PDA

View Full Version : Bought an RV to bring Strippers to the track

benspeed
11-16-2009, 01:10 AM
OK - so been on business travel for too long and started surfing eBay for an RV. Here's what I bought do to being bored and drinking too much beer in San Diego.

Y'all can come chill when I roll in with my bevy of strippers and my Porsche on the back of this bitch.

Switched my Flight from Newark To Pitt to Pick her up. Owned by a Dr who plowed tons of $$$ into it.

Might need to sell enclosed and buy an open trailer. Who wants my sweet 26 ft enclosed?

CHEEEERS - I'm swilling Heineken and feeling the love for next Season. This is all due to the rain in 2009. We'll see if it makes it back to Jersey after a 6 hour cruise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290369639529&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

dspillrat
11-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Not sure there's been a better time to buy a used RV ever........ Some really great deals floating around, on ebay. Surprised how little these things are usually driven "low miles".

Best purchase I've made to make the racing easier, and enjoyable to my outta shape, overweight self....... Just takes a little more time to get to the tracks. 6-5 MPG with my V-10..... Towing right at max capacity....around 27,000 pounds total weight.
But stepping in that A/c during a hot day makes it worth while to me.

Strippers?....... Well, I make sure my Pin Stripping is done before I leave the house.:rolleyes:

david

eprodrx7
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
what no brass pole?:shrug:

robits325is
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Ben you are the man.

callard
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Watch your tongue weight. Do it yourself or have a welder triangulate the rear frame and hitch to avoid bending/breaking the back of the motorhome. Great Buy!
Chuck

lateapex911
11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Watch your tongue weight. Do it yourself or have a welder triangulate the rear frame and hitch to avoid bending/breaking the back of the motorhome. Great Buy!
Chuck

Ben, with multiple strippers, that's great advice. Watch your tongue weight!

Tristan Smith
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
And of course all your fellow ITR competitors have priority getting by the velvet rope to the champaign room, right???:happy204:

mbuskuhl
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
The real stripper transporter - http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=6&md=second&id=1249

Only $45k for all last I checked. Not sure if the Larry Flynt sponsorship is transferrable.

BruceG
11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Ben........Looks great!
Bring on the weather at LRP with that baby.....LOL. All your many friends just doubled with that rig in the pits.

jumbojimbo
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Reserve was $3,500, one bid at $5,000. How'd you talk him up?

lateapex911
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I saw that too! Maybe the guy is throwing in some special 'services" with the deal? Ben's usually the guy to get something for 3500 that had a $5K reserve.

jumbojimbo
11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Ah, I see now, in the fine print it says for $3,500 the wife is included. $5,000 without. I think he made the right choice.

benspeed
11-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Yep - I might need to visit the dentist and pull a few teeth so I look the part :-)

I've been shopping them for a little while - I hit the buy it now to snag it. Got beat on another one that I didn't pull the trigger fast enough. Turns out when I got the VIN it's a 1992. We'll see if it makes it home to Jersey on the maiden voyage. The seller is going to go over it tomorrow so its ready.

We'll have a party in the Rumpus Room

lateapex911
11-16-2009, 11:16 PM
It looks "cozy" in there. You got a slider ordered for it yet? ;)

And, I bet painting it and getting rid of the graphics would modernize it too...you don't want the old strippers digging it, you want the young blood! ;)

924Guy
11-17-2009, 09:25 AM
And of course all your fellow Porsche drivers have priority getting by the velvet rope to the champaign room, right???:happy204:

Fixed that for ya... :p

benspeed
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I have been bamboozled! But at least I didn't lose any money (other than travel). Rerouted my flight from San Diego to Pittsburgh instead of Newark. Got to Pittbsburgh to pickup the RV - the dude can't produce the title. This is after I have asked him no fewer than two or three times - you have the title in your hand? Each time he confirmed he did. Then he says he's got it in the house somewhere.....and this guy is a friggin doctor - doctor space cadet! Then he said just take it for $2k.....but this just smells like dogshit now and I want nothing to do with this deal.

