PDA

View Full Version : TEAMDI PROIT Round 8/9 at NJMP

Robert Zecca
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Round 8 & 9 of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES registration is now open at: www.NESCCA.com (http://www.NESCCA.com)

The entry fee is $400 and if you also enter the regional you will be refunded $100. The regional is $290. There will be 30 minute qualifying on Saturday with a 40 minute race and another 40 minute race on Sunday. I know we will have some great suprises PLUS we will be awarding a FREE ZAMP HELMET and TEAMDI SUIT at this event. YOU MUST BE THERE TO WIN. $150 of the entry will go into the prize fund.

We must limit this race to 48 entries so enter early.

We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com)
www.proitseries.com (http://www.proitseries.com)

robits325is
09-16-2009, 08:25 PM
If Ms. TeamDI is going to be there I am going to be there.

dtanthon
09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes, Erin will be there. Don't know about these other 2.......

http://www.njrrs.com/proit/6-7_NJMP/EJN.jpg

benspeed
09-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I am registered and will be there with new wheels, tires and Red Bull.

dj10
09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes, Erin will be there. Don't know about these other 2.......

http://www.njrrs.com/proit/6-7_NJMP/EJN.jpg

LOL!!!!!! I can only imagine what that poor girl is thinking.:)

lateapex911
09-17-2009, 03:53 PM
She's thinking, "well, at least one of these idiots can drive.."
;)

Robert Zecca
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Glad to see everyone is finally enjoying themselves.

I am trying to think of a great finale to the season, maybe a talent show.......we will see?

Robert Zecca
09-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Guys,

Erin asked that you SUPPORT THE REGIONAL RACE AS WELL. Please the region can not take a bath on the regional. This is coming from Erin and not me......I swear.

Good news....Erin will become a SCCA member for 2010 and may join you in one or two events.

Bob

JLawton
09-18-2009, 07:28 AM
LOL!!!!!! I can only imagine what that poor girl is thinking.:)

She's thinking,

"Man, does this guy smell!!!"

"Why does he have a pack of cigarettes in his suit?"

"I wish he would let go of me"

"These racer guys aren't the brightest bunch"

Doc Bro
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
She's thinking,

"Man, does this guy smell!!!"

"Why does he have a pack of cigarettes in his suit?"

"I wish he would let go of me"

"These racer guys aren't the brightest bunch"

And THOSE are her thoughts about Nick......Imagine what she's thinking about Joe!!!:)

R

dtanthon
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM
We have room for 48.

Where are the ITA & ITB cars.

Going to be a great ITR and ITS race.

ITR is tied between Doc B and Rob T. Calling Dave Maynard ...... give the drivel king more to bloviate over. (fancy word) I wonder if Terry will do the open hood impound all again?

ITB is tight as well with Ken, Steve and Tim.

Going to be fun!

StephenB
10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry guys/gals I wont be at the next event :( I incurred some major damage at the last event and unfourtunatly those repairs have taken the funds away and I just can't justify putting a charge on a CC to go have fun. I keep the mindset that if I use a CC then I am to addicted and need a little time off :blink: I will be back on track next season. For this year my last excitement of the year was with my brother and I both qualifying in the top ten with around 25 other ITR and ITS cars on track with us :026:

I believe that Ken H has won the TEAMDI Pro-ITB Championship in one of the best battles I have had in years. We finished with less than 1/2 second between us in 1/2 the races and we both drove 11/10ths the whole time! Thanks Ken for a great year!

Stephen Blethen
ITB Audi Coupe

dtanthon
10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
For ITB -
Kenneth Hubbard 465
Stephen Blethen 450
Tim Mullen 400

We have 2 races, so as an example with 5 entries and 5 finishers in ITB the winner gets 75 (25 entry points + 50 finish points) points each race. Ken H. is in the lead at this time but it isn't wrapped up by any means yet unless Ken and Tim do not enter.

TimM ITB
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Fellow Racers - and in particular Ken Hubbard;

I can't make the final 2 races this year.....I had made commitments months ago that occupy Friday the 16th, and other business matters have come up recently that will prevent me from making it to the track for the 17th and 18th. So.......it DOES look like the ITB championship will go to Ken Hubbard! And that is fine with me, as the final standings look indicative as to the way the season raced.

To Darrel, Bob, Terry, Steve and everyone who made it another GREAT year for the TeamDI PROIT Series - my sincere thanks! Well done!!! We are lucky to have such great energy and commitment from our leadership, and with the momentum that we have gained from the past 2 years, 2010 looks even better!

