PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to win?.........

Rabbit07
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, no one is chating about the ARRC around here.

Who is going to win?

Who is going to loose a bet and have to wear a dress?

Who is going to get the most out of shape on Friday night and not make the grid on Sat?

Thoughts?

:D

TAC
10-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm going but I'm not going to win anything. Except maybe at the worker party. :rolleyes:

tom91ita
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
i'll bite. part domination and part darkhorse...........

and only for the classes where i know some of the field as in have raced against or with or have shook hands, shared beers or dodged potatoe cannons with, etc.

ITA: Chuck Baader
IT7: Jake
ITB: Underwood
ITC: Jordan

R2 Racing
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Pretty much all of the ARRC talk is going on over at roadraceautox.com. Leaving in 8.5 days.

trhoppe
10-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Yup, here is your direct link :)

General/Shit talking
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=25606

ARRC Pick em
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=25722

-Tom

matt batson
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
deuce keane in B and ITA

924Guy
10-31-2009, 07:34 AM
ITR - Kip
ITS - Robbie
ITA - Ruck
ITB - Underwood
ITC - Vesa

FB - Coello

So, what'd I win? ;)

Florida Fiesta
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
ITC - Bill McCoin (and wins the enduro)

JLawton
11-07-2009, 01:12 PM
ITA:

Ruck
Hoppe
Cefelo
DiMinno

matt batson
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
underwood who?:shrug:

Looks like deuce did it again:happy204:

In fact looks like florida boys kicked some but in IT.

Maybe this little state isnt such a "small pond" after all?

more gloating to come later...:024:

benspeed
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Results are up on MyLaps - congrats to Kip and Dan Jones. I'm going out to the shop to drink beer, install my new splitter and ponder why I didn't go. Shoulda coulda woulda

924Guy
11-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Results are up on MyLaps - congrats to Kip and Dan Jones. I'm going out to the shop to drink beer, install my new splitter and ponder why I didn't go. Shoulda coulda woulda

Ya think? ;)

Gotta go and get the laps in, get to know that place, before you can worry about keeping up with the likes of Robbie and Kip! :cavallo:

RacerBill
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Sharon and I took the track tours on Saturday. Never so happy with a decision! Going under the bridge at 11 for the first time is much more dramatic than the downhill at Lime Rock, or Turn One at Bridgehampton! Would not have wanted to do that in a race car without having seen it in a street car first!

Newest track on my list of tracks I have to drive!

gran racing
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
much more dramatic than the downhill at Lime Rock

Really? To me the downhill is more ballsy and when I ran it kept wondering what all the fuss was about. Now turn 1 is quite a challenge at RA.

Festus E. Simkins
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Y'all should have run it when there was no 10 a&b but there was the DIP. The old guy know what I am taking about.:o:blink::eclipsee_steering:

RSTPerformance
11-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Dave- got to agree the downhill at Lime Rock is way more than the current RA... I didn't get the fuss either when we went down. Great track though all around one of my favorite. Better than Mid Ohio and almost as fun ad Lime Rock IMO.

Raymond

Greg Amy
11-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Dave- got to agree the downhill at Lime Rock is way more than the current RA...
You two chain-smoking the funny cigs? Except for the home boys who have this weird obsession with LRP, you'll find very few drivers with experience around this country that would choose that track - or any of its components - over Road Atlanta. Yup, it was a better track before Panoz changed it - he'll have to answer to the Good Lord someday for that - but LRP will always be this little rinky-dink track that would never be accepted as more than an HPDE track were it built today, surviving simply because it's close to NYC and has been around a long time...

Get out to more tracks, kids. Take some time to get away from home more often. Try something new once in a while.

gran racing
11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I never said I like LRP more than RA. I simply said that turn is NOT scarey to me in my B car. Heck, if one's doing it right they're not fully at the left going down the hill to save real estate.

Hey Greg, I did make it down to Summit this year and LOVED the Labor Day event as well as the track. I'd be happy to add a "Sponsor Now" button if you'd like to help me get to more tracks. :)

Greg Amy
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I never said I like LRP more than RA. I simply said that turn is NOT scarey to me in my B car.
That's 'cause you're not looking in the right places or you have no imagination ;). Try glancing to your left at that wall as you're going by. Even better, hang out at the S/F stand and watch a Spec Miata race.

Heck, if one's doing it right they're not fully at the left going down the hill to save real estate.
Uh, 'fale'. You're not going fast if you do that.

