PDA

View Full Version : Goblins Go CCPS

timo944
11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
So the 2nd CCPS race at the Goblins Go was shortened officially to 10 laps. This is because after lap 8 or so there was an extended double yellow, and there was no time between the subsequenst green and the checker for any body to do their mandatory 2-minute pit stop. Anybody who did not complete a 2-minute stop before lap 10 was docked 2 laps.

None of the 3 contenders in ITS did a pit stop before the double yellow, and I was leading in the race at lap 8, when the yellow came out and at lap 10 when the race was officially called (and at the end fo the ordeal).

I have no problem with the race being shortened, but somehow I was scored in 2nd place. It looks like the car that is now placed first is there by error - if you follow the lap charts they are out of place.. A simple review of the lap times should show this error cleasrly. It's pretty obvious looking at mylaps.com.

Do I need to file a protest for this to be checked out? Or is there a better way?

GKR_17
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
You need to file protest pronto, though it's probably too late. There are time limits for protests listed in the GCR, usually 30 minutes after the results are posted. Per the GCR they should have been posted at the track. If they weren't finilized until after the event, they should have mailed official results to everyone (the protest time should be extended if that was the case). The SOM's can extend the deadline if they believe you had good reason for filing later, but that is very rare in my experiece. That said, NCR region seems to be far better than most in this regard, so you may still get this fixed.

Grafton

timo944
11-15-2009, 10:35 PM
They gave us 10 days to protest...

GKR_17
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
The lapchart seems very clear that you should have the win. I don't see the official results posted on the NCR site (no ECR either...) so I don't know what they may have different. I'd put $25 down to get it fixed.

timo944
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the advice Grafton. Sent the letter yesterday, $25 included.