PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 & 7 TEAMDI Pro-it; ARCA; TDI Cup

StephenB
08-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Figured since we are less than 4 weeks away I figured I would start a thread on the next TEAMDI Race coming up! I haven't figured out how to register at this point and I am hoping it's just not posted yet... if it is give me the secret website to enter!

So who is going? I think several people here should all go and support AJ in his TDI efforts and then run a few laps yourself! If you want to watch it's about $60 to spectate... only $400 to spectate and RACE in 2 RACES! :happy204:

I can't wait to race Ken in that BMW again... as long as I am not looking at his rear bumper again! The .03 second qualifying for me in 1st over him in second can't get much closer!:smilie_pokal: So far I am 1/2 a position (5 points) ahead of Ken in the championship... for me it's been a great season with him pushing me to the limits and both of us finishing nose to tail in each race this season!

Hope to see some extras at the event!
Stephen

lateapex911
08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
I chatted with Bob Zecca at the NARSCAR race last weekend, and he said the registration wasn't open yet. A week or two I guess. You need to talk Gran into coming. He's thinking about the Glen event instead. Too much racing back to back weekends...

Be good to see the Aj, and pull for a win for the boy.

Greg Amy
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I'll be there for at-track support for the Aahj...if someone's got a free ride in the Pro-IT I'll take that too... ;)

dtanthon
08-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Registration will be on DLBRacing.com shortly. Just got off the phone with Terry finalizing the minor odds and ends. We got the sanction from SCCA today. That was the last step.

It will be $400 entry. 200 minutes of track time.
Schedule looks like this-
Friday
30 minute - Practice (9:35 - 10:05)
30 minute - Qualify for Saturday (11:40 - 12:10)
30 minute - Qualify for Sunday (2:50 - 3:20)
Saturday
20 minute warm-up (9:15 - 9:35)
45 minute race - Round 6 (10:25 - 11:10)
Lunch BBQ (TDI race is 3:15)
Sunday
45 minute race - Round 7 (9:30 - 10:15)
(TDI Race 10:40 - 11:25)
All subject to change but this has been stable for weekes

I'm in unless I get hired somewhere between now and then.

dominojd
08-19-2009, 03:34 AM
DA,

Can you find out if the track is gonna hammer us on camping and electric prices being that it is a pro weekend? I know it was $35 for electric last time.

Greg Amy
08-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Can you find out if the track is gonna hammer us on camping and electric prices being that it is a pro weekend? I know it was $35 for electric last time.
If last year's Koni Challenge weekend is any indication, you won't be anywhere NEAR electricity; that paddock was packed except for the far corners out by T1/2/3. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find IT cars will be paddocking in the outfield...Better plan on bringing your generator.

Oh, and they were charging some STOOPID price for RV parking with electrical hook-up, like $750 or some such for the weekend.

dtanthon
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
This is a PRO event, remember that, we are not at a regional!

There will be a charge to camp (not $750 as Greg mentions, looks like $125 for the 3 days) with your RV or Toter in the paddock. The Supps have this all spelled out. Electricity is included for all competitors.

I have not seen a map yet as to where we will park. The paddock is big.

Remember that NJMP liked the TeamDI Pro IT series and asked us to be part of this event. They liked what they saw. We need to act accordingly and put on the best show.

lateapex911
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
This is a PRO event, remember that, we are not at a regional!

There will be a charge to camp (not $750 as Greg mentions, looks like $125 for the 3 days) with your RV or Toter in the paddock. The Supps have this all spelled out. Electricity is included for all competitors.

It would be great to see the supps (correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not out yet, right?) so we can plan.If I have to pay major bucks to sleep on the floor of my trailer in the paddock, I might as well get a hotel room, but I imagine THOSE are booked/booking up fast.

Terry Hanushek
08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I just talked to Val at lunch time. She has several chores related to the MARRS-NARRC Summer Thunder regional this weekend but she expects to get it loaded to DLB (http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?) this afternoon. If you really hurry, you can register before Darrell. :)

Terry

gran racing
08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Too much racing back to back weekends...

It's a hard sell to the wife after spending 4 days racing at Summit. Plus I absolutely hate the drive down there! Who knows, I'll have to give more thought to which event to attend.

dominojd
08-19-2009, 05:13 PM
It would be great to see the cupps (correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not out yet, right?) so we can plan.If I have to pay major bucks to sleep on the floor of my trailer in the paddock, I might as well get a hotel room, but I imagine THOSE are booked/booking up fast.

