What are you running?
And why?
Current car has Denso Iridium IQ24's

spawpoet
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
What are you running?
And why?
Current car has Denso Iridium IQ24's

We run the NGK's in I believe the stock heat range. As regularly as we like to replace the plugs it's more economical, and we have occasionally had problems with some of the more expensive plugs (don't recall brand) cracking anyways.

pballance
09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
BPR6ES and BPR7ES. My car came with Champions, I use NGK exclusively now.

Here is a link to Keith's suggestons

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22542&highlight=plug

Parrish57
09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Bosch Platinum + 4. I use a more expensive plug so I dont have to replace them as often. To me it seems that replacing plugs every 5th weekend vs every other weekend saves money.

ITZ34
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I run C59 Champions. That's what Rebello dynos the motor with, so that's what I run. Haven't had any issues with. them. Have tried same plug up and down one heat range.

kthomas
10-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Bosch Platinum + 4. I use a more expensive plug so I dont have to replace them as often. To me it seems that replacing plugs every 5th weekend vs every other weekend saves money.

Saves even more money if you never replace them. Now if you got an RX-7, which eats plugs even in street motors, then you might want to budget for regular plug changes. But honestly, bend the ground electrode up a tad so you can get a file on both electrodes and square them up before the ARRC each year and run them for the life of the motor. You might want 2 sets of plugs so you have some choices regarding indexing, but I'd spend your plug money on tires.

Heck an MSD or similar jillion volt setup will arc right to the top of the piston so you really don't even need a ground electrode. :eek: