PDA

View Full Version : QH XR2 Clutch Kit F/S

Rick Starkweather
10-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Bought a QH XR2 clutch for my Fiesta Mk 1 race car from BAT in Florida (based on some information from the previous owner). The previously installed AP heavy duty clutch "shelled" the friction disk at my last SCCA event. Rather than replace the friction disc and risk having the same thing happen again, I bought the new kit, which was also all I could find on this side of the Atlantic on short notice. I understand Burton sells the AP kits.

Anyway, my flywheel has apparently been modified as there did not seem to be enough clamping pressure with the XR2 kit. Bolted everything up and had significant clutch slippage.

I'm going back to plan B (use the AP set up).

Anyone have an interest in a very lightly used XR2 kit (pressure plate, friction disc and throw-out bearing)?

I paid about $180, but am willing to make a deal for a fellow Mk 1 enthusiast.

Rick

Florida Fiesta
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
hi Rick,
I could use it as a spare...how much?

anything else to get rid of?

thanks,

Bill

Rick Starkweather
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Bill:

BAT list was $169. How about $100, plus shipping? I have a LOT of other Fiesta parts available -- XR2 manifold, spare race header, steering wheel, wheels, etc.

Send me a list.

Rick

Florida Fiesta
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'll take the clutch kit.
Other spares I could use:
Head
Rear drums
front spindles
fenders
anything in the transmission in good condition
better then stock valve cover

Rick Starkweather
02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Bill:

Call me on my cell over the weekend (919-345-9871) or email me directly at [email protected].

I've got spare heads, rear drums, may have front spindles, will also be taking apart a transmission to deal with some broken teeth in my current gearbox, so will have many spare parts available. I have 3 more spare transaxles if you want a complete unit.

Also have several valve covers, but they may all be variations on the stock one (one is chrome). Might have a cast one as well.

Depending on who buys my car, I may also have fenders available (1 used, 1 brand new in the box -- not sure which side is which).

Rick