was, it would be similar to the earlier EX's right around 2350lbs in ITA.

lateapex911
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Seriously?? There is a Honda that we haven't classified!? Umpossible!

EP3CivicSi
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry not to thread jack but a modern honda question might get answered and I don't want to start a new thread just yet.

what IT is the 2002-2005 Civic Si classified in?

I'm a total noob, but from reading the GCR my car is not far from IT prep as it sits right now, but I am just starting of thinking of going to drivers school. (3 years of track days with this car so far)

I'm guessing ITS?

lateapex911
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
it actually appears that yet another Honda hasn't been classified....hmmm, I'll have to check notes and fastracks, but it looks like it needs to go in. The ITCS limits cars to 5 yrs old and up, so, the last year of the model run would, make it into the 2010 book, I think.

What's stock power?

The way to get it classified is to call Kevin or John in the technical department at SCCA HQ in Kansas and ask that they get you a VTS sheet, which you can fill in. Double check with them to see if they already have one on file for Showroom Stock. If so, you will then only need to write the CRB and request the car be added. If you need to fill out a VTS, be sure to ask the guys what you can leave off for an IT car. Once that form is filled out, write:
[email protected] (http://72.167.111.130/forums/[email protected])
and ask that it be classed. Along with theVTS, iInclude pertinent data like: Stock hp and tq at rpm values, and what the minimum achievable weight (without cage) is in your estimation. That info helps us figure out where it's the best fit.

JoshS
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
The way to get it classified is to call Kevin or John in the technical department at SCCA HQ in Kansas and ask that they get you a VTS sheet, which you can fill in.

A link to the VTS sheet is on the "Cars & Rules" section of the SCCA Club Racing site: http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=44

R2 Racing
11-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Once that form is filled out, write:
[email protected] (http://72.167.111.130/forums/[email protected])
and ask that it be classed.
Apparently the CRB is no longer using that email address. They're now using www.crbscca.com, where there is an online form that is filled out and submitted, and even a tracking system so you can see exactly where your request is clogged up in the tubes of SCCA rules making.

lateapex911
11-25-2009, 01:34 AM
That's cool, I just found out that that system exists. I assure you, there are no requests stuck in any of the SCCA tubes that run thru my house!

EP3CivicSi
12-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I did not realize how cars got placed in IT. Interesting becaue the 2002-04 Acura RSX is already classed so I assumed the car with the same platform would be classed. Anyway here are the factory specs, and I will post the same on the propsal.

02-05 Civic Si
160hp @ 6500rpm
132 lb-ft @ 5000rpm
Curb Weight : 2744 lbs
Suspension
Front : MacPherson Strut
Rear : Double wishbone with semi-trailing lower control arm and lateral upper control arm
Weight savings could make the car around 2300lbs.