PDA

View Full Version : RAL Regional

almracing
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I am looking at the sign-up for the RAL regional and getting confused. The NESCCA site shows that the Sunday event is canceled. But the Supps show racing on Sunday morning.

Can anyone in the know clarify?

The transmission is back in the car... and since I did not put it together this time, it should shift. :blink:

dickita15
08-08-2009, 10:16 PM
race is sunday morning, enduro sunday afternoon.

almracing
08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Dick - Thanks! See you there.

JLawton
08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
My money is on YOU, Anthony!! Show 'em what ya got!!

almracing
08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeff... looks like I could be guaranteed to bring home hardware. There are only 3 ITA pre-registered right now. :o

Where is everyone?

nlevine
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Where is everyone?

I'm chasing after a 2 1/2 year-old.. I'd love to be there, but family birthday and preschool orientation schedules are conspiring against me. Still hoping for September..

Doc Bro
08-11-2009, 04:15 PM
So what are you saying Noam the Z's for sale????

R

nlevine
08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
So what are you saying Noam the Z's for sale????

R

Not at all.. just saying I haven't had the time to even un-bury the car from under the mound of stuff in the garage due to our son's arrival and the turmoil a new family member can provide. I'll still be racing as time and funding allow..

Doc Bro
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Glad to hear it. I was getting nervous......

R

biovic
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Was originally hoping to do the RAL, but not sure I will get my act together. The rebuilt shock is expected back next week, and still have to diagnose the clunking. It's been a busy year with the new family member, major yard project and pending job uncertainty.
I may possibly come up to crew, and I plan on making it up for the Sept race weekend.

Victor
Integra, 03 ITA

rhygin
08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Is the registration site updating correctly? I do have trouble believing that there are only 4 SSM, 4 SRF, 3 ITA. True we are 2 plus weeks out...
Brad

lateapex911
08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
If you're like me, and like different racetracks (other than going to say, just your 'home' track) there are just tooo many races.

Andy Bettencourt
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Lemme see....single NERRC points, no NARRC points and no enduro car. But I was told this event can stand on it's own.

lawtonglenn
08-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Sanction # 09-R-764-S

25. Points - NERRC points will be awarded for both the
Saturday qualifying race and Sunday’s sanctioned race.

Andy Bettencourt
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
OK, let me edit. NO NARRC points. :) Plus there is a double NARRC event at NHMS just one month away and the Runoffs soon thereafter. So many events...so few people who do more than 5 races.

dickita15
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
August has always been NER’s weakest regional of the season but this year it looks pretty grim. NER does not cancel events so if it is really this low a count I would expect combined groups and tons of track time.

Andy Bettencourt
08-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Go track time!!!! Nice!!!

ner88
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
How much track time do you want?
RAL has practice/qual., Qual races on Saturday and RAces on Sunday AM for a total of 69 minutes for $295.
Enduro is 3 hours plus 1/2 hour practice for only $200.?
Andy you don't have an enduro car? Just pick one from the pile.........
AND someone please tell me who is chasing NARRC points?

nlevine
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
August has always been NER’s weakest regional of the season but this year it looks pretty grim.

It's a shame, too.. I remember when RAL was a "must do" weekend, just like Pig Roast used to be. The removal of NARRC points from these events hasn't helped what used to be sort of special "signature" events for the region.

I seem to remember extra points (or some sort of recognition) for folks who competed in more than one RAL event, rules that said Club Racers could not be considered Solo novices unless they showed complete incompetence, and a cool in-the-dark lap of NHIS as the last leg of the TSD rally (I was navigating, with my now-wife driving)..

Then again, I also remember full fields of regional Showroom Stock cars (all running factory brakes), but I can't keep dwelling on the past..

StephenB
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
It's a shame, too.. I remember when RAL was a "must do" weekend, just like Pig Roast used to be. The removal of NARRC points from these events hasn't helped what used to be sort of special "signature" events for the region.

I seem to remember extra points (or some sort of recognition) for folks who competed in more than one RAL event, rules that said Club Racers could not be considered Solo novices unless they showed complete incompetence, and a cool in-the-dark lap of NHIS as the last leg of the TSD rally (I was navigating, with my now-wife driving)..

Then again, I also remember full fields of regional Showroom Stock cars (all running factory brakes), but I can't keep dwelling in the past..

I think combining all this together again like they used to would kick butt and make it an awesome weekend. Package it as 1 entry fee for those that are interested and get the people to show to a very unique weekend. The dog track is very close by as well so we could easily combine the rally cross as well! I used to LOVE doing this TSD with crew members back in the day!

If I was king I would make a NER RAL Champion Trophy. I would make it huge and crazy big, and have cover shot of the next pit talk. I would make it 1 entry for the Autocross, rallycross, TSD, Enduro, and sprint race. Combine points for all 5 events and make it happen! Logistically it might get complicated but it could happen! Oh ya $350 to $400 bucks for all of it! Then the following year have an article similar to what the SCCA runnoffs do where they predict the winner... just to draw more attention to it!

Stephen

PS: I also think at this point noone extra will enter. It costs $50 bucks more at this point and all that were interested probably have entered. Personally I am suprised that in this economy and current car counts we are still doing late fees, but in reality I think most people are planning ahead and would have entered so the late fee isn't actually "Hurting" entries.

Doc Bro
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
PS: I also think at this point noone extra will enter. It costs $50 bucks more at this point and all that were interested probably have entered. Personally I am suprised that in this economy and current car counts we are still doing late fees, but in reality I think most people are planning ahead and would have entered so the late fee isn't actually "Hurting" entries.

Stephen,

That has to be a missprint in the supps. How would the "late fee" kick in the 25th of July when the race is the 30th of August? Seems rediculous to me. Someone must've missed that.

R

Andy Bettencourt
08-14-2009, 09:45 AM
We all know the NER events at NHMS provide excellent value. If entries are down, there has to be a reason. I submit it's a combination of:

1. Non NARRC race. Most people may not be chasing NARRC points but they still may be interested in racing against guys who populate those events.
2. Enduro. Limited (but intense) market of drivers
3. Later in the season...budgets low, cars need fixin'
4. Too many events. This will be about the 10th event this year. 3 more still to go.

Send a survey to those drivers who ran Pig Roast who don't come to this. That takes the 'phantom' NARRC issue out of it. There is a reason Jerry. You just have to figure out why. LESS EVENTS! But we all know this already.

rhygin
08-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I will likely be a last minute decsion (nothing new...), but my $.02 would be to have a longer race with some consolidation of run groups.

Any open enduro seats?
Brad

StephenB
08-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I think NER should create new run groups, restructure the schedule, eliminate the late entry fee and post on every forum and e-mail every driver they have an e-mail for with the new schedule/groupings that show a TON of track time if they want it for the same entry fee! The trophies have been purchased, the track has been rented, and the majority of the entries are already registered. Now is the time for our region to pro-activly react and not wait until after to reflect on what coulda or what shoulda been.

If this was my business I was running I would be doing drastic things to try and improve / recover my losses if I could. Just waiting for the event to happen and or entries to populate will not get more people to show up. If NER can afford to only have this many entries then no big deal and forget everything I said.

My concern for NER is that they probably can't do any of this because their hands are tied by the sanction number and supps as they were written and approved.

Since I am not really involved behind the scenes and I don't know what actually happens and how the procedures work I can't really provide anything other than "what I would do in my imaginary world" :)

I will actually be going up supporting my friend Tim who is taking advantage of the short travel and reduced travel costs. He is hoping to get signed off on his novice permit this weekend :happy204: Another driver recruit for our club that NER has gained for years to come! The only reason I am not running is actually the maint. costs to run my car... tires, brakes and normal wear and tear are to much for me to absorb at this time.

ner88
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Stephen
It's not a late entry fee. We have a few decated registration workers who spend a ton of time preparing for each event. All early entries are pre done and ready at T&S on Friday evening. All racers who arrive at the track and then decide to enter create a lot of extra work for both registration and T&S. Everyone is encouraged to pre enter with NO penality for not running.
We NER offer the most track time for the least amount of money in the Northeast.
I'm happy with the amount of track time I get!
As far as consolidating race groups, great idea, just not mine! I have been running with the production and GTL guys this season in my SSM and it SUCKS! Not their fault or mine, it's just not fun racing! Consolidation will send entries away over time.

lawtonglenn
08-14-2009, 09:09 PM
...pro-actively react...

running for political office Stephen? :)

StephenB
08-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Jerry can you please confirm if it was a misprint for the late entry fee in the supps. It states anyone who did online registration after 7/25. That means that EVERY person that registered for this event is paying the $50 late fee and 2 people running the enduro with co drivers are paying a $100 late fee.

My friend Tim is considering running the regional and did register but didn't notice the $50 late fee when registering. He has also asked me to co-drive in the enduro and I may consider it if this was a misprint. If the $100 late fee is true we will not be.

Thanks for clarifying.

Stephen Blethen

PS the other RAL events this weekend have late fees after Aug 24th.

StephenB
08-15-2009, 05:10 PM
running for political office Stephen? :)

HEHE my wife has her masters in reading and writing and will not even consider looking at anything I have written... She goes into meltdown!

Stephen Blethen

ner88
08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
regular fee date will be the same for both.
If you think you may be running the enduro enter, no charge if you don't.
Personally I would not charge any additional fee for last minute entrys for the enduro.

dickita15
08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Just to be absolutely clear. The early discount (ie, late fee) deadline is the Tuesday before the event.
Yes there is a typo in the supps.
The 3 hour enduro at $200 is a way super deal. I see a GTL car entered and my guess is it is a test session before they tow to Road America. $200 for 3 hours (plus qualifying) on a weekend. no time off from work, wow.
I remember one year Fred White entered for the track time, ran about an hour, went back to the paddock fueled the car, had a ham and cheese sandwich then buckeled in and ran another hour.