I was like give me my deposit back and "drive me back to the airport shithead". Got my deposit back in cash and he drove me back to the airport. Half tempted to call the Pitt police and give them the vin. Lost about $400 in cab fare to his house, getting a room for the night at the airport and having to buy a ticket home. Chock this up to learning experience - in the future make sellers fax you a copy of the title in advance.

Damn shame because it was a sweet RV! I must continue shopping but now it'll only be close to home. No strippers - DAMN!

lateapex911
11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
At least you didn't collapse a bridge and slide off the side with it on the way home!

BruceG
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I have been bamboozled! But at least I didn't lose any money (other than travel). Rerouted my flight from San Diego to Pittsburgh instead of Newark. Got to Pittbsburgh to pickup the RV - the dude can't produce the title. This is after I have asked him no fewer than two or three times - you have the title in your hand? Each time he confirmed he did. Then he says he's got it in the house somewhere.....and this guy is a friggin doctor - doctor space cadet! Then he said just take it for $2k.....but this just smells like dogshit now and I want nothing to do with this deal.

I was like give me my deposit back and "drive me back to the airport shithead". Got my deposit back in cash and he drove me back to the airport. Half tempted to call the Pitt police and give them the vin. Lost about $400 in cab fare to his house, getting a room for the night at the airport and having to buy a ticket home. Chock this up to learning experience - in the future make sellers fax you a copy of the title in advance.

Damn shame because it was a sweet RV! I must continue shopping but now it'll only be close to home. No strippers - DAMN!

That sucks. Ben. I'm sure your title laws in NJ are alot tougher than here in VT(where if the vehicle is older that 15 yrs, no title necessary.

I was hoping that you would be there at impound(if I ever made it there) with the strippers to take the heat off any inspections!...LOL If you want to buy it for $2000, sell it to me, I'll register it in VT(then you will get a title) and I'll sell it back to you.....Can't believe that's legal...but it is....LOL.

BruceG
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Ben...I thought Dr. Strangelove jumped out of the bomb bay door on a B52. Guess he landed in Pittsburg!

benspeed
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
LOL - Jake you must have seen that pic of the trailer hanging by a sappling off that bridge - think I burned one of my 9 lives on that deal.

Still looking for a stripper mobile - going to look at another one this weekend but the earnst is fading.

dj10
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Ben, if your coming to Pgh., let me know I know my way around there. Send me some pictures of your trailer, I can't remember what it looks like. :~)

benspeed
11-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Yahoo! We got a good one. Purchased this morning is a 1988 TravelMaster 36 foot tag axel with the P-30 Chassis and Chevy 454. Bought from a Marine Diesel mechanic who put more time and maintenance into this baby than I ever could. 75K miles, basically the most comprehensive maintenance top to bottom, drives with plenty of power and already has the towing hitch setup. Has a color rear camera, new stereo and all of the functions work. The gentleman gave a fantastic 1 hour demo of his RV. Even the awning looks perfect. 6.5 Generator, HUGE propane tank. Brand new hardwood floor and both pilot and sofa seats are new. Man am I happy - and for $5K - this is a great starter RV (although a mite gigantic). No television but hey - maybe that's a good thing.

About the only thing I need to do is have a brake controller installed for towing - the hitch looks great but I'll still see if the shop wants to beef it up.

Here's some pics of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/4122221857/

Already bought a bunch of books about RVs to read but the two binders full of the original manuals and all maintenance records ought to keep me busy :-)

I checked with our local trailer shop and they will give me between $7.5 and $8K for my enclosed. So I can buy an open deck and the balance basically pays for the RV. Nice conversion. Even the wife seems excited. My kids are really pumped. Wish me good luck - I will be the guy towing slow and racing fast.

Hey Dan - I'll go take some pics - maybe I can do a better deal with you on my enclosed. Tops its worth $9K per the trailer shop, no less than $8K open market, $7.5 as a trade.

