PDA

View Full Version : Paddock in the rain - for those who missed NARRC/MARRS NJMP in August

rthiele
09-04-2009, 07:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8MClLU1aaQ

JLawton
09-04-2009, 07:25 AM
:eek:

Well.......... at least it wasn't dusty!!

dtanthon
09-04-2009, 09:34 AM
That was the first test of the 'Lightning Emergency Plan' at NJMP. I had the NNJR truck out there while the ITR/ITS/ITB/STU was on the grid and the water was amazing on the track. We had to get all the workers out of the elements and into safety. The airport reported 4 inches of rain in 30 minutes. We were soaked for sure. A lot of fun but soaked.

Long range for next weekend at NJMP is great weather but I'll stick my head out of the RV next Friday morning and tell you what the weather will be.

gt40jim
09-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Um don't forget the FLIES!!!!!! :blink:

benspeed
09-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Gotta respect the innovation of racers - the wheel path to the trailer looks like it worked - Hopscotch anybody?

lateapex911
09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Thursday night at the ProIT race on the Thunder course was no prize for rain and wind either! Made the mistake of sleeping in the trailer. The canopies were strapped to the trailer, and shook the trailer so much sleep was impossible. I'm surprised they weren't pretzled. And we didn't get QUITE that much rain, but it was a mud bog in the AM. Hotels beckoned once the flies attacked.