PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day MARRS Registration Open

erlrich
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Registration for the Labor Day MARRS races is now open. Back to a 2-sanction event now, you can choose to run either one, or both races. I see they've changed the format from prior years; there will now be a morning qualifying session and an afternoon sprint race (13 laps) both Saturday and Sunday, and then a 20-lap feature race on Monday. The best lap time from either of the Sunday sessions will set the field for Monday's race.

Interesting...for those who haven't done this event before, in prior years the format was two qualifying sessions on Saturday with 16-lap races Sunday and Monday. With the new format drivers will now get 3 races for a total of 46 laps of racing versus 2 races totaling 32 laps...not bad at all. And all for $355.

gran racing
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting this Earl.

erlrich
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Just a quick update: as of this morning, we had 22 ITA, 19 ITB, and 16 ITS cars coming out to play; we even have half a dozen of those nasty IT7s. If you want to get in on the fun registration closes at noon tomorrow (Wed), so don't wait too long.

As of now the weather man is calling for sun all weekend and temps in the low 60s at night, low 80s during the day time - sounds like a perfect weekend for racing!

lateapex911
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Just a quick update: as of this morning, we had 22 ITA, 19 ITB, and 16 ITS cars coming out to play; we even have half a dozen of those nasty IT7s. If you want to get in on the fun registration closes at noon tomorrow (Wed), so don't wait too long.

As of now the weather man is calling for sun all weekend and temps in the low 60s at night, low 80s during the day time - sounds like a perfect weekend for racing!

Hey, I resemble that remark! I assume they're "nasty" because they aren't always in back of you as they should be, eh? ;)

gran racing
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Or is it the way they sound or smell? I'll let you decide if I'm refering the the RX7s or the drivers. :D

erlrich
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Or is it the way they sound or smell? I'll let you decide if I'm refering the the RX7s or the drivers. :D

Smell could go either way :shrug: but I was more thinking about the ear-splitting, flame-belching, gas-spewing beasts we have come to know and love :p

And yeah Jake, you hit the nail on the head - those little buggers always seem to find a way to get in front of me at the worst possible time. Guess I'll just have to try and lap them before I get to the carousel from now on :D

lateapex911
09-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Smell could go either way :shrug: but I was more thinking about the ear-splitting, flame-belching, gas-spewing beasts we have come to know and love :p

And yeah Jake, you hit the nail on the head - those little buggers always seem to find a way to get in front of me at the worst possible time. Guess I'll just have to try and lap them before I get to the carousel from now on :D

hey, I TRIED to stay out of your way. ;)