Now I just get to pay more for gas and get gouged by the track for parking the RV - but hell. It's a place to chillax.

BruceG
11-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Nice, Ben!! Strippers love a great stereo...LOL. I think you said that it has a 454ci.....great block. I have it's 8.1L 494+ ci big brother in my truck and it passes everything but the gas station! Guys(strippers,too) will be lined up outside of your door to get out of the rain at LRP next summer.

jcmotorsports
11-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Awesome Ben! Looks like it is in great shape.

benspeed
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Some photos

BruceG
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Just remember there are extra tolls involved to bring strippers across state lines from NJ to CT....LOL. Seriously though, some of the bridge tolls are crazy now for campers. $28 on the Tapanzee(sp) and $40 on the narrows., I'm told.....ouch.

lateapex911
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Yea, coming up from Atalanta, I stayed outside of Washington, and did some sightseeing in DC. Which meant I was going up I95 etc as opposed the the westerly route with 81, etc. OUCH. States 3miles long nail you for $30+ bucks. The tols, by the time I got into CT were over $70 EXTRA. So, that sucked. Thankfully, all the museums I visited were FREE. So there was some tradeoff. kinda. Oh, and the roads SUCKED.

almracing
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Great looking RV. I know where to look if I need some corrugated aluminum for front air dams on a race weekend... :blink:

dj10
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
The party will be @ -------------> Ben's RV!!!! ;~)

benspeed
11-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey - no peeling the walls of now! I hope this thing will tow well. Just bought an open trailer with tire rack, brakes on both axles - open deck so you can get at the bottom of the car and a bit lighter. $1500 with fresh tires.

Now to sell my enclosed and I've completed the transition - then to get the car optimized a bit.

Dan - don't think I can get pics today - just too slammed

benspeed
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Trailer pics - how does this rate - good deal?

benspeed
11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Enlcosed trailer sold!

The transition is complete :-)

No moss grows under these wheels

benspeed
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
OK - so I drove the old bus around and it is awesome but I wanted more power. Strippers wanted more space to dance around - so we bought BIGGER!!! 1995 Georgie Boy 55K miles with the Ford chassis, 460 fuel injected motor and Banks Power system. Selling the old bus and making fast cash on that - added an extra Three K and got this beast.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/4192914672_c850c758e7_m.jpg

BruceG
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
OK - so I drove the old bus around and it is awesome but I wanted more power. Strippers wanted more space to dance around - so we bought BIGGER!!! 1995 Georgie Boy 55K miles with the Ford chassis, 460 fuel injected motor and Banks Power system. Selling the old bus and making fast cash on that - added an extra Three K and got this beast.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/4192914672_c850c758e7_m.jpg

Strippers love a nice hot shower, Ben...really cool ride. I just saw a new 1080DPI 52" Sony LCD for $1295 an Circuitcity.com Just the thing for watching "educational" videos with them.....LOL.:D

ed325its
12-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Ben,

That's enough photos of the RV; now let's see photos of the strippers!

benspeed
12-18-2009, 11:32 PM
I posted some pics but then was reminded by words offered to me by our uber hot head attorney - if you think it might be a bad idea, it probably is...

You'll just have to get in line and offer up you unworthy beer...maybe then one of those lipstick, scamtily cladded race babes might pull you into the coach...

benspeed
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Ahhh - life is good. Sold the old RV and make a cool $1,000 for my troubles (owned it for 6 weeks). Considering I will need to buy 6 new tires on the new RV - I'm feeling the holiday spirit.

Unfortunately my wife received as a gift the GPS "Stripper Alert 5000" which notifies her cell phone the moment any tawdry clad, perfumed felines enter the coach. She will not tell me where she has hidden the secret transmitter - dang!

lateapex911
12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately my wife received as a gift the GPS "Stripper Alert 5000" which notifies her cell phone the moment any tawdry clad, perfumed felines enter the coach. She will not tell me where she has hidden the secret transmitter - dang!

Why dang? Your wife likes strippers too? The more the merrier. kool....:cool: