PDA

View Full Version : 2wd or awd IT cars on dirt/tarmac

Dano77
10-18-2009, 02:45 PM
This was posted on rally-america.com European rally cross at NJMP, Basically 6 cars in heat races on tarmac/dirt stages. Nothing X-Gamesish in the way of jumps i hope but something else to do. Rumor is 100 bucks to enter with 3 heats,A-B-C mains and finals. 2 classes,2WD and AWD and some very cool peaple supposed to be running.
Check it out at rally-america.com
Dan 70 IT-7

Knestis
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
"There will be two classes of cars in Rally America’s initial year of competition. The faster, all-wheel-drive cars will resemble those used in current Rally America competition including the AWD Subarus used by four-time American rally champion Travis Pastrana and Internet gymkhana video star Ken Block. The second category of rally cross cars will be two-wheel-drive. That includes the various body styles from manufacturers such as Ford, Mitsubishi, Dodge and Honda boasting 450+ horsepower, highly modified engines and rally-style suspension."

So, any clue on the rules for the 2wd class? The way it's written, it sounds like they will "boast 450+ hp." If so, they've dorked it up righteously, without any opportunity for an entry-level, participation-boosting option.

K

StephenB
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for posting Dano! I will have to call you at a more decent hr. (Just got home from work)

This looks Awesome and something that I would definetly love to do! I wish it was closer to home but this is an event I will have to travel to!

Do you know if they do any handicap or is it strictly AWD and 2WD. Basically if I build my new AWD ITR car will I be racing against cars in Super production like Ken Block drives?

Stephen

Dano77
10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Did you see where it said faster AWD cars. 2WD cars with that much power would probably not move so well. afterall "power is nothing without control" The rally rules for Production GT and other classes are basically IT cars with more cage and safty equipment. At the New england forest rally we got real close to these and the open cars thanks to friends at Vermont Sportscar and Subaru Rally Team USA. They dont seem any more out of reach than our stuff. Like I said,might be something else to do.
If I get a copy of the rules Ill post them somehow.
Dan 70 IT7

raffaelli
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Rally happening this weekend. Anyone want to volunteer for working a portion of a stage?

http://www.rallynewyork.net/

benspeed
10-19-2009, 10:22 PM
ohhhh boy - I smell some new heroin cooking for the winter...