And on a personal note - a huge thanks to everyone who helped make the Veteran Homestead weekend at Lime Rock such an outstanding success - both in visibility for this organization, and in fund raising for our Vets!

See you next year!

Andy Bettencourt
10-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Good news....Erin will become a SCCA member for 2010 and may join you in one or two events.

Bob

Hmmm. I wonder if I know anyone who could get her into a free rental. :biggrinsanta:

lateapex911
10-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if I know anyone who could get her into a free rental. :biggrinsanta:

OK, the first guy who says, "Oh, I'll giver her a ride" is gonna get banned! :rolleyes:

dj10
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
OK, the first guy who says, "Oh, I'll giver her a ride" is gonna get banned! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't touch Jake's line with a 10" pole....err I mean a 10 ' pole.

dj10
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey who did the rain dance? Didn't it rain the last ProIt race @ NJMP?

JohnnyH
10-15-2009, 01:03 PM
We should rename it the New Jersey Watersports Park

robits325is
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Mudville.

dazzlesa
10-15-2009, 02:59 PM
i have decided to skip this event

Terry Hanushek
10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
TeamDI Pro IT Round 8 Results
NJMP Lightning

ITR

Robert Breault - 28 laps
Robert Thiele - 28 laps
Dan Jones - 27 laps

ITS

Rob Driscoll - 28 laps (overall winner)
Jeff Henderson - 28 laps
Matt Rooke - 27 laps

ITA

Tim Klvana - 25 laps
Robert Marx - 25 laps
Doug Case - 16 laps

ITB

Ken Hubbard - 26 laps
Chris Schmidt - 25 laps
Michael Reese - 23 laps

ITC

None

SM

Nick Leverone - 27 laps
David Kupferschmid - 26 laps
Yiannis Tsiounis - 26 laps

Excellent driving in cold, rainy conditions

Same propects for tomorrow

Terry

FastM3
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
For those that did not make the event. It was COLD and WET.

Just to give you a feel for what you wooses missed out on, here is a video of the start of Saturday's SM race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSGmHXqOK9c

Phil Kogan 38 SM

Terry Hanushek
10-18-2009, 10:01 PM
TeamDI Pro IT Round 9 Results
NJMP Lightning

ITR

Robert Nimkoff - 30 laps
Fred Fox - 30 laps
Robert Breault - 27 laps

ITS

Rob Driscoll - 30 laps (overall winner)
Jeff Henderson - 30 laps
Matt Rooke - 30 laps

ITA

Tim Klvana - 28 laps
Robert Marx - 27 laps

ITB

Ken Hubbard - 28 laps
Michael Reese - 28 laps
Chris Schmidt - 27 laps

ITC

None

SM

Nick Leverone - 30 laps
David Kupferschmid - 29 laps
Derek Jones - 29 laps

Cool, drying track led to close, exciting racing

Great season finale

Terry

StephenB
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Phil, Great video! Really shows the challenges of racing in the rain... not just the traction its the visibility! :eek:

On the good side it looks like from your video that SM had a split start in the Pro-IT race:happy204:

Stupid me with the rain and a split start I should have gone! :(
Stephen

Doc Bro
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Phil, Great video! Really shows the challenges of racing in the rain... not just the traction its the visibility! :eek:

On the good side it looks like from your video that SM had a split start in the Pro-IT race:happy204:

Stupid me with the rain and a split start I should have gone! :(
Stephen

Stephen
That was the regional. No split start for Pro-IT....there were only 5 Miatas.

Great race on both days. On Saturday my secret weapon paid off nicely ( a new set of Rain Tires). I tried the same strategy on Sunday and got off to a great start. I tried to build a big cushion as most of the front of the grid was on dries with only me and Dan Jones on wets. We went out of the gates like a bat out of hell and I led a good portion of the race. As a strong dry line developed the Autotechnic boys came by blisteringly fast along with Rooke and Fred Fox. I held on with going away tires to finish third in class and 5th overall, and clinching the Pro-ITR championship.

Thank You Bob, Terry, Darrell and all others who contributed to a great season. I thoroughly enjoyed racing this series the last two years. Great racing, Great sponsorship, great trophies, Great folks manning the helm....what more could you want. Thanks again for everything.

R

benspeed
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
That was a tough weekend - had no rains and went out on slicks. I think I was lapped 5 times by ITC rabbits to finish a solid last place. Left that afternoon and wish I had stayed for the dry race Sunday!

