PDA

View Full Version : Goblins Go lodging

seckerich
10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
So F**ing Nascar has driven the rates out the roof at VIR if you can find anything so what are people doing?. Thought I was on the list for a garage apt but just found out I am now on a waiting list. About to blow this race off.

GKR_17
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Roxboro

Gary Gentry
10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Steve,

You guys are welcome to join us in the Hotel Haulmark......but somehow, I don't think that's exactly what you had in mind. Do certainly hope to see ya'll there, though.

JeffYoung
10-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Grafton is right, it's usually easier to find a place in Roxboro than Danville when they are racing at Martinsville.

I was able to get a garage apt for Friday only.......and I am a member!

Hope you and Vicki make it.....

John Nesbitt
10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Also, depending on your location, consider South Boston. It's about the same distance (to the east along Hwy 58) from the track as Danville, but out of the NASCAR orbit.

Phat-S
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Can anyone recommend a particular hotel in either S. Boston or Roxboro?

cooleyjb
10-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Grafton is right, it's usually easier to find a place in Roxboro than Danville when they are racing at Martinsville.

I was able to get a garage apt for Friday only.......and I am a member!

Hope you and Vicki make it.....

Not sure if they're renting them out this year but there are trailers that are in the south paddock. They have been pretty quiet about them in the past.

JeffYoung
10-20-2009, 03:14 PM
No kidding Cooley! I never knew about those.

Phatt, in Danville we stay in the Sleep Inn. I can't remember the name of the newish hotel on the highway just east of South Boston....

Roxboro, there is a nice Hampton and a cheap Econolodge or Travel Inn or somesort right next to it that really isn't that much cheaper. Hampton is the way to go.

iambhooper
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
burlinton and mebane are about 30 min away

Mike Mackaman
10-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I got a two double room in South Boston at the Super 8 for $75 a night, Saturday only on Expedia. Not much avail for Friday night, so I will be getting up early and hauling in Saturday morning. Yee Haa!

Mike