PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Restrictor Removal

Bill Umstead
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I have an 88 model FC RX7 that started life as a SS car so the fuel fill line still has the unleaded fuel restrictor plate installed. I am planning on running the 3 hr enduro at WGI in October and would like to remove this obstruction.

Can any one advise on the steps to do so?

TIA

Bill Umstead
RX7 ITS 99

C. Ludwig
08-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Remove the piece from the car and go at it with a die grinder, small cutoff wheels, a torch, drill, Roto-zip, hammer and chisel or any of your favorite assortment of tools?

JoshS
08-16-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd like to do the same because I do one 4-hour enduro every year and that thing makes refueling suck, but ... is it legal to do this in IT?

joeracerx95
08-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I'd like to do the same because I do one 4-hour enduro every year and that thing makes refueling suck, but ... is it legal to do this in IT?

Of course not.

But it has absolutely no affect on any aspect of IT performance so only a d!(k would oppose it. Meaning, someone will, in the interest of maintaining the purity of the class. :)

lateapex911
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
It is used to restrict the type of fuel to unleaded. Unleaded fuel is used to aid in emission control. Therefor, it is an emissions control device, and is legal for removal.

CRallo
08-16-2009, 11:29 AM
It is used to restrict the type of fuel to unleaded. Unleaded fuel is used to aid in emission control. Therefor, it is an emissions control device, and is legal for removal.

nice... :D