PDA

View Full Version : OVR Double Regoinal 10/10 & 10/11 at Mid-Ohio!

downingracing
09-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Register at: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/679DD64D-CFE5-E8E7-8E8441855828F5D5

We should have ITA (Civic - me), SPU (Focus - Dan H.), ITE (Civic - Mark's new car) and ITC (FIAT - Shawn H.) cars coming to this one. Will be as good a time as it always is!!!!!

RacerBill
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Matt: Plan to have the new engine back in the car by then. BTW, did you get the CD's?

R2 Racing
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Should have the ITA car there, and hopefully making not-crappy horsepower this time.

x1/9racer
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Planning on getting my sorry ass moving and putting the car together to make this one, my first(and most likely only)one of the year.

boywonder
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Has the online registration just not been updated or is ITC boycotting this race? Normally there are at least 5+ registered by now... :017:

dhardison
09-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Got the windshield replaced yesterday. Hope to get the new inner & outer tie rods, fender, hood and front bumper cover/splitter installed this weekend. After that it's only a few decals and an alignment away from being back in race form (vs. junk yard form like at the end of last race). Looking forward to it!

Dan

dhardison
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Has the online registration just not been updated or is ITC boycotting this race? Normally there are at least 5+ registered by now... :017: They're all waiting for you to sign up! :)

jumbojimbo
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Has the online registration just not been updated or is ITC boycotting this race? Normally there are at least 5+ registered by now... :017:

Probably the races at Nelson the following two weeks are keeping the northerners up north.

boywonder
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
:(
I don't want to race by myself

ITA_honda
09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Easy win...:blink:
LOL

x1/9racer
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL
I'll be there with my Fiat, so hopefully not -that- easy a win...:cool:

jumbojimbo
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
LOL

Maybe... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyhizw6AbNw

cjb25hs
09-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyhizw6AbNw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyhizw6AbNw)

Didn't Boywonder have some issues at the Nelson Double the day after the 12HR too, I think. I know he spun and I think I remember the front bumper being redesigned during one of the morning sessions?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_kTgILxNV0&feature=player_embedded#t=94

About at 1.31 into the vid

jay05
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I think the rest of the compounders are only doing the MVR race.

Ryan, good luck drafting off Shawn. You have a better chance drafting off a skateboard.

ITA_honda
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I think the rest of the compounders are only doing the MVR race.

Ryan, good luck drafting off Shawn. You have a better chance drafting off a skateboard.

Jay - Im guessing you wont be at Mid-Ohio then?

boywonder
09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Didn't Boywonder have some issues at the Nelson Double the day after the 12HR too, I think. I know he spun and I think I remember the front bumper being redesigned during one of the morning sessions?????

Yeah, one of the Pinto boys decided to take off my front end the first time through Oak Tree during qualifying. :mad:

However, the remaining displays of dumba*s driving can be attributed to me...

jay05
09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Jay - Im guessing you wont be at Mid-Ohio then?

No MO for me.

boywonder
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_kTgILxNV0&feature=player_embedded#t=94

About at 1.31 into the vid

And from my view, at the 5:00 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCQR5Gx1-Bg

John McFarland
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Jay- just as long as you didn't hurt my wheels!

How bad is it?

jay05
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Jay- just as long as you didn't hurt my wheels!

How bad is it?
Wheels a perfect. Nothing happened, we just decided against back-to-back-to-back weekends and do the MVR at Nelsons the 17th and 18th.

downingracing
09-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Wheels a perfect. Nothing happened, we just decided against back-to-back-to-back weekends and do the MVR at Nelsons the 17th and 18th.

Sorry you guys will be missing this event! Good luck at your event at Nelson.

RedMisted
10-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Sorry you guys will be missing this event! Good luck at your event at Nelson.

What's going on here in Ohio? As of this writing, there are roughly 80 cars (that's it???)registered for MO and ONLY 7 for MVR @ Nelson. Western NY region has yet to put up registration for the year-ending Great Pumpkin event at NL.

Am I thinking that I better get my car/gear ready for MO because there may not be any more racing in-state this year??? I am NOT trying to start ANY rumors or cause anybody ANY trouble, but does anybody know what the heck may be going on??? Particularly with the Great Pumpkin event???

ITA_honda
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
What's going on here in Ohio? As of this writing, there are roughly 80 cars (that's it???)registered for MO and ONLY 7 for MVR @ Nelson. Western NY region has yet to put up registration for the year-ending Great Pumpkin event at NL.

