PDA

View Full Version : TeamDI Pro IT - 2010 Season

dtanthon
09-24-2009, 10:36 AM
That time again..... the rules for the New Jersey Road Racing Series Pro IT state that we need to ask our customers what they want, we would do this anyway..... the schedule is set at the Mini-Con in Pittsburgh in early November.

1.5 The Pro IT Manager will solicit input from Pro IT Series participants on the management of the series. All rule changes are subject to the approval of the JRB.

What worked in 2009?
What didn't work in 2009?
What do you want in 2010?

To kick it off I heard 3 things as improvements.....
1.) Reduce classes from 6 groups to 4:
Combine ITB & ITC
Combine ITA & SM / SSM
2.) Invert the top 'x' cars on the grid. I say 6.
3.) Points is weighted toward the group with the most entries, if you beat a lot of cars then you get a lot of points and prize. Reformulate the points structure.

rsx858
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey Darrell, 2009 has been fantastic! thanks for all of your hard work. Im from Jersey so Im biased but I would cut out the NHMS weekend and keep plenty of events at NJMP. Just such a great facility. Also Glen is fantastic, was great having that on the schedule this year.

Previously suggested:

1) Reduce classes by combining... I thought it was great to bring the spec E30 guys in as they did not toast real ITS cars and fit the rules nicely. I dont think we should merge actual IT classes like ITB and ITC unless we really are seeing no entries from one of those classes.

2.) Invert the top 'x' cars on the grid. I say 6.

Is this suggesting we take the top 6 qualifiers, then switch them so that the pole sitter starts 6th, p2 starts 5th, etc? I think that would be a terrible idea! frankly with the speed differentials in Pro IT T1 gets hairy enough as it is... also it just undermines the purpose of qualifying. If this is a "pro series" lets stay professional

3) I think the point structure makes perfect sense except for the "overall drivers championship" as of course the best driver could be stuck in a class with half the entries and never have a shot. I wouldent mind if we just dropped the overall drivers championship. However for each individual class its perfect. It allows winners of big field races to be rewarded better than those with small fields which is cool.

However we change things up, excellent job so far, Im hooked!:happy204:

dominojd
09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
1. and it is the most important suggestion, MAKE SURE ERIN IS AT EVERY RACE NEXT YEAR and see if she has any friends she wants to bring. :D

2.Year end points should be for overall in class the way it is set up now sucks. :(

3. Inverting the first 5-6 of the field if BTTC and WC does it why not. The first 6 cars should be with in a few tenths of each other any way.

4. I don't think SM would appreciate being rolled into an IT class although it will make the IT classes larger. Maybe just stick SSM in with SM thier all miatas anyway. :blink:

dtanthon
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Year end points should be for overall in class the way it is set up now sucks.

Last year we had top 3 in each class and the top 3 overall. Which part sucks?

The 3 things I mentioned were communicated to me at the BBQ at NJMP. All suggestions get put forth to the JRB for consideration. But before the rules get changed (or not) we will let the Pro IT drivers what is up.

Remember we have a hard limit of 48 on Lightning, enter early.

dominojd
09-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Last year we had top 3 in each class and the top 3 overall. Which part sucks?

Ok if it is top 3 in class and top 3 overall it doesn't suck. The way it reads in the rules doesn't say that. No reference to class and over all postions. Maybe it's just the way i'm reading into it. :shrug:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JOE/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JOE/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png6.3.9 YEAR END PRIZE FUND
Payout for the end of the year will be as follows:
1st Place 28%
2nd Place 22%
3rd Place 15%
4th Place 9%
5th Place 8%
6th Place 7%
7th Place 6%
8th Place 5%

Doc Bro
09-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I would echo many of the sentiments already expressed. The grid inversion is a cool idea but I like the idea of a random grid inversion meaning it could be 6 or 4 or whatever. Pick it out of a hat kind of thing.

I feel strongly that the Pro-IT series should be IT. Meaning I like the idea of SM running in ITS/ITA. I have seen some dumb things happening on track recently and it's coming from the midpack SM guys. I'm not sure if they know what goes into a top notch ITR/S car but it definitely puts the value of these IT cars pretty high relative to a Miata. If they have to stay in their own class how about a split- start so they can just hammer one another? It seems the thought that some drivers in SM share is that contact is allowable under the guise of momentum or bump drafting. What I've observed now is that that very philosophy is tranferring across the classes. I was hit twice last race in the rain by SM's, once almost wrecking me. I think it's a mistake to not inforce on track contact heavily. If we want to keep the series professional we have to enforce a "modicum of decency toward one another". It'll tighten up the racing without increasing the repair bills.