It seems to me you are golden. Elec is included and you don't have a toter or RV. :D

lateapex911
08-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Unless they consider my trailer an RV... Where are you staying Joe?

dominojd
08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Unless they consider my trailer an RV... Where are you staying Joe?

Don't know yet, may be staying in my non RV like last time. :)

kjh6576
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Stephen,
Yea.... I dont like looking at the back of my car either.... Theres a bunch of deformed bondo back there with a wrinkley bumpa. LOL.....
Maybe the track is going to buy some of these with the RV parking fee's
http://www.ananova.com/News/story/sm_3445440.html
See you all in Joyzze

dtanthon
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Open for business.
www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com) South Jersey Region SCCA under September

Supps (http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=1084)

StephenB
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
This looks like it is going to be an awesome weekend from both the racer point of view and the spectator view! I can't wait for what will probably be a race I remember for a long time! :D

Just to clarify for myself:
Can we camp in the IT Paddock area?
Where exactly is that area when looking at the track map?
Is it the same as what was highlighted for the last TEAMDI Pro-IT race?

Stephen

StephenB
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
FYI...
I really don't get this DLB racesite... maybe I am not used to it but it is soooo confusing!

I tried to get the entry list to make sure I was registered and all I get is
"1 Registered, No one has registered for this event"

It also says that the registration is closed on the calender view.

Driver registration closes at 9AM Wed, Aug 19th
Worker registration closes at 9AM Thurs, Aug 20th

Stephen

dtanthon
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Took about 20 minutes for mine to show up. I got the PayPal email right away so iknew I did it right.

Going to be fun! We have a meeting with the track tomorrow to go over all the details and get the paddock map.
Feel free to PM me at Darrell at NeedMoreRacing.com ([email protected]) with questions.

Terry Hanushek
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Stephen

Just to clarify for myself:
Can we camp in the IT Paddock area?
Where exactly is that area when looking at the track map?
Is it the same as what was highlighted for the last TEAMDI Pro-IT race?

We expect that we will be able to camp in the Pro IT paddock. We are not certain where that will be yet. We have planned a meeting with track management this weekend at the Summer Thunder regional to hammer out the details. One thing that we have to remember is that we are a support race and have no overall control of the event. If is it in the same place as June it will be a pure coincidence. We'll let you know as soon as we know.

FYI...
I really don't get this DLB racesite... maybe I am not used to it but it is soooo confusing!

I tried to get the entry list to make sure I was registered and all I get is
"1 Registered, No one has registered for this event"

It also says that the registration is closed on the calender view.

Driver registration closes at 9AM Wed, Aug 19th
Worker registration closes at 9AM Thurs, Aug 20th

Please bear with us - Val did us a big favor by getting the event loaded today since she is also the Registrar for the Summer Thunder regional this weekend. I've dropped her a note and I am sure that the closing date corrections will be made soon.

BTW The hover over box now says '3 Registered, 1 Volunteer'.

See ya at the races ... in New Jersey

Terry

StephenB
08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
YUP It took about 20 min for me to ubdate as well but it did register me for the event! I was just concerned because when you pay with paypal it goes to a new website then returns but dumps you in a different place with no confirmation you registered. Oh well... new website with new things to learn! Now it's just time for me to learn a new track :eclipsee_steering:

See everyone in a few weeks!
Stephen

lateapex911
08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
All registered. The supps state "the 2.25 mile course will be utilized". There are chicanes that are optional. What will we be using, the 'classic' course, or the chicaned up version?

(I bet the chicaned version.) :(

dominojd
08-20-2009, 06:45 AM
All registered. The supps state "the 2.25 mile course will be utilized". There are chicanes that are optional. What will we be using, the 'classic' course, or the chicaned up version?

All set and ready to go. Jake I talked to DA at the glen and he said we will most likely be running the classic config. I don't see it being a problem it only takes a few seconds to move some cones. I will be really dissappointed if we don't turn 2 is freakin awesome. :D

Terry Hanushek
08-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Jake

This is one of the details that we need to iron out - we should find out this weekend while we are there for the Summer Thunder regional. We are assuming the 'classic' course because that is what ARCA ran last year. Generally speaking the major series selects the course for the weekend.

