PDA

View Full Version : Fun One! LQQKS like the BEST One!

StephenB
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Has anyone looked at the entry list for the Fun One at the glen this weekend? over 250 cars registered for a regional... almost 45 SM cars!! If I do just one race next year this would be the one!

I wish I was going and I am super jeleous of you all! Good luck and have fun. Please share stories with us!

Stephen

joeg
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Weather looks fairly good too!

They already did some group shifts. Had to change my number.

Tkczecheredflag
09-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Any results?

joeg
09-21-2009, 10:53 AM
The weather was just great!

Typical Glen racing. Always some Black Flags all and double Yellows. However in the big IT group Saturday race, only a local yellow from a wreck where the parts (bumper facia) was left on the track and the car managed to drag itself back to the pits.

p99ro
09-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi
Sunday Racing was Amazing. The track was fast not greesy. We had races all over the track. So many cars everone had a race going on. I got stuck behind the ITB race for the win. Those Volvo`s were stuck like glue. They must have had the bumpers attached on all the straight away`s. The litle orange Rabbit was dicing for the win. All three we in the lead at some point. ITA I did not see the leader`s . with 61 or so cars thas not hard when Q 37th. When some one gets the results can you post them or let us know when they are in and where. It seems that someone has a problem with a ITB Red rabbit. I don`t know or care but I waited a while for result`s and got none. I started 16th in ITA and moved up a few. I think 10th. Mr Wendal Did come in 2nd but did`nt eat enough Wheetes to make weight from what I heard. Glad to know that it was not from having a production engine in his now ITA Stock engine He has become an honest to goodness compeditor and Champion for fairness in the racing comunity.

dj10
09-21-2009, 05:07 PM
I hope they post the Sunday final results for Group 4 somewhere. The sheets were not out due to some protest or something. But the did give trophies to the groups that had no problem, just no sheet.

BTW, I want to thank all the drivers in Group 4 for their headsup driving. I know there were a lot of speed disparity and most of you let the faster cars know what your intentions were. The corner workers also did a great job with the blue flags and my hats off to them also. I tried my best to get by you as quick as I could so not screw up your racing.

RedMisted
09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I hope they post the Sunday final results for Group 4 somewhere. The sheets were not out due to some protest or something. But the did give trophies to the groups that had no problem, just no sheet.

BTW, I want to thank all the drivers in Group 4 for their headsup driving. I know there were a lot of speed disparity and most of you let the faster cars know what your intentions were. The corner workers also did a great job with the blue flags and my hats off to them also. I tried my best to get by you as quick as I could so not screw up your racing.

Dan:

Much congrats on your successes this weekend. The Fun One was wild racing, with everybody in battles all throughout the field. To me, if racing is just one track, it is the Glen.

Unfortunately for me, I had to abort the Sun. race after just three laps when my LF caliper shot off the inside fender. This happened as I was exiting onto the NASCAR straight. One damaged wheel, a ruined tire, messed-up electricals, and an outward dent in the fender (imagine that) was the toll.

I was lucky the tire didn't blow or I would have hit the outside wall in the outer loop like Sam Hornish did a few weeks ago. Gotta look on the bright side....

A highlight of the weekend was doing a couple 7/10th laps of the historic circuit on Thursday evening in my F-150. Those old racers were crazy flying down that long, steep hill into town at over 120mph in rickety pre-war cars.....

JohnRW
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrats to Dan Jones for setting new ITR lap records for both the Long Course and the Short Course (2:13.444 and 1:27.691).

Congrats to Marc Cefalo for setting a new ITA lap record for the Short Course(1:29.740).

Thanks to Soapy in Group 4 for all the speedy-dry on the front straight on Sat. afternoon. I was in Group 5 in an open cockpit, so I spent the rest of the weekend blowing speedy-dry out of my nose, and picking it out of my ears and belly-button.

Thanks to all who attended,

JW
co-Race Chairman, Fun One '09

mazdagt3
09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Any results?

why yes there is.... for sunday.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1319793

track was definitely fast with 4 new track records (sorry greg!)

