PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have knowledge of this RX7 (ebay)?

gpeluso
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know of the performnce or have raced against this 2nd Gen. RX7 forsale on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220482075827#v4-37

Looks like it could be a good deal but wonder why it has not been listed here or does it need a ton of $$$$ to be competitive. This car has been forsale all summer..... talked to the owner and he seems like a nice guy but just would like a competitors opinion.

Thanks
greg

seckerich
09-18-2009, 03:55 PM
That car has run in the southeast for quite a few years. Originally belonged to Leroy Maynor and he sold it to build an EP RX7 convertible. Has a lot of good parts and was always a consistent finisher. Top 1/3 of the field car. The 5.12, fire system, cool suit, etc is almost worth the asking price for parts. I sold him my spare fresh gearbox at the SIC a few years back. I have driven the car and ran easy high 1:23's at Roebling. A little tuning with ECU and some suspension work and it can run up front. Very cheap ITS starter car. I have no interest in the sale, just information you asked for.:D