Am I thinking that I better get my car/gear ready for MO because there may not be any more racing in-state this year??? I am NOT trying to start ANY rumors or cause anybody ANY trouble, but does anybody know what the heck may be going on??? Particularly with the Great Pumpkin event???

Chris- where have you been this year? havent seen you in a while. have you been racing out of state?:shrug:
Anyways, I just heard the Great Pumpkin is on. From what I know they are just waiting on the sanction number. Supps and schedule should be out any day now. Hopefully they dont cancel it again. Was always a good event. They even said on the flyer to bring your costumes for the Saturday night party. Making me think of what I should wear. Any ideas anyone? hahahahaha.:D

R2 Racing
10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
It's Nelson Ledges in late October. That's enough reason for me.

Moser's are coming next weekend. Yes, I may have just moved back a couple spots, but I love the great competition! Plus Joey and I will just be coming off our 30th birthday's, so we'll see just how much slower we are now. I'm guessing 1.5-2 seconds. :lol:

jumbojimbo
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
...think of what I should wear. Any ideas anyone? hahahahaha.:D

"Throw it over your shoulder and go as a gas pump" - Redd Foxx

ITA_honda
10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
"Throw it over your shoulder and go as a gas pump" - Redd Foxx

HAHAH Thats great....:happy204:

RedMisted
10-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Chris- where have you been this year? havent seen you in a while. have you been racing out of state?:shrug:

Went to Watkins Glen a couple times last month. Should be back at NL soon...

downingracing
10-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Entries are climbing! 15+ ITA and 16 SM as of this morning on the on-line entry. Add the 2 IT7s and Group 2 looks like fun!!! The other groups are filling in nicely as well! Get those entries in!!! I know 2 of the guys (ITC and STU? or SPU?) haven't registered yet. Should be a great weekend! I think I'm actually going to put the new tires on the car (along with new brakes) - I hope to race for a solid mid-pack finish!

** I need an icon like this one :smilie_pokal: with a 8th on the trophy! :D **

R2 Racing
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Should have the ITA car there, and hopefully making not-crappy horsepower this time.
Today was a GOOD day on the dyno! Oh yeah, we're back! :D:happy204::eclipsee_steering:

I am signed up for this weekend in ITA but dropped off my paper entry instead of doing it online. My Dad did as well, but entered in my FP car. That should be interesting, and makes for 7 FP cars.:o

bonespec
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Your timing is impeccable.

:eclipsee_steering:

R2 Racing
10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Saturday - Mostly Cloudy, 52°/35°, 20%
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 52°/38°, 10%

If that holds true, some track records might be in danger.

RedMisted
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Saturday - Mostly Cloudy, 52°/35°, 20%
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 52°/38°, 10%

If that holds true, some track records might be in danger.

I think you need some sunshine on the track to imperil most track records. The fastest conditions are almost always clear (to help enhance grip) and cool (to build better hp), in the 50s with hopefully no head winds on the straights.

downingracing
10-07-2009, 07:05 AM
There are several ITA cars (not mine) that could lower the record this weekend! I'm still hoping for rain on lap 2 of the group 2 race! :D

R2 Racing
10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
There are several ITA cars (not mine) that could lower the record this weekend! I'm still hoping for rain on lap 2 of the group 2 race! :D
I'm just thinking about one in particular, and it's not mine. Actually, my luck is I'd beat it by a tenth while Joey beats it by a second.:rolleyes:

Rabbit07
10-07-2009, 08:13 PM
We plan on crushing the T2 record this weekend with the freshly put back together Lotus Exige S! :D

ITA_honda
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
We plan on crushing the T2 record this weekend with the freshly put back together Lotus Exige S! :D

I will be sitting on the side lines watching you all this weekend. Trying to limp a sick engine home for the last event at Nelson's. Dont wanna blow it up.....yet:o

Ill be making my rounds this weekend...let me know where you guys are paddocked so I swing by and say Hi.

Oh..and Im camping out Saturday night...thats gunna be a cold one!:blink:

Ohhh Lotus...very nice. looking forward to seeing that in action!

R2 Racing
10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
That's happy racecar weather!

Saturday - AM Clouds / PM Sun, 58°/37°, 20%
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 55°/35°, 10%

x1/9racer
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I will be sitting on the side lines watching you all this weekend. Trying to limp a sick engine home for the last event at Nelson's. Dont wanna blow it up.....yet:o

Ill be making my rounds this weekend...let me know where you guys are paddocked so I swing by and say Hi.