Terry

StephenB
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Joe,

You wouldn't happen to have some in car video would you? I kinda sorta trust you and figure you can post a somewhat good post with a crazy (joe) line that works well for us front wheel drive IT cars! I tried searching but the search function on this site seems to be inactive. (Kinda like the recent posts since last visit thing not working...)

Thanks,
Stephen

lateapex911
08-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Jake

This is one of the details that we need to iron out - we should find out this weekend while we are there for the Summer Thunder regional. We are assuming the 'classic' course because that is what ARCA ran last year. Generally speaking the major series selects the course for the weekend.

Terry

Well, if I had a vote, I'd vote classic. I know, I don't have a vote. ;)

dominojd
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Joe,

You wouldn't happen to have some in car video would you? I kinda sorta trust you and figure you can post a somewhat good post with a crazy (joe) line that works well for us front wheel drive IT cars! I tried searching but the search function on this site seems to be inactive. (Kinda like the recent posts since last visit thing not working...)

Thanks,
Stephen

Unfortunately I don't have any video from my iin car, but I do have in car from Marc C. where I am the star of the video. :) http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5412075/14256220

dominojd
08-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Holy SHIZIT 20 entered already and it hasn't even been up a full day. :happy204:

StephenB
08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
And still climbing!!! Tell everyone about the event! I would love for us to show the pro-guys what a TON of IT cars look like on track! This could be the biggest group of IT race cars on track at once in the entire NE in years :026: I think this race will only help SCCA and us grow as specatators get to see that they can be involved and race wheel to wheel with a bunch of great people!

Stephen

PS: Thanks Joe!

21 ITR Robert Thiele blue/green 1993 BMW 325is BMWMotorsportCollection.com
26 ITR Tom Reighard silver 1993 BMW 325I Old Mill Builders
33 ITR Ben Phillips Black 1992 Porsche 968 BigSpeed Racing

0 ITS Jon Allen red/black 1990 bmw 325i Zygmunt Motors/Drive-Gear Racing Rentals
16 ITS Matt Rooke Blue 1989 Mazda RX7 RidgeSpeed Racing
23 ITS Jeff Henderson White 1999 BMW 323i autotechnicracing.com
25 ITS Rob Driscoll White 1999 BMW 323i E-46 www.autotechnicr.net
27 ITS Darrell Anthony Blue 1987 Mazda RX-7 Support Oasis Animal Sanctuary
49 ITS Ray Blethen Iii white 1987 porsche 944S JM Financial LTD
88 ITS Joseph McGrath Lt. Blue 1991 BMW E30 Joe McGrath, Attorney at Law
92 ITS Eric King Slvr/Blk 1990 RX-7 Blue Ribbon Home Inspections Mazdaspeed, Flatout Motorsports,
95 ITS John Hainsworth Red 1986 Mazda RX7 RidgeSpeed Racing
99 ITS Sean Curran red 1989 BMW 325is Animal Bikes

00 ITA Marc Cefalo blue/green 1996 mazda miata PLANET-MIATA.COM
01 ITA Joseph Diminno Blue 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R Kakashi Racing/Kesslar Engineering
11 ITA Tim Klvana Red 1995 Acura Integra CPM Motorsports
18 ITA Andrew Zimmermann Red 1998 Acura Integra Hankook Tire, Icarp.net

50 ITB Stephen Blethen Silver/Blue 1984 Audi Coupe www.RSTPerformance.com
76 ITB Ken Hubbard White 1976 BMW 2002

7 ITC Brian Heun Red 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit Lepus Racing

82 SM Nicole Cooper Blue/Green 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-Miata.com
91 SM Tony Senese black 1994 mazda miata pos motorsports

lateapex911
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?

StephenB
08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
It would be great to see the supps (correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not out yet, right?) so we can plan.If I have to pay major bucks to sleep on the floor of my trailer in the paddock, I might as well get a hotel room, but I imagine THOSE are booked/booking up fast.

Jake,

They still have some rooms available at the track overlooking the front straight! Only $300 per night + $21 sales tax + $15 hotel tax + $6 SED taxes. oh ya and a minimum of 3 nights so for a small fee of only $1,026 you can sleep well and have a nice shower! :eek:

They actually do look pretty cool! http://www.njmp.com/vip.html
Stephen

StephenB
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?

Dunno :shrug: It took mine about 20 minutes to update and I had to close all my browsers. Then went back in and it updated.

Personally I can't stand the DLB website and I am hoping that in the future SCCA doesn't go to that as a central tool. It looks like they do most races across the country. I love the NESCCA website and find it very user friendly and updates timely.

Glad to hear you are coming... have you convinced Dave to come yet?

Terry Hanushek
08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Jake

Whats up with that?

I'll check with Val (Registrar) at the track tomorrow to find out what she can see in DLB.

Terry

lateapex911
08-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks Terry. It's odd, paypal says you got the bucks. I think I did everything right....even gave the workers some bucks for good karma!

lateapex911
08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Jake,

They still have some rooms available at the track overlooking the front straight! Only $300 per night + $21 sales tax + $15 hotel tax + $6 SED taxes. oh ya and a minimum of 3 nights so for a small fee of only $1,026 you can sleep well and have a nice shower! :eek:

They actually do look pretty cool! http://www.njmp.com/vip.html
Stephen
I'd like to think I'm not the cheapest guy around, but, for $342, I expect more than a lumpy folding couch pull out bed! I have THAT in my trailer!

Terry Hanushek
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Jake

Jake: Thats weird, I'm not on the list. I registered and got a paypal confirm letter when there were only three registered around noon today.

Whats up with that?

Terry: I'll check with Val (Registrar) at the track tomorrow to find out what she can see in DLB.

Val checked during a lull this morning. Your Paypal account was charge but there is no evidence in DLB. We have no idea what caused this situation. She suggested that you register again and this time check 'Pay by check'. Once she sees your entry, she will manually attach it to your Paypal charge.

See ya at Thunderbolt

Terry

dtanthon
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Registration is at www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com), look under September and South Jersey Regeion SCCA.

We are above 30. Still plenty of room.

$400 for 200 minutes of track time.
Top 10 in each class (ITR, ITS, ITA (w/IT7, SRX7), ITB, ITC and SM (w/SSM)) get prize money.
BBQ Saturday afternoon.

rsx858
08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Im am real excited for this one! what is the track max for car count... just curious

Terry Hanushek
08-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Matt

Im am real excited for this one! what is the track max for car count... just curious

The track limit on Thunderbolt is 56 cars (25 per mile). With 40 - 50 cars, it's gonna be a great show.

Terry

wdether
08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
[quote=StephenB;293860]
35 entries as of 8/25/09

1 ITR John Stewart Race Red 1993 BMW 325is autotechnic.com
20 ITR Robert Nimkoff Yellow, Red, Black 1995 BMW 325is Blackbook2.com
21 ITR Robert Thiele blue/green 1993 BMW 325is BMWMotorsportCollection.com
26 ITR Tom Reighard silver 1993 BMW 325I Old Mill Builders
33 ITR Ben Phillips Black 1992 Porsche 968 BigSpeed Racing
43 ITR Robert Powell Lt Green/Black 1994 BMW 325i Adopted MEATHEAD/RP1 Motorsports

0 ITS Jon Allen red/black 1990 bmw 325i Zygmunt Motors/Drive-Gear Racing Rentals
16 ITS Matt Rooke Blue 1989 Mazda RX7 RidgeSpeed Racing
23 ITS Jeff Henderson White 1999 BMW 323i autotechnicracing.com
25 ITS Rob Driscoll White 1999 BMW 323i E-46 www.autotechnic.net (http://www.autotechnic.net)
27 ITS Darrell Anthony Blue 1987 Mazda RX-7 Support Oasis Animal Sanctuary
49 ITS Ray Blethen Iii white 1987 porsche 944S JM Financial LTD
63 ITS William Weaver White 1986 Mazda RX-7 Weaver Insurance Agency
87 ITS Thomas Smith Blue 1987 BMW 325is Drive-Gear.Com
88 ITS Joseph McGrath Lt. Blue 1991 BMW E30 Joe McGrath, Attorney at Law
92 ITS Eric King Slvr/Blk 1990 RX-7 Blue Ribbon Home Inspections Mazdaspeed, Flatout Motorsports,
95 ITS John Hainsworth Red 1986 Mazda RX7 RidgeSpeed Racing
99 ITS Sean Curran red 1989 BMW 325is Animal Bikes

00 ITA Marc Cefalo blue/green 1996 mazda miata PLANET-MIATA.COM
01 ITA Joseph Diminno Blue 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R Kakashi Racing/Kesslar Engineering
09 ITA Douglas Case Black w/red 1988 Honda CRXsi Kuhmo Tire/hardin Auto Body
11 ITA Tim Klvana Red 1995 Acura Integra CPM Motorsports
18 ITA Andrew Zimmermann Red 1998 Acura Integra Hankook Tire, Icarp.net
57 ITA Jake Gulick Dark blue/green 1985 Mazda RX-7

50 ITB Stephen Blethen Silver/Blue 1984 Audi Coupe www.RSTPerformance.com (http://www.RSTPerformance.com)
51 ITB Raymond Blethen IV Silver/Red 1984 Audi Coupe www.RSTPerformance.com (http://www.RSTPerformance.com)
69 ITB Michael Reese red 1991 vw gti
76 ITB Ken Hubbard White 1976 BMW 2002
86 ITB Tomothy Mullen Black 1995 Volkswagen Golf Diamond Technical Services

7 ITC Brian Heun Red 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit Lepus Racing

10 SM Mike Cefalo Blue/Green 1999 Mazda Miata Planet Miata.com
40 Joe Plunkett Yellow 1994 mazda Miata Subway
41 SM Dave Kupferschmid Silver 1999 Mazda Miata H6 Innovations
82 SM Nicole Cooper Blue/Green 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-Miata.com
91 SM Tony Senese black 1994 mazda miata pos motorsports

Robert Zecca
08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
The TEAMDI PRO IT SERIES will be a support race to ARCA and the VW TDI Cup at NJMP on the weekend of September 11-13. There will be over 200 minutes of track time over the 3 days with a race on both Saturday and Sunday. The entry fee is $400 of which $150 will go back to the drivers and year-end points fund. We already have 37 cars entered with a cap of 56 cars. Be part of a great event showing off IT cars in front of spectators. This series offer a high level of competitive driving while showing respect to their fellow drivers. Besides cash earnings the TEAMDI crew will be raffling off great gifts from our sponsors which include MPT Industries, H6 Innovations, Tiffosi Sunglasses, HAWK Performance, Raceshopper.com, Molecule Labs and of course TEAMDI. Please visit: www.proitseries.com (http://sccaforums.com/linkthru.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.proitseries.com %2f) to learn more about the series and www.dlbracing.com (http://sccaforums.com/linkthru.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dlbracing.com%2 f) to register.
This event is on the weekend of 911 of which two of our fellow SCCA members lost their lives on Flight 93. These members were Linda Gromlund and Joe Deluca. I knew these guys all to well. Joe was one of my best friends. I got him into the SCCA and was his driving instructor. Very few people may not be aware but Joe was the designer of our DRIVING IMPRESSIONS logo and everyday when I look at that logo I think of Joe and Linda. PLEASE join our event and pay tribute to these heroes and all the heroes of this tragic event.
I hope to see you there.
Sincerely,
Robert Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://sccaforums.com/linkthru.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.teamdi.com%2f)

rsx858
08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Who will be there for tire support... im gonna need new rubber for 200 minutes!

dominojd
08-28-2009, 06:48 AM
41 cars and counting. WOOHOO :happy204:

kjh6576
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Will helmets be required for the crew @ this event.
Thanks,
Ken

dtanthon
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
No helmets required for crew or workers in pit lane.

Working on the tire support. I suggest you contact Smarty or TreadZone direct to be safe in the meantime. I will have a firm answer as to who will be there.

There are 42 entries now. We can have 56. Going to be 2 great races on Thunderbolt! In October at the JRRC we will be on Lightning and have 2 races there as well.

StephenB
08-31-2009, 05:41 PM
So far it looks like no Rain jackets are required either! :happy204:

Thursday Night - September 10
Clear.
Low: 67°F / 19°C.

Friday - September 11
Clear.
High: 82°F / 28°C.

Friday Night - September 11
Clear.
Low: 68°F / 20°C.

Saturday - September 12
Partly Cloudy.
High: 82°F / 28°C.

Saturday Night - September 12
Mostly Cloudy.
Low: 70°F / 21°C.

Sunday - September 13
Mostly Cloudy With Scattered Light Showers Possible.
High: 81°F / 27°C.
Precipitation: 1.03mm (0.04 in)*

Up to 45 and still growing! only 11 more spots before the waiting list starts!

Where are the ITB cars racing this weekend? A bunch ran thunderbolt a few weeks ago and I would love to race with them!

dtanthon
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
At 50, room for 6 more.

We will be doing a BBQ on Saturday afternoon in the TeamDI pro IT paddock compound. On Friday we will be doing a head count and getting provisions. What do you all want while we are watching the ARCA and VW Jetta TDI Cup race? Who has a grill we can use as the 2nd and/or 3rd grill, we do expect a crowd.

There will be plenty of spectators as well on Saturday.

The BMW Motorsports Collection (ITR driver Rob Thiele) will be making a sponsorship donation to this BBQ.

Greg Amy
09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Weekend Schedule:

http://www.njmp.com/pdf/ARCA_2009_EVENT_SCHEDULE.pdf

There will be illness, pain, mental anguish, and slow death for each one of you rat bastards not standing next to the track during the TDI Cup race, cheering AJ Nealey on...

dtanthon
09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Just got word - Sunday schedule got bumped up 30 minutes. Race 2 is 9:00-9:45. Appears all the rest of our times are stable.

Still waiting on the finer details of where we will be in the paddock, plus a few other things. With AMA at NJMP this weekend things must be crazy down there.

dtanthon
09-07-2009, 06:32 PM
So you survived Labor Day, not going to the Cheap Date .... still room at the TeamDI Pro IT at NJMP!

Registration closes 9AM Wednesday. We can still accept a few more. 56 is the limit for Thunderbolt. Registration is at http://www.DLBRacing.com, look under South Jersey Regeion SCCA.

$400 for 200 minutes of track time.
2 45 minute races.
90 minutes practice/qualify, 20 minute warmup.

Top 10 in each of the 6 classes (ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC and SM (includes SSM)) get prize money. BBQ Saturday afternoon.

philstireservice
09-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Who will be there for tire support... im gonna need new rubber for 200 minutes!

If Smarty is not there ( don't think he will be) we can ship tires to you at the track since Treadzone is not a Hoosier dealer.

StephenB
09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Fri
Sep 11
Rain / Thunder
High 71° Low 62°
80% chance of Rain :026: Yahhooo love running in the rain! Do we get extra track time since the other guys don't run in the rain :D

Sat
Sep 12
Showers
High 76° Low 62°
40% chance of showers UHHH OHHH the old weather gods are messing with us again! :blink:

Sun
Sep 13
Sunny
High 80° Low 61°
0% Chance of anything other than sun :happy204:

Looks like it is going to be a jam packed great weekend! If anyone is interested I have EXTRA crew spots available and will be happy to add any lurkers here to my list so you can join us. Call my cell if interested as I leave in a few hrs. (No you don't have to wrench on my 25 year old antique!)

Stephen
603-496-5528

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

ARCA RE/MAX Series Joined By Historic Stock Cars, VW Jetta, and Pro-IT At This Weekend’s South Jersey Building Trades 150

Millville, N.J. (September 9, 2009) - This weekend’s South Jersey Building Trades 150 is the second appearance of the ARCA RE/MAX Series to the 2.25-mile Thunderbolt Raceway road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park. But for fans on-site, the September 11-13 event will contain more action than just the roaring stock cars.

Very different from the over 800-horsepower, thundering V-8 American iron of the ARCA RE/MAX Series machines is the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup series. During the race weekend, the racecars will consume approximately four gallons of Syndiesel B5 biodiesel blend. Over the course of the season, the racecars will consume only two tanks of fuel during their 30 minute races, running cars nearly identical to the street-going Jetta.

The Volkswagen Jetta TDI series features young, up and coming drivers between ages 16-26 in identical, factory-prepared clean diesel Jetta TDI’s. Each driver competing in the series will earn a Pro Racing license from SCCA at the conclusion of the season. In addition to more than $50,000 in prize money at stake during the season, the series champion will win $100,000.

Philadelphia’s Derek Jones is one of those young drivers who will race twice this weekend, and looking forward to his home race. This season, Jones is currently 10th in the Championship standings on the strength of five top-10 finishes. His best finish of fifth came at the second race of the season at Virginia International Raceway.

“It’s been a bit of a rocky season for me so far,” Jones said. “I’ve been consistent with finishing in the top third of the field, but I feel like I should be farther forward. I’m hurting myself in qualifying and giving up too many starting positions. However, I hope to turn things around at New Jersey. It’s a fast, cut-throat track, and these kinds of circuits seem to suit me best. My goal is to put on a good show for my family and friends that will be at the track to watch me. Hopefully, they’ll be able to cheer for me as I step onto the podium.”

Jones joins Cherry Hill’s Tom Hessert as the hometown favorites this weekend, with Hessert competing in Sunday’s South Jersey Building Trades 150 ARCA RE/MAX Series race.

The two young racers won’t be the only locals involved in this weekend’s race. The Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club will participate in the weekend’s on-track and off-track activities. Members from this and other area historic stock car groups will bring the historic stock cars, ranging from a 1937 Chevy that was raced at the nearby now-closed Vineland Speedway to a more recent NASCAR Sprint Cup car, the No. 29 driven by Kevin Harvick.

As a part of that celebration, legendary racers Elton Hildreth, Bob Rosell, Larry Voss, Sal Mochella, Gill Hearn, Bob Trout, and Carl Griner will be on hand to sign autographs and reminisce about their racing days, including the Vineland Speedway and other regional ovals and short tracks.

The final piece of the road racing activity during the South Jersey Building Trades 150 is the TEAM-DI Pro-IT Series. The Pro-IT series is a Sports Car Club of America sanctioned that welcomes rules and classes for a variety of sports cars. Over 50 cars are scheduled to put on the Pro-IT show during their doubleheader weekend.

Practice and qualifying for the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup and Pro-IT series will begin on Friday, September 11. The first of two weekend races for each of those series along with practice for the Vintage Stock Car Reunion will take on Saturday, September 12, and all three will race on Sunday.

The ARCA RE/MAX Series will practice and qualify on Saturday, September 12.

The South Jersey Building Trades 150 will cap the weekend at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Tickets for the South Jersey Building Trades 150 at New Jersey Motorsports Park are available at www.njmp.com or by calling 856-327-7217. Children 12 and under are admitted free to all events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

Sitting on over 500 acres in Millville, N.J., New Jersey Motorsports Park is conveniently located to Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore, New York and Baltimore, and offers diverse and dynamic motorsports attractions. The facility includes two world-class road courses (Thunderbolt and Lightning), an exclusive motorsports country club known as the Drivers Club, the Breighton Room Restaurant open to the general public, and F1 New Jersey, one of the top karting facilities in America. Opened in July 2008, New Jersey Motorsports Park hosts eight major motorsports events in 2009. The 2009 spectator schedule opened with the Verizon Wireless 250 presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16 in May, and also includes the Formula X weekend featuring the Atlantic Championship powered by Mazda and a host of Mazda-powered race series, as well as All Revved Up; the debut of the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) Pro Road Race Series, including the American Superbike class and the new Daytona Sportbike program; the return of the ARCA/ReMax Series as the only road course visit on the series schedule; a Ferrari Challenge event and the excitement of two separate Vintage race weekends.

For more information on New Jersey Motorsports Park, F1 New Jersey, Breighton Room, or to purchase tickets, visit www.njmp.com or call 856-327-7217. Children 12 and under are admitted free to every event at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

rthiele
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Great love the rain. Saturday sounds like tire lottery, just like last NARRC/MARRS weekend - looking forward to it!

dominojd
09-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Does anyone have a boat I can borrow for qualifying? :D

Terry Hanushek
09-12-2009, 09:20 PM
TeamDI Pro IT Round 6 Results
NJMP Thunderbolt

ITR

Robert Breault - 24 laps
Robert Nimkoff - 24 laps
Ben Phillips - 24 laps

ITS

Matt Rooke - 24 laps (overall winner)
Jon Allen - 24 laps
Rob Driscoll - 24 laps

ITA

Marc Cefalo - 24 laps
Jake Gulick - 22 laps
Tim Klvana - 20 laps

ITB

Raymond Blethen - 24 laps
Stephen Blethen - 23 laps
Dan Hall - 23 laps

ITC

Mike Allenbaugh - 21 laps

SM

Nick Leverone - 24 laps
David Kupferschmid - 24 laps
Chip Herr - 24 laps

Greatly improved weather brought lap times down and competiton up. The drying track rewarded proper tire selection.

Looking for a sunny race tomorrow

Terry

StephenB
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I think I can say that everyone is having a great time down here! Lot's of action on and OFF the track (no pun intended. With the Rain and drizzle it has been a very exciting weekend. Interesting to see the top 10 when it rains out :o

Here is a clip from Qualifying in the rain, came in 9th overall of the 50 car field, and second in class to my brother who qualified 6th! My dad was also ahead of me and 3rd in ITS (Congrats DAD, I know you lurk here! You have always rocked in the rain! To bad you blew the engine up making turn 1 VERY slick in qualifying!
PS: Nice Slide Mr Rooke :026:
http://www.vholdr.com/node/44289

The next clip below is the start of the race from 8th overall! It was action packed with sketchy conditions . The video includes a big first lap hit that caved in my door. It put me way off track to practice my skills in what made Audi famous... drifing in the grass and dirt! To bad it isn't AWD though! I was totally pissed at first but I have ZERO hard feelings, all it took was an imdediate apology in impound and hey we all make mistakes, my wife says my mistake is such an expensive hobby with all this risk!
http://www.vholdr.com/node/44309

Anyway those that picked Dries... very few. Made a wise choice as it dried up fast and left us on those rains searching for water just 10 minutes into the race. My brother picked dries for the front and rains in the rear, seemed to work very well for him! We had 1 full course yellow with Tim K going into the tire wall, not much damage thankfully! and lot's of passing and changing conditions.

Off to bed to do it all over in the AM, but in the dry!
Stephen Blethen
2008 TeamDI Pro-IT Series Champion!

RSTPerformance
09-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Having a great time in NJ!!! Will post some video soon... I think I ran most of the race around 5th overall with an ITB car!!! Great fun. The end of the race though the Dirt Stockers on the rear went away and I strugled to keep the car going in the forward position. Still hung on for a great win... I think I was just trying to get to the podium faster to see the new TeamDI ProIT girl!

Off to bed as well, need to be alert so I can watch out for the varying conditions on the track!

Raymond

Terry Hanushek
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
TeamDI Pro IT Round 7 Results
NJMP Thunderbolt

ITR

Bill Ball - 29 laps (new lap record 1:32.726)
Robert Nimkoff - 29 laps
Robert Thiele - 29 laps

ITS

Matt Rooke - 29 laps (overall winner) (new lap record 1:33.221)
Rob Driscoll - 29 laps
John Hainsworth - 29 laps

ITA

Tim Klvana - 28 laps
Marc Cefalo - 28 laps (new lap record 1:35.890)
Jake Gulick - 28 laps

ITB

Ken Hubbard - 28 laps
Raymond Blethen - 27 laps
Tim Mullen - 27 laps

ITC

Brian Heun - 25 laps

SM

Nick Leverone - 29 laps
Chris Kellett - 28 laps
Brian Cates - 28 laps

Overcast but DRY today. The track was fast (three new course records) and the competiton was great (MOV .281 seconds).

Terry

StephenB
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Back home and with a day of work behind me I have had a chance to reflect on a great weekend in NJ. It was cool to see the TDI Cup cars battle it out...
Didn't realize that at least 3 of the drivers had Dads that raced in the TeamDI Pro-IT series... and one of them won the TDI Cup race on Sunday :smilie_pokal:

Here is a few clips of the first 4 laps from 3 different Points Of View of the start of the Sunday TeamDI Pro-IT race.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44407 Stephens view of the first 4 laps with a Helmet Cam POV (Different POV but I think it gives a totally new and "real" experience.) To bad I just keep getting passed! It does show me leading the ITB race for a few seconds as my brother and I go side by side for the first 1/3 of the track... can't beleive I didn't push him a little harder!

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44409 Raymonds View of the first 4 laps with a Bumper Cam POV (up close to the action and gives a great sence of speed!)
SOME GREAT ACTION WITH THE ONE AND ONLY J GULICK!

http://www.vholdr.com/node/44417 Raymonds view of the same 4 laps only with a camera mounted under the rear wing facing backwards.

Stephen Blethen
#50 ITB Audi Coupe

lateapex911
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.vholdr.com/node/44409 Raymonds View of the first 4 laps with a Bumper Cam POV (up close to the action and gives a great sence of speed!)
SOME GREAT ACTION WITH THE ONE AND ONLY J GULICK!

Stephen Blethen
#50 ITB Audi Coupe

And I'm sure people are thankful for the one and only part! Not my best driving...I was SURE there was a car on my left several times. And I'd never driven that track dry. Thanks for sharing. At least the car shoots a flame now and then.

benspeed
09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Here's some in car footage - I made my very best effort to run give everybody extra room since I was coming up from the back. Run out of storage about 3/4 through. Some good Miata battle footage.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5988254/15568687

Some out of car footage - no, I don't think I'm winning any Emmy's - just trying to add some entertainment value :-)

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5981436/15552405

Cheers