PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity

RacerBill
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
In the general interest of the members of the forum - there is an opportunity to win a complete Race-Keeper data/video acquisition system. Navigate to the home page at www.Race-Keeper.com (http://www.Race-Keeper.com) and click on the 'About Us' tab, then the 'Enter to Win!' tab. The drawing will take place on 12/31/09, so don't delay.

Simon T.
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Entered. :) Thanks for posting it.

lateapex911
11-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Simon! Where've you been? ;)
I checked out your site, very nice. You were at the ARRCs? I didn't get to meet you. Where you working or just hanging?

I see you're thinking about ITO for your E30. What engine is in it? ITO is a pretty wide open rules class IIRC, which means big $$ to get the car to the front.

(just sayin'!)
(and remember, I think I promised you $50 when you get a logbook for your ITC, B, A, S or R car...)

RacerBill
12-27-2010, 10:39 PM
OK, end of the calendar year is upon us, right in the middle of withdrawals (from racing). It's that time of the year again, and 12/31/2010 is the deadline to register again for a Race-Keeper data/video system. Navigate to the website - www.Race-Keeper.com (http://www.Race-Keeper.com) - and click on the 'About' tab, then the 'Enter to Win' tab. Registration is free, and if you purchased a system this year, you have a choice of a second system or a refund if you win!

Check out some of the videos while you're on the site!

Simon T.
12-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Simon! Where've you been? ;)
I checked out your site, very nice. You were at the ARRCs? I didn't get to meet you. Where you working or just hanging?

I see you're thinking about ITO for your E30. What engine is in it? ITO is a pretty wide open rules class IIRC, which means big $$ to get the car to the front.

(just sayin'!)
(and remember, I think I promised you $50 when you get a logbook for your ITC, B, A, S or R car...)

I'm over a year late to reply! haha Sorry I completely missed this. The E30 is gone and I bought an already built race car, I will finally be on track next season it needs a few small updates and it's good to go! :023:

OK, end of the calendar year is upon us, right in the middle of withdrawals (from racing). It's that time of the year again, and 12/31/2010 is the deadline to register again for a Race-Keeper data/video system. Navigate to the website - www.Race-Keeper.com (http://www.Race-Keeper.com) - and click on the 'About' tab, then the 'Enter to Win' tab. Registration is free, and if you purchased a system this year, you have a choice of a second system or a refund if you win!

Check out some of the videos while you're on the site!

Entered! Fingers crossed! :)

RacerBill
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Breaking news!!!!!! The 2010 Race-Keeper system give-a-way deadline has been extended until 3/31/2011

You still have a chance to enter to win!

While you are there, download the Comparo analysis software and a couple of the sample sessions and get a feel for what the software can show you!

jumbojimbo
05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
That reminds me, did someone actually win this?

RacerBill
06-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Actually, the drawing was pushed out again until Dec 31, 2011. Check the website for updates. Race-Keeper is now sponsoring the GRM Video of the month. Look up Race-Keeper on Facebook for details.

StephenB
06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
It sounds like they just keep pushing it back until the unit becomes obsolete and I want to just dump it...

Stephen.

rthiele
06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Seriously?! That is ridiculous. I'd stay away from a company with empty promises - cheap and not professional.

mrjones2
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
They probably need to farm more email addresses...:shrug:

mbuskuhl
06-02-2011, 07:50 PM
They probably need to farm more email addresses...:shrug:

Bingo

RacerBill
06-03-2011, 01:04 AM
@ Mark Have you entered yet?

RacerBill
06-03-2011, 01:05 AM
@ Ken Have you entered yet?

bvondran
12-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Actually, the drawing was pushed out again until Dec 31, 2011. Check the website for updates. Race-Keeper is now sponsoring the GRM Video of the month. Look up Race-Keeper on Facebook for details.

Will there be an actual drawing this year? Or will it get pushed to December 31, 2012?

Brian

mbuskuhl
12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
@ Mark Have you entered yet?

Checked my email and I have entry confirmation from 12/28/10.

jumbojimbo
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
This promise has been out there since Nov 2009.