Oh..and Im camping out Saturday night...thats gunna be a cold one!:blink:

Ohhh Lotus...very nice. looking forward to seeing that in action!
We may have a spare bed in the RV this weekend, even for a Honda guy:D

ITA_honda
10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
We may have a spare bed in the RV this weekend, even for a Honda guy:D

haha:D
Just bring some hot water over to the camping area by the grid to you can "un-freeze" me off the ground! :happy204:

bonespec
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
that is if you don't sink in the mud!

Still debating on spectating on Sunday.

jay05
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
So............ Any records fall?

ITA_honda
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Jay - not that I know of. But I may be wrong. I was talking with drivers and they said qualifying was like ice in the morning but the track started to come around in the late morning for the first races. Sunday morning was FREEZING but surprisingly the drivers said the track had really good grip.

And I survived the camp out Saturday night. I was awoken to the sound of group 1 qualifying Sunday morning. What a way to wake up. Now if that could happen every morning instead of hearing the alarm clock I would be in a great mood everyday! And I didnt freeze to the ground. But it was cold. haha

R2 Racing
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I cut the ITA pro-course record to a 1:40.84 on Sunday. Previous was a 1:41.15. Plenty of sunshine and cool temps helped, but the car was excellent.

ITA_honda
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I cut the ITA pro-course record to a 1:40.84 on Sunday. Previous was a 1:41.15. Plenty of sunshine and cool temps helped, but the car was excellent.

Really? Nice. Congrats on that. You were running very strong. What happened with your Dad in your FP car? I saw him coming back on the flatbed but the car (from the angle I saw it from) didnt look to be damaged..

jay05
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Results from C?

R2 Racing
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Jason - Shawn Hobbs was the only ITC car to show up.

What happened with your Dad in your FP car? I saw him coming back on the flatbed but the car (from the angle I saw it from) didnt look to be damaged..
He had a run in with a T2 Mustang in the keyhole. You must've seen the right side of the car, as the left side is pretty fucked. Car launched a good five feet into the air and slammed back down, luckily not rolling. He got a free ride to the hospital but nothing was found other than some bruised ribs. It was a serious hit; he can barely move today, but will be fine. The car on the other hand needs some work; it was mostly contained to the left rear. It'll be back.

xr4racer
10-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Kevin, the Lotus driver Jeff Degrieck sp?, has video of the incident with Brett. You told me he lost the brakes did you determine if that was true? I hope he feels better soon, I am sure the landing was pretty violent. I know I was sore for a couple of days after writing off my car Labor Day weekend.

matt

ITA_honda
10-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Jason - Shawn Hobbs was the only ITC car to show up.

He had a run in with a T2 Mustang in the keyhole. You must've seen the right side of the car, as the left side is pretty fucked. Car launched a good five feet into the air and slammed back down, luckily not rolling. He got a free ride to the hospital but nothing was found other than some bruised ribs. It was a serious hit; he can barely move today, but will be fine. The car on the other hand needs some work; it was mostly contained to the left rear. It'll be back.

REALLY? No kidding. Yeah I only saw the right side of the car. And saw your dad limping to the ambulance. Glad he is doing ok though.

R2 Racing
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Kevin, the Lotus driver Jeff Degrieck sp?, has video of the incident with Brett. You told me he lost the brakes did you determine if that was true? I hope he feels better soon, I am sure the landing was pretty violent. I know I was sore for a couple of days after writing off my car Labor Day weekend.

matt
I finally looked at the Traqmate data last night and it's kind of wierd. The car does start to decelerate at about the same point as previous laps, but at a slower rate. You can see the car change direction as he veers to miss the back of the Mustang, and then again (and the 4.5G impact) when the two cars make contact. The only time it showed max deceleration was right before the impact, but that could've been due to the car being sideways and scrubbing speed. So I don't really know what happened. The car itself isn't leaking any brake fluid, the reservoir is full, the pads are almost new, it still has positive pedal feel, and I've never experienced any brake problems with that car peronally. The car does get quite a bit of pad knock-back though, just as my ITA car does, and when I drive it I'm constantly pumping the brake pedal with my left foot before braking zones, especially if I've been hitting any curbs. But if I don't, it doesn't mean there won't be any brakes at all, it just means the pedal's going to be a lot longer and delayed. So I don't know, maybe he hit the curbs really hard in turn one and the pads knocked back like crazy, causing the delay in max deceleration into the keyhole. Just a theory, as I really don't know for sure what happened.

I gotta give it up to the Isaac Head & Neck Restraint System as my Dad's neck has absolutely zero soreness or pain or anything. The best product on the market! Works instantly, and in all directions!

Rabbit07
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Kevin,

I am so glad your dad is ok. I saw the video from Jeff's Lotus and that was one hellava hit!

See you in Atlanta