PDA

View Full Version : When and where?

Streetwise guy
08-16-2009, 09:13 PM
A group of us frosty northerners are considering mounting an excursion next year to see whether we can keep on the same lap with you American types. :D If we wanted to hit a couple of events over two weeks, and Road America were one of the tracks thats a reasonable distance away (1200-ish miles) what sort of schedule and second track would fit? We are coming from Saskatchewan. Thats the big rectangle north of North Dakota.:cool:

Our IT2 cars sanctioned by WCMA (Western Canada Motorsports Association) are basically SCCA ITA cars. Our licences are accepted by SCCA, so I don't think there should be too many legal/procedural issues with us running there.

Suggestions? Advice?

lateapex911
08-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Awesome idea. I'd think that two of the neatest tracks in the US that are near you (sorta!) are Road America, and Mid Ohio. And since the IT-Fest is one of the three "big" IT races each season, I might try to hit that, and a regional at RA either on the way, or on the return.

If the events are spread apart, leaving a rig could be an option, I bet. Maybe off peak flights could be found cheap. (in the grand scheme of things) Neat idea.