PDA

View Full Version : OVR Double Regional at mid-Ohio 9/5 & 9/6 (PDX 9/4)

downingracing
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
On-line registration available at www.motorsportsreg.com (http://www.motorsportsreg.com) (along with entry list). I'll be there in the ITA Civic - anyone else coming out to play?

ITA_honda
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Ill be there.
Dont think Ill be as fast as the red civic 2 door coupe though :eclipsee_steering:

see you guys there!

downingracing
08-29-2009, 04:11 PM
With the action this topic is getting - Might just be you and me out there!!!!! :D Looking forward to a great weekend!!! I'll be at the PDX on Friday - stop down and say hi!

R2 Racing
08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
I've decided to bring out the ITA Integra. Got it running again today after finding a couple of issues that plagued me all weekend of IT Fest, finally resulting in it dying on the cool down lap after the Sunday afternoon race. I need to test it out and make sure it's running better,and I have no need to run the FP Integra one more time prior to The Runoffs as I thought I would. So yeah, hat in the ring....bitches.

Dad's also going to be driving the ITC '92 Civic. The ITC '85 Civic just came back from the frame shop after its run in with the Turn 1 wall, but won't be ready to hit the track yet this weekend.

jay05
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
I'll be there with a new hillbilly aero package. Lookout bitches.

ITA_honda
09-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I'll be there with a new hillbilly aero package. Lookout bitches.

hillbilly aero package? ahhhhh yeahhh

downingracing
09-01-2009, 08:58 AM
"hat in the ring" Kevin? You mean that everyone else is just racing for 2nd place now... :D Good to know you're coming with the ITA car! Should be a perfect weekend for racing if the forcast holds! Glad to see your dad get back out in the C car too!

Spent a few hours last night getting the car closer to ready. Still have more to do, but should have it done by Thursday. My serious lack of motivation is starting to piss me off... Will be leaving for the track Friday at 5:30am for a 7:00am arrival time. (that should be fun!)

Anyone doing the PDX or the Mid-Ohio school?

Racerlinn
09-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Try not to fog the joint for mosquitos again..... :toast:

R2 Racing
09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
"hat in the ring" Kevin? You mean that everyone else is just racing for 2nd place now...
Well that depends on if you're actually going to mount up your new tires this time. Then I'll have to work for it.:smilie_pokal: Hell, last year at the October event, I was working my ass off just to keep the freaking SM's behind me. The car seems to be working a lot better now though, but I'll be on my IT Fest rubber. Well, maybe.

ITA_honda
09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Well that depends on if you're actually going to mount up your new tires this time. Then I'll have to work for it.:smilie_pokal: Hell, last year at the October event, I was working my ass off just to keep the freaking SM's behind me. The car seems to be working a lot better now though, but I'll be on my IT Fest rubber. Well, maybe.

Kevin - we'll be with the specular miatas again this time. Maybe they wont take each other out before the green flag falls this time? You should remember last year in October when that happened. They black flagged us all and had to re-position us. What a mess. haha

downingracing
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
I might bring the new rubber to the track, but if I do, it won't be mounted prior to arrival... I'll just be happy to make it to the track!

The plan was to finish the car by tonight and get the tires mounted Thursday. Since some jack-hole in a dump truck hit my son's car at a light and took off, I spent the evening repairing his Civic. (Trunk, bumper cover, taillights and a BFH to get everything to 'kinda' line up again) That with other things that are popping up are making this a tight schedule for a Friday morning arrival. (I'm sure I'll make it, just going to need a break or two!)

See you all at the track!

R2 Racing
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that Matt.

I'm currently waiting for the UPS guy to show up with a part I need. Once that arrives, I can finish getting the car ready.

downingracing
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm as ready as I'm going to be..... The car runs and moves. Still working on the details of getting loaded up and getting to the track, but I'm sure it will all work out! I used to load up the night before and just pull out in the early AM. Since my street car was broken into a few weeks ago in my driveway - I won't be doing that any longer. :(

See you all at the track! Buying the beer tonight so at least I'll have that for the weekend!

ITA_honda
09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm as ready as I'm going to be..... The car runs and moves. Still working on the details of getting loaded up and getting to the track, but I'm sure it will all work out! I used to load up the night before and just pull out in the early AM. Since my street car was broken into a few weeks ago in my driveway - I won't be doing that any longer. :(

See you all at the track! Buying the beer tonight so at least I'll have that for the weekend!
M

Matt- do you have the worst luck or what? Your son getting hit and the guy driving off...and then someone breaks in to your street car....whats next? :o

downingracing
09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Hopefully that is the end of the 'bad luck'... Looking forward to having a FUN weekend!!! :happy204:

dhardison
09-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Looking forward to having a FUN weekend!!! :happy204: Same here! Loading up the RV/trailer tonight, should be there around 9am tomorrow.

Dan

ITA_honda
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Same here! Loading up the RV/trailer tonight, should be there around 9am tomorrow.

Dan

Working a half day tomorrow. Getting the trailer, loading the car, loading everything else then getting down there Friday evening when registration opens. Set up. Then back to the Hampton Inn for the night...and then the good stuff begins Saturday Morning!!! See ya guys

bonespec
09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Hopefully that is the end of the 'bad luck'... Looking forward to having a FUN weekend!!! :happy204:

got a time for Sunday's ITA race????? Doubt I'd make it for Saturdays night festivities.....although great sleeping weather!

ITA_honda
09-04-2009, 08:13 AM
got a time for Sunday's ITA race????? Doubt I'd make it for Saturdays night festivities.....although great sleeping weather!

Saturday and Sunday mornings schedule should be the same.
We're second group out with spec miata's.
Qualifying should be around 8:20-8:30am
The race should be the first group after lunch (that is if they are running group 1 before lunch)
So thats why they call it the "no schedule-schedule"

bonespec
09-04-2009, 04:15 PM
so get there about 11am, easy.

RacerBill
09-07-2009, 11:35 AM

Matt: Your Race-Keeper cd's are ready. Let me know how to get them to you.

cjb25hs
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
So how did everybody do. Greg how was it? Results?

ITA_honda
09-08-2009, 03:49 PM
So how did everybody do. Greg how was it? Results?

I faired well. 5th place on Saturday and 7th on Sunday...in a sea of Spec Miata's!

ITA_honda
09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Chris- have you run Mid-Ohio in the neon yet? If not I highly suggest you come out for the OVR race October 10-11. You can paddock with us....
This is part of the Great Lakes Division Champ series....get yourself a few division points..

cjb25hs
09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Chris- have you run Mid-Ohio in the neon yet? If not I highly suggest you come out for the OVR race October 10-11. You can paddock with us....
This is part of the Great Lakes Division Champ series....get yourself a few division points..

Not yet, I really want to run there but not till next year. The last time out will be the MVR double at NL. Then it will be time for rear shocks to get revalved and finally some sticker brand new 710's or BFG R-1's for next year. Time to get into the 1:19's and race you.

ITA_honda
09-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Not yet, I really want to run there but not till next year. The last time out will be the MVR double at NL. Then it will be time for rear shocks to get revalved and finally some sticker brand new 710's or BFG R-1's for next year. Time to get into the 1:19's and race you.

thumbs up!!!

dhardison
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Who won the handiacap race on Sunday?

gt40jim
09-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi guys, Anyone have any footage of the ITS Sat crash. Our BMW is a goner for sure. On the rack at shop, floor is buckled in the trans tunnel area. :eek:

dhardison
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi guys, Anyone have any footage of the ITS Sat crash. Our BMW is a goner for sure. On the rack at shop, floor is buckled in the trans tunnel area. :eek:
I have "front-row" video of the incident. I'll post a link once I get it cropped.

Dan

gt40jim
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I am so sorry that you guys got caught up in the accident. Dan you can get me at [email protected] Jim Locke

dhardison
09-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I am so sorry that you guys got caught up in the accident. Dan you can get me at [email protected] Jim Locke
No problem, it'll buff right out - :D.

How's your driver doing? I heard that he was released from the hospital on Sunday morning, but don't know how accurate that is. He was a bit dazed/confused in medical.

gt40jim
09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Dan your gonna need a LOT of compound. I'll buy and bring a bottle to the next race!! Docs ok he's pretty beat, concussion, coupla ribs and torn back muscles. Still has no memory of the deal. Car has so much floor pan buckling, I'm just amazed he's not worse. The tunnel by the shifter buckled. The cage shifted right and pushed the rocker panel on the passengers side outwards! The seat mounts are bent some. :blink:
I am picking up a shell this week and starting the new car. (I'm all out of buffing compound) Jim

joeg
09-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear the Doc got hurt.

xr4racer
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Here is a picture of my former RX-7. HANS did its job, my floor buckled and banged up my feet but all was good by Monday. A little discomfort in a lower right side back muscle is all I have so far.

matt

dhardison
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Here is a picture of my former RX-7. HANS did its job, my floor buckled and banged up my feet but all was good by Monday. A little discomfort in a lower right side back muscle is all I have so far.

mattMatt, did you receive the email/video?

xr4racer
09-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes I did, thank you.

matt

D.R.
09-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I was a few rows back, without the video camera in the car.

That was one of the hardest hits I've seen. Nearly comparable to the recent SM - Lotus head on at LRP.

I'm so glad that both of you guys are ok. It could have been a lot worse.

There was too much metal to metal contact this weekend for sure. :shrug:

Eagle7
09-10-2009, 05:51 AM

matt
:(
So sorry to hear about the car. Glad you came through it OK.

Racerlinn
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
No problem, it'll buff right out - :D.

How's your driver doing? I heard that he was released from the hospital on Sunday morning, but don't know how accurate that is. He was a bit dazed/confused in medical.

Shit Dan. What the heck happened guys? :o

dhardison
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Shit Dan. What the heck happened guys? :o

R2 Racing
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I was sitting on the hill in the esses for the start of the ITS race, and while looking at the grouping of cars go by on the pace lap, I said to the guys I was with "Wow, I'd NEVER race my ITS car in that group.", just knowing it was going to lead to something bad. ITS cars with GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1, STO, ITE, and EP. Fuck. That.

ITA_honda
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
That video makes me sick to my stomach.
that was a nasty crash.

924Guy
09-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow, that's a bad one... glad to hear all have survived, if not in great shape... not the way you ever want to end a season... best wishes for a clean, speedy recovery...

Racerlinn
09-10-2009, 03:23 PM
fuck.

R2 Racing
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow. Looks like Matt didn't even have time to hit the brakes, since it looks like they never came on. Everyone have H&N restraints on?

xr4racer
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Kevin,
We walked out to the spot of the crash on Saturday during the party. I left about 8 to 10 feet of skid marks before impact. The video does not show the brake lights, my friend said it has something to do with the GoPro in bright light at different angles. I definitely closed my eyes and hit the brake though. I had a HANS (thank God), I think Dan did also but Dr Aziz did not although he owns one.

matt

xr4racer
09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Kevin, I actually stalled the car by locking up the brakes. I can tell because the pulleys were not moving when the radiator went into them and also the impact sheared off the front oil cooler line and there was no oil in the chassis damage. I pulled the motor tonight and hopefully with a pan change and a fitting or 2 it will be fine.

matt

dhardison
09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Matt, Hopefully there's no major damage to your engine/drivetrain.

Yes, I was wearing a Defender H&N restraint and had recently installed a right-side net. Both did a great job for me.

Dan

924Guy
09-11-2009, 08:21 AM
This alone tells me we've come a long way in the past couple of years, WRT safety equipment - a big hit happens, and most everyone's got H+N restraints... whether or not they choose to wear? Not intending to get into a rant about shoulda's - not appropriate IMO when the guy goes to the hospital! Just commending the fact that even us at the low end of the budget spectrum are indeed putting our priorities right...

gt40jim
09-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Please guys no rants about shouldas. The hans was misplaced and could not be located by Doc. Would you have gone home on Friday night and NOT raced because you could not find it? New used body shell bought in Charlotte last night and drove an all nighter back to shop. Off to Mark Monday. Jim

dj10
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I was sitting on the hill in the esses for the start of the ITS race, and while looking at the grouping of cars go by on the pace lap, I said to the guys I was with "Wow, I'd NEVER race my ITS car in that group.", just knowing it was going to lead to something bad. ITS cars with GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1, STO, ITE, and EP. Fuck. That.

Kevin,
Your exactly right about the grouping it sucks and really should be addressed by OVR. DC Region started to do this again this year an I boycotted all their events due to previous incidents with Big Bore cars. On certain tracks you can get away with it, like Watkins Glen, Road America and Road Atlanta....fast tracks. Hell I got hit again last weekend @ Mid O and last Oct a GT1 knocked me into the tire wall in the carousal, that was over 2K in damage.

xr4racer
09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
No offense to any AS racers reading this, but we (ITR and especially ITS) do not race well with regional level AS cars. If McDermid or Sloe were there it would not be an issue because they are so much faster and would be gone. Regional AS cars run very similar lap times as ITS but they do it much differently. They have engine and we have cornering speed, this does not work well. I do not mind the GTs because again they are so much faster it is not a problem.
The last 2 years OVR has not put ITR in the restricted regional with the national because of closing speed difference with ITC, but they put ITS with GT1? This has never made sense to me. I understand the scheduling difficulty with turnouts being lower and the need for enduros and handicaps to pay the bill at Mid Ohio, but would 1 more closed wheel group ruin the timeline?

matt

dj10
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Matt,
I had this exact conversation with Bill Niemyer, whom I just met @ Mid O. Both of our opinion's are were almost exactly as you have stated.

wally2
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Anyone know when the lap times will be posted to mylaps?

jumbojimbo
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
As soon as you start signing your posts. Mike?

wally2
10-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Curse you jumbo jimbo!