Driver's champ should be a per class thing. ITC/ ITR has no chance given current car counts.

R

raffaelli
09-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I think the grid inversion that WC has is silly, kinda like a gimmick. Can I sandbag into P6 so I start P1? Rewarding the slower?

In other racing I have been involved/organized with we tried to weight points based on total finishers with the advantage to those with larger fields. The overriding complaint we heard about that system is that it benefits racers who attend tracks which draw well or have enough room on the track for a larger field. In effect it punishes those with the smaller tracks or fields. The long term effect was that those smaller tracks or fields dwindled to nearly nothing since there was no/less benefit to participate.

lateapex911
09-25-2009, 12:16 PM
OK, it's a pro series, and Pro seiries are are fan oriented, hence the grid inversion. So.......

Inversion is good. But, it's bad if it allows sandbagging. Here's how to do it, IMO

1 - Award qualifying points to the raw, un- nverted posions. Adjust finishing points to reflect the ratio of importance between finishing and qualifying.
2 - Then invite the top 4 qualifiers, assuming there are 4 guys in the class, to a little meeting. The pole guy draws a number out of a hat (1, 2, 3 or 4), and that determines the scope of the inversion.
3 - Then, lets say the number pulled is 3. Each of the top 3 guys draw straws for his start position. In this case it could be 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Nobody will sandbag, as nobody knows IF there will be an inversion, the scope of it, or the actual positions that could occur. So there is no set pattern. Win win.

lawtonglenn
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM

What I have seen is a coin toss for grid inversion...

The top 5 went to the podium, and the polesitter called
heads or tails....heads NO inversion, tails YES inversion
of the top 5....

therefore you have a 50% chance of no inversion, so why
sandbang?

raffaelli
09-25-2009, 07:03 PM

What I have seen is a coin toss for grid inversion...

Even more of a gimmick

dtanthon
09-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Joe,

I'll add clarifying verbiage in section 6.3.9.
For the 6 classes (R/S/A/B/C/SM) the top 8 get year end prize money if they complete 50% or more of the events. We started with 8 rounds this year so you need to enter 4 rounds, we actually had 9 rounds since the ARCA event morphed into 2 rounds.

Year end prize fund will have over $20,000 this year.

dtanthon
09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
We can make an ITM class, save the $10 fee

This is what Atlanta has in their rules -
2.4 The Atlanta Region IT Miata (ITM); cars must conform to SMCS C.6.c.2. Regional Competition. A spec tire is not required. Showroom Spec Miata (SSM) conforming to the Atlanta Region SSM rules may compete in

ITM; ARRC SM (ASM) may compete in ITM; ASM must conform to ARRC rules for ASM.

I also heard the comment to keep Pro IT pure, drop SM/SSM all together. Make them run ITA or ITS.

lawtonglenn
09-25-2009, 10:08 PM

here is the World Challenge GT coin toss gimmick:

http://www.goracetv.com/play.php?vid=128

TimM ITB
09-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I have no idea as to how "possible" this is, but I like the idea of running at different tracks, not the same track mutlitple times. So my recommendation is to get the series to as many different tracks as we can in 2010. Even saying that, we need to be careful about long distance hauls and the costs involved.

Tracks that I would like to see on the schedule in order of priority:

Watkins Glen
LRP
NJMP - thunderbolt
VIR
Mid Ohio
Pocoono
NHMS

Again, don't know if it is possible, but this way there is no "home" track for anyone, and we could expose the series from Virginia to Ohio - which is another important point for our sponsors, and for promoting the series as a REAL series.

And once again -- 2009 has been excellent --- big thanks to Bob and Darrel for putting it all together!

Tim M

StephenB
09-26-2009, 11:22 PM
From a business perspective (IMHO) we need the SM name to be a profitable and viable series in the current market place for our sponsors. SM and SSM attract newbies, entries, and attention, and we need to partner with them. I really feel strongly that a Pro-IT and PRO-SM combined race series with split starts would bring our series to a new level for all that are involved. We want the attention that SM brings and our sponsors will want that same attention. I personally will not run without split starts in the future but I feel as though I may be by myself on that idea.

