PDA

View Full Version : How many Z cars at the ARRC 2009?

jmark
10-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Curious who is planning to run their Z car at the 2009 ARRC?

Tom Donnelly
10-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Barring unforseen incidents, I'll be there.

Ron Earp
10-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I'd like to get down there for the ARRC. I've got a new motor for my Z and would love to run it. But getting a kitchen pass might be rough. With the wonderful SE schedule we have about two months of racing crammed into four weeks:

*SIC
*VIR Goblins Go
*13 Hour at VIR
*ARRC

The last three are back to back weekends.

lateapex911
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Do eeet Ron! Measure yourself against the best of the best!

Tom Donnelly
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd like to get down there for the ARRC. I've got a new motor for my Z and would love to run it. But getting a kitchen pass might be rough. With the wonderful SE schedule we have about two months of racing crammed into four weeks:

*SIC
*VIR Goblins Go
*13 Hour at VIR
*ARRC

Ron,

You're running your z at the 13 hour? Bring along alot of brake pads!

Tom

Parrish57
10-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Curious who is planning to run their Z car at the 2009 ARRC?

Mark... I won't be making the trip this year... Too much going on and I already know that I have to work that weekend. I'm planning to skip the SARRC points scene in 2010 and do some "destination races" instead. The ARRC will probably be one of them.

dspillrat
10-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I plan on being there....Hoping to improve on last years run.

Come on guys, its not that scary of a place to run :eek:.... Bring your A-game....Reppert :eclipsee_steering:is hard to beat if his german gremlins lie dormant.

david

Charles Perry
10-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Does a ZX count? I am trying to see if I can make it. Would like to run. Don't know about the enduro though.

RacerBowie
10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I plan on being there....Hoping to improve on last years run.

Come on guys, its not that scary of a place to run :eek:.... Bring your A-game....Reppert :eclipsee_steering:is hard to beat if his german gremlins lie dormant.

david

Reppert might be a little off his game... you know, with his 3 week old daughter and everything. :happy204: :smilie_pokal:

Parrish57
10-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Reppert might be a little off his game... you know, with his 3 week old daughter and everything. :happy204: :smilie_pokal:

Ohhh... Might just catch him with sleep deprivation!

jmark
10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I plan to be down there. Keep me in the loop David. Charles I hope you bring the 280ZX. We need to get Greg to run the ITS 240Z too.

jmark
10-21-2009, 06:19 AM
David let me know if you are running & can put me on your crew list. Thanks.

pballance
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
If anybody needs some help I think I am going to come over Sat. am to spectate and ?crew? and then camp out for Sundays fun. If you have open crew spots I would like to be added and just let me know you need some help.

Thanks,
Paul

Andy Bettencourt
10-21-2009, 08:47 AM

*SIC
*VIR Goblins Go
*13 Hour at VIR
*ARRC

Sounds like the typical May schedule up here.

Tom Donnelly
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
If anybody needs some help I think I am going to come over Sat. am to spectate and ?crew? and then camp out for Sundays fun. If you have open crew spots I would like to be added and just let me know you need some help.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

I had a crew member drop out today. If you still need a way in, the spots yours.

Tom

Charles Perry
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Mark,
bent my car pretty bad at the SIC. Gonna be out for a while until I get it fixed up again.

JeffYoung
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
But got it running pretty good after a HARD hit. That was some impressive work.

If that ITS Miata doesn't show up next year, there is going to be a GREAT battle for the SARRC championship: E30 325, 280zx, 240z, 260z, RX7(s) and a TR8. Should be fun.

pballance
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Paul,

I had a crew member drop out today. If you still need a way in, the spots yours.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I already found a slot and will see you there. Just remember to DRIVE that Z! :)

Paul

jmark
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Good luck David and Tom. I plan on coming down Sat.

Tom Donnelly
11-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Good luck David and Tom. I plan on coming down Sat.

Thanks!

Charles Perry
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
thanks Jeff, the work paid off. I just looked at the SARRC points and I finished 3rd, just beat out Steve P. I really thought I was 4th, so the news was a big surprise for me.
It in fact has got me juiced up to start working on the car.
And let's see what happens to the Miata next year, sorta out classed us all.

Parrish57
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks Jeff, the work paid off. I just looked at the SARRC points and I finished 3rd, just beat out Steve P. I really thought I was 4th, so the news was a big surprise for me.
It in fact has got me juiced up to start working on the car.
And let's see what happens to the Miata next year, sorta out classed us all.
I did the math before we left the track! Even if we had tied you would have won the tie break. You had a great year! I'm just sad to see that you aren't going to make the ARRC. I guess it will be up to Spillman and Williams to get a Z up front. Good luck guys!

JeffYoung
11-04-2009, 10:28 PM
We need to get that Miata to a track with hills. Mike ran the North Course at VIR in it a few years back and we were all close to him time wise, and Spillman went a second faster (he has the track record). Those flat tracks like CMP, and Roebling and Palm Beach down your way, that's just easy pickens for an ITS Miata.

VIR and Road Atlanta, a different story I think.

Really looking forward to next year. Started off the season with a second place run to Eckerich at VIR, and even passed him and led for 3 laps.....it should be a lot of fun with you, Steve P., David, Jeff M., Harold, Ron, etc.

See you guys next spring.

Charles Perry
11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Steve,
Can you please give me the name of the Z parts guy you mentioned to me at Roebling.
We can run with the Miata at Sebring, Homestead and Daytona but like you said Jeff, momentum tracks we are just spectators!
I will have a somewhat limited season next year, daughter is getting married, severly cuts into the ole racing budget.........

Parrish57
11-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Steve,
Can you please give me the name of the Z parts guy you mentioned to me at Roebling. .........

Are you talking about Sports Car Salvage? Tony Drum is a long time SCCA racer in H prod. Retired now with heart problems, no doubt caused by working on British cars for so many years. 800-222-1323

seckerich
11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I will be driving down from Asheville Saturday morning so if anyone has problems and needs a parts mule let me know. Good luck guys.

Charles Perry
11-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Steve P, it was the guy you wanted me to call about the lower control arm, you said he had many z parts but could be expensive. I think he was in Charlotte area??

Parrish57
11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Thats the one. He has the parts you need...

pballance
11-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Charles, I look forward to seeing you back in action so I can look over your car. I have a slicktop 82 that I am considering building for ITS.

To echo Steve E's comment, I am headed to RA either late tomorrow or Saturday AM so if any of you guys need parts, etc. let me know and I will bring them along.

Paul