The only reason I haven't ripped Bill a new one yet is because Bill is the nicest guy in the world and I have a lot of respect for him. And I didn't want to ruin my chances of winning. :)

If this doesn't end on 12/31/2011 with the announcement of a believable winner I will be extremely unhappy. This blew past reasonable with no brakes a full year ago.

RacerBill
12-29-2011, 12:16 PM
This promise has been out there since Nov 2009.

The only reason I haven't ripped Bill a new one yet is because Bill is the nicest guy in the world and I have a lot of respect for him. And I didn't want to ruin my chances of winning. :)

If this doesn't end on 12/31/2011 with the announcement of a believable winner I will be extremely unhappy. This blew past reasonable with no brakes a full year ago.

Jim: I emailed the home office and they confirmed with me that the drawing WILL be held this year. I don't know if they realize the negative feelings that they have generated my missing two drawing dates. Thanks for your patience.

StephenB
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
The contest actually began in 2008...

Submitted by trivinci on Fri, 12/12/2008 - 22:21. Click here to see the Race-Keeper system up for grabs! Contest ends midnight ET USA on December 31, 2011.

RacerBill
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
The contest actually began in 2008...

Submitted by trivinci on Fri, 12/12/2008 - 22:21. Click here to see the Race-Keeper system up for grabs! Contest ends midnight ET USA on December 31, 2011.

They actually gave away systems in 2008 and 2009.

downingracing
01-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Jim: I emailed the home office and they confirmed with me that the drawing WILL be held this year. I don't know if they realize the negative feelings that they have generated my missing two drawing dates. Thanks for your patience.

No update on their website or Facebook page... I'm sure many folks are expecting to see their name listed as the winner. :D Longest contest in history.

downingracing
01-02-2012, 09:41 PM
No update on their website or Facebook page... I'm sure many folks are expecting to see their name listed as the winner. :D Longest contest in history.

Still no update... :blink:

jumbojimbo
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM
but now see this system in 2012 i hope its will be in working and helpfull

Ha ha, now the contest is even attracting spam. Sheesh, even google translate can do better than that.

RacerBill
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I have been told that the winner will be announced on Friday! Stand by!

Eagle7
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone I hope all of you will be fine,
My name is kade I m working in printingray company we will provide printing services related about publishing and printing about new event and any new one vehicles which new came in market and its show its qualities or updates and its publishing, I hope all of you take benefit from our services because our services provide many facilities from printing and advertising specification and those are different from other.

I'm sure your advertising services will present the customer's products in the best possible way, considering your very effective adverstisment here. Sheesh! :blink:

erlrich
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm sure your advertising services will present the customer's products in the best possible way, considering your very effective adverstisment here. Sheesh! :blink:

Sorry he was allowed to survive a whole day here...the mods must all be on vacation :D

RacerBill
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
A new contest date has been posted, but I have not heard who the winner was. Maybe waiting until the winner is contacted.

jumbojimbo
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
A new contest date has been posted, but I have not heard who the winner was. Maybe waiting until the winner is contacted.

They probably called me at home.

RacerBill
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
They probably called me at home.

Hope so, Jim! Glad I don't have to pick the name, though. I know so many friends who deserve a system!

downingracing
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM

I hope that is it... Looks exactly like years past when the date for the contest changed, but no winner was selected...

No call on my home line or cell. Maybe they are waiting until next week to call?? :D

downingracing
01-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Still waiting on that announcement...................................... .......................

seckerich
01-10-2012, 12:13 AM
If it changes again I would suggest a call to your states attorney general. :023:

RacerBill
01-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Steve emailed me today saying that the winner would be announced this week.

downingracing
01-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Steve emailed me today saying that the winner would be announced this week.

I hope so - since last week the update was: "I have been told that the winner will be announced on Friday! Stand by!" :(

jumbojimbo
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I heard it would be delivered at the Bluegrass Motorsports Park race. :)

This company promised a sweepstakes in exchange for our email address and then delayed several times for over two years.

And now we got yet another "swear to god we're doing the drawing" promise 10 days ago. And now we have yet another promise of an announcement.

I don't think anyone here expects to actually hear a winner announced this week.

Bill, I know you're just he messenger, and nobody here blames you. But I know you know this is killing any chance you have of a sale to anyone here.

Hell, at this point they'll have to give every one of us a unit if they don't expect us to badmouth the company if anyone ever asks us about it.

boywonder
01-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Bill, I know you're just the messenger, and nobody here blames you. But I know you know this is killing any chance you have of a sale to anyone here.
Hell, at this point they'll have to give every one of us a unit if they don't expect us to badmouth the company if anyone ever asks us about it.

Quoted for truth.

Bill has been awesome and allowed us to use his RK demo system in our rally car twice, including our win at Rally Mexico last year. I love the Race Keeper system; it has always performed flawlessly, the cams are adequate, and the data is easy to read. However, due to the company's ever present shenanigans (this yearly non-existant giveaway and the consistant non-delivery of promised features) I will never purchase a Race Keeper for either of our cars...just on principle.

:dead_horse:

The question that begs to be asked...what's the best data acquisition system (incl. customer service) on the market now?

boywonder
01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
A slight tangent but still related to the topic at hand; a prime example of why Amazon is at the top of the food chain and why Race Keeper will never become the company they could be (provided they continue their current business practices). A superior product is not enough: http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=13611

downingracing
01-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Friday evening at 11:30pm eastern time and still no update on a winner...

lateapex911
01-14-2012, 02:00 AM
The funny thing is, to me, the money involved.
So they promise to give away a system. Cool. What's that cost??? Maybe $2000? So it costs them around $1000? (Ignoring the write off etc).
So, what does $1000 buy in a print ad? Maybe two moderate sized ads on a non premium page in Sportscar??
(In other words, this sin't a huge amount to the company, yet could attract a fair amount of attention for them)
But, it seems like they've bought themselves a ton of negative attention....AND they HAVE to give a system away. Seems like a lose lose to me...

RacerBill
01-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Jake: Clear some space in your inbox - tried to pm you.

lateapex911
01-14-2012, 02:59 AM
will do, but my email is right in my sig too, Bill. ;)

RacerBill
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Thank you for not shooting the messenger....

"Bill,

We have a winner. The announcement will be coming this Friday or Monday.

SH"

RacerBill
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Check out Race-Keeper Trivinci on Facebook - Neat new features in Comparo! Available for download, no cost.

total G's calculation
digital gauges
Last Lap and Best Lap added to Video View.
plus more!

downingracing
01-18-2012, 11:36 PM

"Bill,

SH"

Better be someone we all know... :blink:

jumbojimbo
01-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Better be someone we all know... :blink:

I heard it was going to be Phil McKrakin or Hugh Jass.

ShelbyRacer
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Damn. I was hoping for Al Coholic.

Bill, please pass along that I was seriously considering a system, mostly due to your involvement, but this situation has made me really rethink that. Certainly, my lack of money and rising safety costs has made it a moot point, but it is a real issue. Since I am making a data collection system a priority for 2013, they may still have a chance, at least with one buyer.

JohnRW
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
VTB "Race Keeper", and all mention thereof.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bt_assets/system/idea_thumbnails/40224/original/url.jpg?1316183314

downingracing
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM

"Bill,

SH"

Nothing on Friday... Can't wait to hear the announcement Tomorrow.

boywonder
01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Nothing on Friday... Can't wait to hear the announcement Tomorrow.

Sure hope you aren't holding your breath...

ShelbyRacer
01-23-2012, 12:10 PM
<inhale> ... ... ...

gran racing
01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
No. Not that Thursday or Friday. :lol:

downingracing
01-24-2012, 07:28 AM
I can't believe it - Nothing yet... I sent an email to the company and am waiting on a response.

downingracing
01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
They responded quickly to my email. I guess they will announce the winner soon. I expressed my concerns and some ideas for them. I will not be entering any more contests with this company.

Knestis
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
When I was "publicity director" for Northwest Region years ago, we did a race car show promo in collaboration with a tire store chain and radio station. They did drawings from entries submitted in the weeks leading up to the Saturday doo-dah. About half way through the afternoon, the radio lady came over and asked, "Who do you want to win?"