I think the points payouts are great the way it is designed... rewards more for greater competition and IMHO gets drivers to try and get other drivers to run.

Running with Nationals probably supports the regions more but I honestly have no idea on the inside $$ info.

DO NOT RUN the same weekend as a regional at another venue.

Keep the awesome winners stickers

Create a consistant trophy for the series that compliment eachother on the shelf at the end of the season.

I love the tracks Tim mentioned and would dislike to travel to NJ 3 times again next year. 1 double race at NJ using both tracks would be AWESOME!

Keep up the positive attitude!

Stephen

benspeed
09-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Worthwhile to think about Prot IT - with the lead start.......... and split start behind that is Pro Miata. You have a Pro Miata series running alongside Pro IT and the fans can see all the Miatas start together? Great format...

ner88
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Just make it PRO SM and you have no problem with full fields and the ITR guys will stop complaining about SM drivers. :)

Doc Bro
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
No complaints Jerry!!

It's just that if I decide to "tap" a Miata then I "tap" with 130+ more HP and 500+ lbs more weight. I guaran-damn-tee you'll know it when I bump you.

Us ITR guys can get a lot of attention if we play by "those" rules. My guess is then you'd see some real complaining if we started moving Miata's. Facts being facts the GCR does not allow for contact.

Good for the Goose... blah blah blah.

R

ner88
09-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Two points Rob,
1) I've been passed by some poorly driven ITR cars and had to work hard in order to not hit them!
2) Miatas, can't live with them and can't live without them!
;)

RSTPerformance
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM
PRO-IT and Pro-SM split start is the best suggestion so far. I love running with a lot of the SM cars, but the mix doesn't work well. We mess their race up and they mess up our body pannels!!! lol It is true though the classes don't mix very well.

The Pro-SM name will bring in more entries, and the split start will give both IT classes and the SM class more individual attention...

I also vote for less races at NJMP... I have to ask (Not trying to be rude but...) is the series priority interest in making NJMP races successful or is it a priority to help all regions and all races across the northeast?

Summit would be cool (and that is a Team DI location isn't it?) and VIR would be cool. Nelson Ledges and Beaver Run would also probably enjoy a visit from Erin and the rest of us!

I probably wouldn't be able to make the commute however if it does go to Mid Ohio it would have to be during the IT fest weekend...

Raymond

benspeed
09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I would do a race at Summit also - that's a fantastic race and the region puts on a really excellent event. There is a whole crew at that place that cool to meet.

lateapex911
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
What he said ^

lawtonglenn
09-29-2009, 10:08 PM

I am concerned.

While we have in Pro-IT a great series, organized by terrific and caring individuals, and attended by enthusiastic participants, I do not think we have adequately concerned ourselves with the bigger picture.
By design, the Pro-IT series is parasitic. It requires a host to put on the event, schedule the track, organize the volunteers and paid workers, etc. etc. etc.

par⋅a⋅site [par-uh-sahyt] –noun 1.an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

While the word parasite has a generally negative connotation, that is not the point I am trying to make. What I am concerned about is that we have many people supporting the development of the parasite, disproportionate to the comparatively meager support of the host.
Without a healthy host, the parasite eventually dies.

To illustrate this, I need only point out the current preregistration numbers for the October Pro-IT and Regional event at NJMP:

...... Reg ....Pro
SM..... 1...... 3
ITR.... 3...... 8
ITS.... 2...... 9
ITB.... 1...... 3
ITA.... 1...... 1

....... 8...... 24

I know many of you have read at least a few of the other threads regarding the future of IT. While much of the talk is of rule changes, there is still a considerable amount of discussion about the current recession driven overcapacity (ie too many events, not enough participants).

Some make take my remarks as "Glenn calling the baby ugly", but they are meant to encourage discussion that will make the host healthy, to continue the success of the newly popular Pro-IT series.

For example, I support the suggestion that future Pro-It races not be scheduled on the same days as a regional event at a different "nearby" track.

Also, in reference to the chart above, I suggest that in future Pro-IT races that are held with Regionals, paid participation in the Regional should be a requirement for the Pro-IT.
To this idea I know that some might say "I cannot afford to do both the regional and the Pro-IT"...to that I respond that you are asking others to carry the load for you, and those others are not forthcoming.

Doc Bro
09-30-2009, 07:09 AM

I am concerned.

While we have in Pro-IT a great series, organized by terrific and caring individuals, and attended by enthusiastic participants, I do not think we have adequately concerned ourselves with the bigger picture.
By design, the Pro-IT series is parasitic. It requires a host to put on the event, schedule the track, organize the volunteers and paid workers, etc. etc. etc.

par⋅a⋅site [par-uh-sahyt] –noun 1.an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

While the word parasite has a generally negative connotation, that is not the point I am trying to make. What I am concerned about is that we have many people supporting the development of the parasite, disproportionate to the comparatively meager support of the host.
Without a healthy host, the parasite eventually dies.

To illustrate this, I need only point out the current preregistration numbers for the October Pro-IT and Regional event at NJMP:

...... Reg ....Pro
SM..... 1...... 3
ITR.... 3...... 8
ITS.... 2...... 9
ITB.... 1...... 3
ITA.... 1...... 1

....... 8...... 24

I know many of you have read at least a few of the other threads regarding the future of IT. While much of the talk is of rule changes, there is still a considerable amount of discussion about the current recession driven overcapacity (ie too many events, not enough participants).

Some make take my remarks as "Glenn calling the baby ugly", but they are meant to encourage discussion that will make the host healthy, to continue the success of the newly popular Pro-IT series.

For example, I support the suggestion that future Pro-It races not be scheduled on the same days as a regional event at a different "nearby" track.

Also, in reference to the chart above, I suggest that in future Pro-IT races that are held with Regionals, paid participation in the Regional should be a requirement for the Pro-IT.
To this idea I know that some might say "I cannot afford to do both the regional and the Pro-IT"...to that I respond that you are asking others to carry the load for you, and those others are not forthcoming.

Glenn,

The Oct Pro-IT/Reg is Fri/Sat/Sun. I think that having 2 races back to back with event participation on Fri may be part of the problem. I'll go to the Oct Pro-IT but not the regional for this reason. I can only give my employees so many unpaid fridays off before they asked me to pay them!! For all the self-employeed folks out there having to take another day off really adds to the weekend costs.

R

rthiele
09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
I share your concerns Glenn. The discount for the combination of reg and Pro IT is a great thing and the region tries the best to make it work.

However for this case we need to consider that not everyone can make it Friday (means travel to NJ on Thursday). If everything is on the weekend it should be less of a problem to run both. Also as a guess it might be too much driving time that specific weekend for some - tires, personal fitness etc. Last but not least the regional that weekend is not a NARRC points race.

So again, I second your point, just that weekend is a bit more difficult.

dj10
09-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe going back to the 1- ProIT race per weekend along with the regional would help? As much as I like 2 long races the regions do have to survive. I believe it is the extra Friday that is hurting. If you plan 2- ProIT races then they much be indendpendent & held on their own weekends, not to hurt the regions.
IMO

lawtonglenn
09-30-2009, 09:00 AM

I understand.

For me anyway, the fact that there are 5 races in one event weekend is a major plus...and since it isn't a points race, my plan is to gather up all my "still good but not fast enough to win" tires, and use them up. :)

As to this event's schedule, Friday is merely two qualifying sessions for the Regional. My intention is to show up late Friday night, miss the Qualifiers, and start from the back. Once again, this isn't a points event.

I really do understand that each of us may have a particular difficulty with this event. However, I only used this as an example, since the data is so compelling.

My point is really bigger than this one event. I know of several friends that I have had fun racing with in prior years, who have decided to only race the Pro-IT series in 2009. If too many people take that path, the parasite outgrows the host, and poof....

mazdagt3
10-03-2009, 10:11 AM
1. and it is the most important suggestion, MAKE SURE ERIN IS AT EVERY RACE NEXT YEAR and see if she has any friends she wants to bring. :D

of course joe would think of this one 1st!:happy204:

I feel strongly that the Pro-IT series should be IT. Meaning I like the idea of SM running in ITS/ITA. I have seen some dumb things happening on track recently and it's coming from the midpack SM guys. I'm not sure if they know what goes into a top notch ITR/S car but it definitely puts the value of these IT cars pretty high relative to a Miata. If they have to stay in their own class how about a split- start so they can just hammer one another? It seems the thought that some drivers in SM share is that contact is allowable under the guise of momentum or bump drafting. What I've observed now is that that very philosophy is tranferring across the classes. I was hit twice last race in the rain by SM's, once almost wrecking me. I think it's a mistake to not inforce on track contact heavily. If we want to keep the series professional we have to enforce a "modicum of decency toward one another". It'll tighten up the racing without increasing the repair bills.

R

allright.... enough!

SOME ITR DRIVERS NEED TO GO FASTER. c'mon guys.... why is a miata anywhere near you. think about.

also i think a better tone towards other racers is in order. issues with drivers should be discussed amongst those drivers and officials if necessary, not on a forum where is does no good.

you can keep bashing the miata contingent as much as you like. we are not going away anytime soon BUT i can guarantee darell anthony and bob zecca, that as soon as you take away SM as a class, you are going to lose entries (MONEY)!

we run in the pro it series for the same reasons like everyone else:

lots of time, excellent format, a few bucks to be had to offset expenses and generally a fantastic group of drivers and crew.

you don't hear us complaining that spec miata is not listed as part of the series name???

it's called PRO IT, which is just fine.

for those who are clueless, bumpdrafting (according to wikipedia) is as follows:

Bump drafting Bump drafting is a tactic used in NASCAR races at Talladega Superspeedway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_Superspeedway) and Daytona International Speedway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_International_Speedway). The technique was initially popularized by the Archer Brothers in the SCCA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCCA) Sportruck series during the late 1980s.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_%28aerodynamics%29#cite_note-LAT-3) It begins as normal drafting, but the following car pulls up behind the lead car and bumps into the rear of it, pushing the lead car ahead, to maintain momentum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum).
If done roughly or in the wrong position (e.g. close to the entry of the turn), this tactic can destabilize the handling of the lead car sometimes causing a crash. Use of the tactic in this manner is known as slam drafting.

in other words...

don't do it entering a braking zone
don't do it in the middle of a corner
don't do it exiting a corner

yes i know it's not allowed by scca. but it happens. the scca officials will have to deem what is not acceptable.

We can make an ITM class, save the $10 fee

This is what Atlanta has in their rules -
2.4 The Atlanta Region IT Miata (ITM); cars must conform to SMCS C.6.c.2. Regional Competition. A spec tire is not required. Showroom Spec Miata (SSM) conforming to the Atlanta Region SSM rules may compete in

ITM; ARRC SM (ASM) may compete in ITM; ASM must conform to ARRC rules for ASM.

I also heard the comment to keep Pro IT pure, drop SM/SSM all together. Make them run ITA or ITS.

NO.

i agree to give the miatas a split start (trust me, we love them) and all the 1st lap b.s. can be avoided for the most part.

but keep SM.

this series is only 2 years old. let's not change so much of it that we lose sight of what it could be 5-10 years from now.

I have no idea as to how "possible" this is, but I like the idea of running at different tracks, not the same track mutlitple times. So my recommendation is to get the series to as many different tracks as we can in 2010. Even saying that, we need to be careful about long distance hauls and the costs involved.

Tracks that I would like to see on the schedule in order of priority:

Watkins Glen
LRP
NJMP - thunderbolt
VIR
Mid Ohio
Pocoono
NHMS

Again, don't know if it is possible, but this way there is no "home" track for anyone, and we could expose the series from Virginia to Ohio - which is another important point for our sponsors, and for promoting the series as a REAL series.

And once again -- 2009 has been excellent --- big thanks to Bob and Darrel for putting it all together!

Tim M

YES,YES,YES!!!!

more tracks...although i disagree with the order of importance.....Pocono should be at the top.:D

dtanthon
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
:) bump :)

Good luck to all the TeamDI Pro IT and NorthEast drivers attending the ARRC. Bring home some metal!

dominojd
10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
:) bump :)

Good luck to all the TeamDI Pro IT and NorthEast drivers attending the ARRC. Bring home some metal!

Thanks D. We'll try our damnedest. :happy204:

dtanthon
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Points Structure:
The one feedback that I have received is that the points system is too skewed to larger classes. Right now both entry points and finishing points are based on the number of cars in class. Would it be more meaningful to just count finishing points? Should the entry points go away? Thoughts?

If entry points went away:
ITR - no change
ITS - 2nd and 3rd would have swapped
ITA - no change
ITB - no change
ITC - no change
SM - 3rd would have changed

Check www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) for the 2010 rules and schedule. Check FB for sponsor info.

THawkbh
12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Can anyone jump in on a single race? I wouldnt mind driving the lime rock race.

tdw6974
12-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Says Fast Reply! YES

dtanthon
12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
No problem for Lime Rock in May. As long as you and your car meets the requirements just be one of the first 38 to register.

THawkbh
12-25-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll have to look into how those requirements differ from IT. Cool thanks!

dtanthon
12-26-2009, 11:39 AM
No difference, if you have an ITR, ITS, ITA (IT7), ITB, ITC, or SM (SSM) it fits. There are even a few NASA cars that fit. Check www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) and come on out.

Terry Hanushek
01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Points Structure:
The one feedback that I have received is that the points system is too skewed to larger classes. Right now both entry points and finishing points are based on the number of cars in class. Would it be more meaningful to just count finishing points? Should the entry points go away? Thoughts?
Another alternative for consideration is to base finishing points on the number of cars in class (no change) and assign a fixed number of entry points e.g. 25, regardless of the number of cars in class. The entry points will reward consistency and support for the series and finishing points will reward on-track accomplishment.

Terry

dtanthon
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Comments?

6.1 ENTRY POINTS
Each entry will receive five (5) points times the number of entries in the class. The number of entries will be determined by the number of names listed in the Final Results less withdrawals and "no shows".
Example: 5 entries = 5 X 5 = 25 points to each entry.

TO:6.1 ENTRY POINTS
Each entry will receive five (5) points times the number of entries in the class. The number of entries will be determined by the number of names listed in the Final Results less withdrawals and "no shows". Maximum entry points per round shall be 25.
Example: 4 entries = 4 X 5 = 20 points to each entry.

dtanthon
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
2010 Pro IT Series
Round 1 - April 10 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway - NER - with NeSCCA National
Round 2 - May 15 - Lime Rock Park - MoHud/NNJR - with NeSCCA National
Round 3 - June 5-6 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - SJR - NeSCCA National
Round 4 - June 26-27 - Summit Point Raceway- WDC - with NJRRS/MARRS
Round 5 - July 24-25 - Watkins Glen International - GLEN - with double NARRC
Round 6 & 7 - August 13-15 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - JRB - with ARCA

Rules have been updated on www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)

Things that changed:
Entry points
Prize funds

Comments welcome, see you in March at the RoundTable and the April at NHMS.

StephenB
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
2010 Pro IT Series
Round 1 - April 10 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway - NER - with NeSCCA National
Round 2 - May 15 - Lime Rock Park - MoHud/NNJR - with NeSCCA National
Round 3 - June 5-6 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - SJR - NeSCCA National
Round 4 - June 26-27 - Summit Point Raceway- WDC - with NJRRS/MARRS
Round 5 - July 24-25 - Watkins Glen International - GLEN - with double NARRC
Round 6 & 7 - August 13-15 - NJMP on Thunderbolt - JRB - with ARCA

Rules have been updated on www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)

Things that changed:
Entry points
Prize funds

Comments welcome, see you in March at the RoundTable and the April at NHMS.

I see that each round will have a $300 entry. My question is if the double in NJ is $600?

dtanthon
02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
"4.2 Entry fee will be determined on a race by race basis by the host region, Pro IT Manager or race promoter. The entry fee for an event will be in the range of $300 to $400 based on the venue. Exceptions must be approved by the Pro IT Administrator."

As far as entry fee - I get the feeling these should be $350 - $400 as the norm. $150 in the prize fund for sure.

The double should be $400 - $450.

StephenB
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I mis read 6.3.3. Thinking it was 50% for the prize fund. Thanks for correcting me that makes good business sense and is a great value as always!

Terry Hanushek
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Stephen

I see that each round will have a $300 entry. My question is if the double in NJ is $600?

The entry of each round is set by the host region and can range from $300 to $400 per rule 4.2. We don't have a final agreement with NJMP for the double on the ARCA weekend but we expect that it will be close to last year's fee.

See ya at the races

Terry