Next year - a full compliment of tires and wheels. Not having the cost of building a car will free up the extra budget.

Congrats to Doc Bro, Autotechnic, Flatout, Ridge Racing and all the Pro IT competitors - great season racing with all of you.

Looking forward to laying down some smack on you guys over the winter :-)

robits325is
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Ben you get the Bravery award.

dj10
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
New rains on Sat and dries on Sun were the tickets. I had the opposite both days, but still had a blast racing. I came down to learn a new track and to meet some new people, I did both. Rob & Jeff from Autotechnic did a nice job both days. Rob Breault & I had some real fun Sat until some cars slamed the door on me a few times and rob got away. That's racing. Hopefully I'll be able to do more races with you guys next year.

To the ITB BMW, Ken Hubbard I want to apologize for the force off in blind right hander, what ever turn that is. I slide out to far trying to chase down Rob B. Although we didn't touch I didn't mean to push you out that wide. It looked like you saved it, I'm glad, good driving.

kjh6576
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the apology Dan. There was approximatly 3 to 5 inches of water off the track at that point. I did a tank slapper and every time I was sideways, a huge wave of water grass and mud came in each corrisponding window. I let the all grass dry on my helmut and will post a photo soon.
I would like to thank everyone for another fantastic season. Who would believe driving around in circles, just as fast as you can,
with a bunch of other crazy people, could be so much fun.
I felt soo bad for the workers this past weekend. Hope all you guys/gals, finaly dried off and warmed up. "Thankyou all very much"
I felt a little abandoned this weekend without the Blethen Bro's and Tim. Rick bailed out the last minute as well. Missed you guys. Mr. Reese put up a good fight in the dry on Sun. Although he was going pretty fast, Mr. Reese had his hands full in the rain on Sat., with only slicks.

tdw6974
10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Complete results on My-Laps. For those of us making Pit Stops to clean the wind screens!!!!

RSTPerformance
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Looks like this weekend would have been perfect for Audi's!!! I wish I had not missed this one :) I was told that my dad spent some time in the mud on Sunday with a bad tire choice!!!

ANyway I just wanted to send a quick thank you to all those that made another wonderful year of the TEAM DI Pro-IT series. I think with the feedback that continues to come in and the fact that the series is truley driven by the drivers/competitors that it will only continue to grow and get better in the future! I am looking forward to running a few races again next season!

http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/natconv/images/LP332.jpg

Derrell, you never get enough love, found this and had to post! Thanks for all the hard work :)

Raymond "TEAM DI is the best" Blethen

dtanthon
10-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Instead of Peter and/or Dave holding the countdown board we will have these lovely ladies. Ahhhh Vegas, no trip this year. But look for something real special at the NeSCCA Roundtable hosted by NNJR in March, more info to follow shortly but TeamDI will have a nice presence there.

Also, check the points and prize fund on www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) or www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com). If you owe me a W9 or think you do get me one with your information. I have all the checks entered I just have to print them. A lot more drivers will receive over the $600 threshold this year.

StephenB
10-23-2009, 12:43 AM
WOW over 30grand in actual $$ Prizes this year not including the sponsership givaways!!! That is crazy stuff! :happy204:

Stephen

PS: Darrell did you get my I9 this year :eek:

dominojd
10-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Also, check the points and prize fund on www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) or www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com). If you owe me a W9 or think you do get me one with your information. I have all the checks entered I just have to print them.

So wait your tellin me I a gonna gets me a check for like 600 bucks? WOOHOO!!!! Send em I could use that money for the ARRC. Did ya send em yet did ya did ya? :)

ulfelder
10-23-2009, 06:22 AM
http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/natconv/images/LP332.jpg

Raymond "TEAM DI is the best" Blethen

That's actually Andy to Darryl's left, and Forrest to his right. Surprise!

dtanthon
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
After attending the FlatOut year end / Christmas party last year and the 'gifts' I saw that could be the case.

Go to the www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com) and open up the points, the Total Prize is there, Joe buys the first round at the ARRC! Make TeamDI Pro IT proud!
If your name has a blue background you are over the threshold. I'll send out emails but if you think I need a W9 get it to me at Driving Impressions, Bob gave us an office to use, fax - 973.361.5204.

Also, there is a 90 day limit on the checks, cash them or donate them to the worker fund, after this past weekend we are investing in artic gear and row boats.

As always, send me a PM if you have questions. Darrell @ DarrellAnthony.com