Huh?

"Who do you want to win? We have to give the prizes away so they may as well go to someone you like. Don't you guys know how radio promos work?"

By the end of the day, several wives/girlfriends (mine included) had won sets of tires, and a rally dude we all kind of thought was a jerk got a free Maaco paint job for his crappy van, because we were tired of looking at it being all raggedy-ass...

K

Z3_GoCar
01-25-2012, 11:11 PM
When I was "publicity director" for Northwest Region years ago, we did a race car show promo in collaboration with a tire store chain and radio station. They did drawings from entries submitted in the weeks leading up to the Saturday doo-dah. About half way through the afternoon, the radio lady came over and asked, "Who do you want to win?"

Huh?

"Who do you want to win? We have to give the prizes away so they may as well go to someone you like. Don't you guys know how radio promos work?"

By the end of the day, several wives/girlfriends (mine included) had won sets of tires, and a rally dude we all kind of thought was a jerk got a free Maaco paint job for his crappy van, because we were tired of looking at it being all raggedy-ass...

K

And the title to this story would be.... "And Kirk Gets Introduced to Payola" :026:

RacerBill
01-26-2012, 12:55 AM
OK, it's official and formally announced on the Race-Keeper website! Our own Jim Hardesty is the Race-Keeper 2011 Contest Winner! Hope you enjoy the system, Jim.

And thanks for the kind words.

seckerich
01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Cooool, just like radio. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :023:

Knestis
01-26-2012, 10:01 AM
"Sometimes random selection doesn't look very random." - Kirk, after drawing the order for event finals at a state gymnastics championship

K

RacerBill
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Kirk: I hear you. However, I did not have any input into the selection process. Honestly. And I am not a politician! LOL.

BTW, I am still looking for a used system for you. Almost had one, too.

Racerlinn
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
OK, it's official and formally announced on the Race-Keeper website! Our own Jim Hardesty is the Race-Keeper 2011 Contest Winner! Hope you enjoy the system, Jim.

And thanks for the kind words.

I find this VERY amusing........
:happy204:

jumbojimbo
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I find this VERY amusing........
:happy204:

You and me both. I thought I had blown my chance of winning with my earlier posts. I was not the squeakiest wheel, but I was fairly harsh. My first thought was "wahoo!", my second thought was "Oh shit, the guys are going to rip me a new one."

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though. On the other hand I do plan to give an honest account of my experiences. I'm not very technical and obviously my car is little more than a go-kart wrapped in a crushed beer can. So it will be interesting to see how this works.

I'm not looking to add complications. I am so tired of jerking aroundwith video, but I love having it after the fact. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to add data. Right now I can just about pick up the tach if my camera is working well. I'd like to improve on that just a bit.

My plan is to let other ITC cars test this thing out too. So hopefully we'll get some feedback from a variety of slow moving cars including some drivers who are way better than me in cars that are way better prepared.

dhardison
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
my plan is to let other itb cars test this thing out too. So hopefully we'll get some feedback from a variety of slow moving cars including some drivers who are way better than me in cars that are way better prepared.

ftfy

Congrats btw!

jumbojimbo
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
ftfy

Congrats btw!

Hey, if you can get BillH off my ass for hitting him two years ago we might have a deal.

dhardison
01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey, if you can get BillH off my ass for hitting him two years ago we might have a deal.
HA! Yeah that's not gonna happen. He still talks about it like it was yesterday. Maybe if/when the Fukus sells he'll let it go. :rolleyes:

marka
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Howdy,

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though. On the other hand I do plan to give an honest account of my experiences. I'm not very technical and obviously my car is little more than a go-kart wrapped in a crushed beer can. So it will be interesting to see how this works.

I'm not looking to add complications. I am so tired of jerking aroundwith video, but I love having it after the fact. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to add data. Right now I can just about pick up the tach if my camera is working well. I'd like to improve on that just a bit.

I've had a racekeeper for a couple years now. Feel free to ask questions, etc.

I think you'll find it really simple to use.

Mark

Ralf
01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Cool, somebody actually won.
Think I'll register now and maybe I'll be the 2015 winner. :happy204: