PDA

View Full Version : Food Ledges

pballance
09-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey Chris, I checked and do not have any food ledges other than the ones on the car. I figured I would start another thread rather than confuse legal food ledges with illegal, out of spec food ledges. You know, someone might actually check for those some time.:)

I did find 2 e-brake cables If anybody needs one.

Paul

Parrish57
09-23-2009, 08:27 AM
What's a "food ledge"? Is that one of those trays that they used to hang on your window at Sonic?

dspillrat
09-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Alright you have my curiosity up now........What ya talking about??:blink:

David

pballance
09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Food ledges are the little vent pipe that runs from the core support to the fender well gap. See below:

lawtonglenn
09-23-2009, 09:06 AM

....and you call them "food" ledges because you creative redneck types can warm up a sandwich on during qualifying?????

lawtonglenn
09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
:D

dspillrat
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
oh yeah....I see.

I always thought these were an integral part of the air conditioning/ventilation system?
david

spawpoet
09-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey Chris, I checked and do not have any food ledges other than the ones on the car. I figured I would start another thread rather than confuse legal food ledges with illegal, out of spec food ledges. You know, someone might actually check for those some time.:)

I did find 2 e-brake cables If anybody needs one.

Paul

Paul, Thank you very much for looking. We'll just cover the holes for now. As for the cables, at one point Tom needed e-brake gear, but I'm unsure if he's gotten what he needs yet. I was going to send a whole set-up to him, but I haven't had a chance to strip our parts car while we have been rebuilding the racecar.

Tom Donnelly
09-29-2009, 10:09 PM
As for the cables, at one point Tom needed e-brake gear, but I'm unsure if he's gotten what he needs yet. I was going to send a whole set-up to him, but I haven't had a chance to strip our parts car while we have been rebuilding the racecar.

Chris,

I still need it. I've been busy surviving the season. Up till now, I've been so busy in the car, I don't think I would have even noticed an emergency brake.

Tom

pballance
09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Tom, If you want a complete set up, I have got that as well. Shoot me a pm.

Paul

jrvisual
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I have a set of food ledges that I'll sell for ooohhhh, $1000. (That should be enough to finally finish my car) I'll even throw in a Washer Bottle.:D

kthomas
10-03-2009, 09:42 AM
That ain't actually the food ledge. That vent pipe feeds the food ledge, which is the metal stamping on the outboard side of the hood line, under the fender, welded to the inner fender stamping, that forms the duct between the plastic vent pipe and the interior of the car. We call it the "food ledge" because thats what the original parts fiche called it. There are a couple more translation funnies in the fiche, L instead of an R etc. but I don't recall them off top of my head. I'll look up the proper name for Paul's vent pipe in the picture on Monday when I get to my fiche.

BTW, better put the pipe in. Won a protest with that once.....