I'd be happy to add a "Sponsor Now" button if you'd like to help me get to more tracks. :)
Buy quality hubs so you're not wrecking so often and you could probably cover a season of driving enduros in Pablo...:happy204:

RacerBill
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Really? To me the downhill is more ballsy and when I ran it kept wondering what all the fuss was about. Now turn 1 is quite a challenge at RA.

Well, maybe it's the fact that I first went over the downhill at LRP back in '67 or '68 and I've slept a few since then........

But I will never forget coming thru West Bend at 90 in a 427 Cobra with Mark Donohue and wondering how the car was going to fit under the bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRallo
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, maybe it's the fact that I first went over the downhill at LRP back in '67 or '68 and I've slept a few since then........

But I will never forget coming thru West Bend at 90 in a 427 Cobra with Mark Donohue and wondering how the car was going to fit under the bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a similar memory with Bruce MacInnes in a Sprinter van!!

it's too bad they have since raised the bridge :/

and Greg, you don't give LRP nearly enough credit! But to each his own...

Greg Amy
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
:shrug: Actually, Chris, I gave LRP a *LOT* of credit. I grew up in Texas simply dreaming of the "mystique" of Lime Rock Park, relishing the Memorial Day race on TV after watching the Indy 500 and the Coca Cola 600 (?) the weekend before. When I came to CT for the first time my visit to LRP was the *first* thing I did, even before going to the hotel. And, yep, I ducked the first time I drove under The Bridge.

But since then, the mystique has quickly worn off. I've driven nearly two decades at that place, most of it on worn, buckled, and cracking pavement (on places where it wasn't a concrete patch). Most of it has been paddocking on dirt (when it wasn't mud or out-and-out standing water). Bathrooms are minimal - non-existent in the B Paddock - and it's only recently I haven't had to pay someone extra to clean them. Showers? Yeah, right.

And then there's the track. It was world-class course -- in 1959, when there were few other choices. Only 1.5 miles, visually attractive mostly because it has "park" in the name. Only recently has it been redesigned such that it won't ALWAYS kill you when you make a simple mistake, and that was only due to coming *this* close to losing one of its very few profitable weekends. And, recently the costs involved in playing there as a club has nearly tripled, and it's rare that I get out of there as a spectator for two bills when all is said and done.

And, of course, each time I decide to race (or sometimes spectate) there, it usually requires an additional day off work because there's no racing on Sunday. Oh, but that adds to the mystique, right...?

Bottom line, the dogs bark but the caravan moves on. Lime Rock Park was nice in its day, but that day is long past; there are so many better, world-class facilities, some of them historical but highly revised, most of them built within the last couple decades. Hell, even crappy-ass Nelson Ledges and Hallett are better tracks as driver's courses! If someone built Lime Rock Park exactly as it sits now, it would be heralded as a great "country club" facility for those with tons of money to drive their Ferraris around, but it would be unlikely to garner a lot of attention from the racers. And it would NEVER get a major date like ALMS. Not in a million years.

I do like the breakfast sandwiches and tots, though. Could live on those for a long time.

Hey, you always remember your first time: I still hold a soft spot for Texas World Speedway with its crappy roval configuration and a long sense of history with Indy and NASCAR. But in the light of day, when you look back at the high school yearbook photo of the girl you got your first kiss from, you soon recognize she was as dumpy as the rest of them...

:shrug:

JLawton
11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure I'm catching your drift Greg??

LOL

I ducked the first time under the bridge at LRP. I also drove one of those Sprinter vans with an A/C unit on top at one of the schools. They strongly "suggested" not hitting the brakes while going under it............. Even under power I still heard a "thump" as I went under.

It's not the down hill at RA that's scary............ it's the concrete walls that seem to be only feet off the pavement at the bottom!!!

To each his own on tracks. I'm probably the only one in the world that likes Pocono.

Ed Funk
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Nah, Steph likes Poke-In-Nose also. Don't know why, I find it boring.

924Guy
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
It's not the down hill at RA that's scary............ it's the concrete walls that seem to be only feet off the pavement at the bottom!!!

But at least it's just a case of "seems like" - not like Thunder Valley at Mid-O, before they moved the wall back... there were times you prayed you'd not miss the gravel! :eek:

Ron Earp
11-10-2009, 03:59 PM
:shrug:
And, of course, each time I decide to race (or sometimes spectate) there, it usually requires an additional day off work because there's no racing on Sunday. Oh, but that adds to the mystique, right...?

WTF? No racing on Sunday? Sunday IS race day. When are the races, Fri and Sat? That makes it tough on the club racers with jobs.

No dog in this fight and I'd like to drive LRP sometime. But my only experience with it is in iRacing and it seems a bit short for a road course. But, hey, you have to drive what you have nearby and if this is it then so be it, still looks fun.

gran racing
11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Uh, 'fale'. You're not going fast if you do that.

You're just using to driving the NX too much there. Bet if you did that with Pablo or another B car you'd be faster. Actually, Chris Albin and Justin Poole "showed" me that.

Greg Amy
11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Bet if you did that with Pablo or another B car you'd be faster. Actually, Chris Albin and Justin Poole "showed" me that.
You just lost the bet.

You must not have heard, I drove Pablo there two days ago. If I had tried to keep Pablo checked up so I didn't have to drive out over that exit curb under the S/F stand I would have lost a lot of speed on the straight (yes, I have DL-1 data). I watched the ARRC races and all the leaders (and fast guys) were tracking out. I can't IMAGINE why ANYONE would think that pinching in a car on track-out is faster; would you do the same on the Downhill at LRP? Of course not, that's just silly.

And, by the way, I was faster than Chris Albin in qualifying.

A 6-pack of Sam's Octoberfest would be a fine ante-up. Better hurry, it's soon to go out of season. ;)

GA

gran racing
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
No beer for you! At least not for that reason. :)

Heck, if one's doing it right they're not fully at the left going down the hill to save real estate.

We're talking two different parts of the downhill. I'm talking about going down the hill before the right hand turn; you're talking about track out. I suppose one could stay far left down the hill and try not tracking out as far.

I'm thinking about doing some really dumb things just so I can get my butt down there next year. Stupid racing!

Greg Amy
11-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm talking about going down the hill before the right hand turn; you're talking about track out.
Ah! I pretty much go all the way left there, but I can see the basis of the variation of opinion. Probably not a viable alternative in faster cars though.

I'm thinking about doing some really dumb things just so I can get my butt down there next year.If you are doing things in order to ensure participation in the ARRC, they cannot, by core definition, be dumb, no matter what they are. Resolved!

RexRacer19
11-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Ah! I pretty much go all the way left there, but I can see the basis of the variation of opinion. Probably not a viable alternative in faster cars though.

I was not using all of the track over there typically. You could probably squeeze another car in there most of the time.

lateapex911
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Greggy-poo (as Diminio likes to say), reading comprehension ownz you!

RSTPerformance
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Jeff-

I love Pocono All the configurations!!! also Love RA and LRP!

Nothing beats Mt. Washington though!!! Wish that was still an option :)

The only track I really don't like is NHMS.... Havn't raced at the track in 3 or 4 years I think??? And I lived within 20 or so minutes from the track until recently!

Raymond "I want to go to Summit and VIR!" Blethen

gran racing
11-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Summit Point Labor Day event next year!!! It's one of the best overall weekends and has something for everyone. There's a ton of racing, the wives and others can head into D.C. or whatever, lots of B cars, neat track......

Ed Funk
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
^^^Sexist pig!!
I'll go shopping, Steph can stay and race!!:rolleyes:

dickita15
11-12-2009, 04:54 PM
^^^Sexist pig!!
I'll go shopping, Steph can stay and race!!:rolleyes:

Well given this year that might be safer.:D

Ed Funk
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
You talkin' 'bout me!??!:blink:

gran racing
11-13-2009, 09:21 AM
What are you talking about, I thought you were the wife Ed?

Ed Funk
11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Nah, I'm definitely the boss! She's at a trade show and not on-line today, so for a couple days, I'm in charge!

dj10
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Nah, I'm definitely the boss! She's at a trade show and not on-line today, so for a couple days, I'm in charge!

ROTFLMAO!!!!! Or until she reads this! :happy204:

Ed Funk
11-13-2009, 03:34 PM
C-c-c-can a m-m-m-mod h-h-h-help m-m-m-me d-d-d-delete th-th-th-this???

lateapex911
11-13-2009, 04:49 PM
You're screwed, Dan quoted you!

Now, I AM a mod, and I could delete that too......

But, I need some tires for next year, and....

Ed Funk
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I got yer tires right out back, holdin' the tarp down on the sawdust bunker:p

dj10
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I copied it onto a word doc., he is so busted!!!! She's going to kick his ass.
I could use some new front brake pads....;~) and I know where you paddock at the Glen.
Sorta like the Letterman thing Huh? :~)

Ed Funk
11-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Except he got laid, I'm just gettin' screwed!:(

StephF
11-15-2009, 07:07 AM

Busted :bash_1_:

Of the tracks we've run at, my favorite locally would be the Glen. Summit is fun, sort of like LRP. For road trip tracks, I would recommend Road America. That was fun, fun, fun!
Hope to get to Road Atlanta one day. Was missing being there this year.....