Andy Bettencourt
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
The 3 hour enduro at $200 is a way super deal. I see a GTL car entered and my guess is it is a test session before they tow to Road America. $200 for 3 hours (plus qualifying) on a weekend. no time off from work, wow.
I remember one year Fred White entered for the track time, ran about an hour, went back to the paddock fueled the car, had a ham and cheese sandwich then buckeled in and ran another hour.

Has the EVER been a better deal on track time than that? Seriously. If you want to learn run NHMS, that is a steal!

rhygin
08-16-2009, 04:02 PM
hmmmm.... diggin the Fred White idea.... hmmmm

StephenB
08-16-2009, 09:18 PM
PERFECT!!! Thanks everyone for clarifying it! It was still a good deal but you all just saved me and my buddy tim $150 bucks :happy204:

I am still trying to convince the wife that we have this money just lying around... :shrug:

I hope to see you on track!
Stephen

RSTPerformance
08-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Any thoughts on combining all IT cars... Looks like this weekend is a FV and SM/SSM show... Let's see all the IT cars together and have a fun race!!!

Raymond

ner88
08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Talk to the Chief Stewart, it's his call!
Sorry, her call!

Racer Chris
08-31-2009, 01:47 PM
I have been running with the production and GTL guys this season in my SSM and it SUCKS! Not their fault or mine, it's just not fun racing!
I thought it was fun racing with SSM this weekend Jerry. :)
Woulda not been fun if you backed into me during your spin on lap 1 Saturday though. :eek:

Andy Bettencourt
08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
How about an IT recap from both days?

Racer Chris
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Saturday's Group 7 race, featuring the best (& worst) moments of any Miatas that were ahead of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNJ5nEqxHU

Raceman77
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Well the RAL weekend was good. I want to thank all the course workers and emergency personal for all they do for us to race. Thanks for taking care of me after my wreck I had. I would like to say to all racers if you do not have a HANS or any type of head and neck restraint get one. I always had said that I hoped it was the worst $900 that I would spend on racing. For those who saw my car IT7 81 I am fine. No neck pain nothing. Again thanks to the workers and emergecy people that do this fo us every weekend.

JB Swan
IT7 81

lateapex911
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
what happened?

Raceman77
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
went into 1 the backend let go. was sliding toward 2. There was another car ITS not sure of the number had also spun was sitting there. I looked was not hoing to hit him and if i was going to it would have been very light. Before i got to him I got hit in the fron which turned me striaght into the car sitting there. my right front nose into his left front tire and the my right rear and his left rear.

lateapex911
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
That sucks! Glad you're ok. Between Dick, Dave, Dan and myself, we have a lot of parts. Don't hesitate to ask for an inventory list when you start putting it back together. If it's really twisted, there are a few for sale.

Raceman77
08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes it does suck. Been having a pretty good year for my first year. It is a right off. To twisted to fix.

lateapex911
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Thats too bad. I bet there's a chassis out there with your name on it somewhere. Bigger, better, faster!

Raceman77
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes I am going to get one this weekend. Hopefully be ready for cheap date weekend

FastM3
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Glad you are OK JB. That was an unfortunate accident.

What a weekend. The club put on a Great Event. Thanks to all involved. Lots of driving time for a great price. Special THANKS to all the corner workers. And the racers that worked in flagging rather than racing. Thanks Chris.

The Kogan clan had terrific results. Linda had three 3rd's in ITA. The rain on Saturday actually was a lot of fun.

I managed a 4th, 2cnd and then a 5th for Sunday in the dry in SM. So I guess I like the rain. I learned a lot. Especially following Jimmy Locke in the rain. Thanks Jimmy.

I never worked so hard as in the Saturday afternoon race holding off Alex K. Thanks for a good clean race. Great Job ! Sorry you hit the wall on Sunday.

The Enduro turned out to be lots of fun. We pre-registered and teched for it, but did not know if we were going to run until a about an hour before it but what the heck, more track time and our car was running well. So we were totally not prepared, but we had lots of good support. Thanks everyone. Linda started and hung on for an hour and 10 mins so that we could do one stop only. We had a great stop but the car refused to start. Got a push but still no fire. Then the guys checked the battery and found a loose connection. It finally fired and off we went. Probably lost about a lap.

One thing I can say about the Enduro. I witnessed some crazy stupid driving for a 3 hour Enduro. Saw several situations that could have led to heavy crashes especially in the oval from some people that should have known better.

Anyway ... GREAT WEEKEND and home all safe and sound. Underware notwithstanding. :o