ITZ34
09-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Chris
I guess you know what that noise was now. Hope damage not serious

DC

p99ro
09-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey
Thank you for the link. I`ll take 9th in ITA. Even though changes happened during and as a result of the finish. But I do need to get my Blaney Engine repaired and keep my foot in the gas longer.

dominojd
09-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Congrats to Marc Cefalo for setting a new ITA lap record for the Short Course(1:29.740).

Yes congrats to Marky, he was flyin this weekend. :smilie_pokal: And my S$#T was junk. :)

Ed Funk
09-22-2009, 08:07 AM

No you're not:rolleyes::D

joeg
09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your Mustang, Chris. That certainly was a freakish parts failure.

How do you think it happpened?

Hope you can make it to the Nelson October races.

And to all the fast cars...don't worry, we see you coming!

Greg Amy
09-22-2009, 08:31 AM
No you're not...
:happy204:

Congrats, Marky! Excellent drive, bully for you. I hear I owe you a case of Yeungling... ;) though, that lap record wasn't the strong one; you shoulda beat that thing by more!

Hey, replace the Spec Miata suspension and stock ECU in that thing, and the 1.8L Miata might actually be a contender in ITA!

;)

moto62
09-22-2009, 06:26 PM
... And my S$#T was junk.

Awwwww here we go. Yo junk seemed much quicker than my ultra built, superfly, financially worthless , Honda by product. You may need some weight.:D
Had a lot of fun this past weekend. Competition was fierce but everyone drove superclean. A lot of side by side racing with no consequences, none in our group anyway. Well, maybe one between a couple of ITB dudes on Sunday. Track was fast, weather was superb and the party after was splendid as always. Thanks to Finger Lakes Region for that. Now next time I come out to play, y'all must remind me to put gas in the car before a race:p That was Sat., and remind me check under the dist cap once in a while so the rotor doesn't fall off, oh! That was Sun.:p Both days with only a lap or so to go, ....and Windell's car is still a rocketship on steroids:blink:. Amen.

Ray

dominojd
09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Here's video from the steamy pile. :D

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6040918/15701399

RedMisted
09-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your Mustang, Chris. That certainly was a freakish parts failure.

How do you think it happpened?

Hope you can make it to the Nelson October races.

And to all the fast cars...don't worry, we see you coming!

The caliper-to-bracket bolts came loose. I installed the caliper just two weeks ago and noticed that it did not tighten like normal. I still thought that everything was safe, so away I went.

I think the rough curbing at the Glen had something to do with the bolts loosening. The previous tracks that I've raced at have curbing nowhere as rough as the Glen's.

No, I did not use a torque wrench when I installed the caliper. Next time I work on my brakes, you can be sure I use that wrench! I learned my lesson and thank God because my incident coulda been real ugly...

Tom Blaney
09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey
Thank you for the link. I`ll take 9th in ITA. Even though changes happened during and as a result of the finish. But I do need to get my Blaney Engine repaired and keep my foot in the gas longer.

That was one of my motors, but I suspect it has lived a hard life!!

Give me a call or send me an email, let's see what needs to be done.

pfcs
09-23-2009, 07:40 PM
It's heartwarming to see my motors still alive! My old Volvo motor in 1st place (Greg Subtelny) and my VW in 2nd (Charlie Gerundo)and Charlie took 3/10s off my best Golf time. Way to go. One thing's for sure-both those motors have had the shit beat out of them and for a long time too!

JohnRW
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
There was likely a lot more "Phil-alumni" equipment racing last weekend, too...Joe O. was racing one of Dave's old cars, and has my 142 someplace (which had one of your old heads & D-Jet system in it).

Nomex ITB95
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Phil,

The best move I ever did in Racing was Whine:( so much that you sold me your motor!! The motor has been used in numerous enduros and regional races. Never did anything to it but change the oil.

As always,

Thanks Again

Charlie