PDA

View Full Version : General Racing Interest

RacerBill
09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Who can tell me who this famous racing personality is?

dickita15
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Seymour Chicken of course, Bruce McGuiness favorite mascot.

RacerBill
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
You get two points for remembering Seymour, but loose a point for misspelling Bruce's name! It's MacInnes.

Seymour is alive and well, and living in MA. I was in the area and dropped in for a visit with Seymour and Bruce.

dickita15
09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Well spelling was never my strong suit.
For those who care Seymour used to ride in Bruce’s FF with him and was wildly waved around by Bruce when he won his FF championship. When Bob Sharp hurt his wrist Bruce was the first driver he hired. Seymour was banned from the cars. When Bruce won for sharp Seymour was watching from a flag station and Bruce stopped on his victory lap and picked him up. Sharp was not amused. Bruce’s career with Bob Sharp racing was short.

RacerBill
09-02-2009, 05:22 PM
But, did you ever hear the story of the time that Bob Tullius kidnapped Seymour. Someone ratted him out and Dragon Slayer Racing hatched (pun intended!) a plan to rescue Seymour. After everone went to dinner, Bruce cut off the locks on Tullius's trailer and replaced them with his own locks. Sometime Sunday morning, after daybreak, there was a Western type walkoff in the pits at Bridgehampton, and the prisoner exchange took place!

dickita15
09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes Tullius was involved in a number of such shenanigans particularly with Newman. When Group 44 went to the TR7 in D Production they sold the TR 6 to Newman, but they delivered it with concrete in the tires. Newman had a garbage truck painted up in Group 44 colors and had it delivered to the Road Atlanta paddock. Tullius had a local Sherriff arrest Newman for impersonating a Actor. Newman had a plane fly over the track with a banner that said “Sixes beat sevens”

jimbbski
09-03-2009, 12:46 AM
What's Bruce doing now. I met him back in '79 at Mid Ohio when he was instructing for Skip Barber and I was a student. We had breakfast together on the third day of the three day school I was taking. I followed his racing for a while after that and I also remmember an article about him in a magazine.

CRallo
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Never met Seymour in person, but in my time at Skippy I def heard some stories... Bruce has a few :D

Bruce is still instructing for the school and himself, got married again and is still flying...

RacerBill
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Never met Seymour in person, but in my time at Skippy I def heard some stories... Bruce has a few :D

Bruce is still instructing for the school and himself, got married again and is still flying...

Yes, Chris is right on. Bruce was working on his three-wheeler car when we arrived Monday. And drove to lunch in his kit car.

As far as stories, he is still collecting them. Heard some great ones from the FF reunion at Road America.