PDA

View Full Version : GT1/T1 question...I think

BruceG
08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Anyone know where a Howe chassis'ed roadster, fiberglass bodied with a 350ci/T10 tranny would run? I'm thinking T1 but don't know. Perhaps I could sneak it into ITA as the next gen RX7....LOL:shrug:

mossaidis
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone know where a Howe chassis'ed roadster, fiberglass bodied with a 350ci/T10 tranny would run? I'm thinking T1 but don't know. Perhaps I could sneak it into ITA as the next gen RX7....LOL:shrug:

Sounds exotic - like dancers - fiberglass body? non-mass production chassis? -> SPO or GT

Greg Amy
08-07-2009, 04:18 PM
T1? As in Touring? No way, dood; Touring cars are production-based, whereas a Howe chassis is a tube-frame. That's a GT car, all the way, likely GT-1...as in, you'll be racing against Trans-Am-type cars...best to read the rules carefully before you start building.

If you're OK with racing regionals only, SPO is its home, but you need to get a copy of the locals rules, first.

- GA

BruceG
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
T1? As in Touring? No way, dood; Touring cars are production-based, whereas a Howe chassis is a tube-frame. That's a GT car, all the way, likely GT-1...as in, you'll be racing against Trans-Am-type cars...best to read the rules carefully before you start building.

If you're OK with racing regionals only, SPO is its home, but you need to get a copy of the locals rules, first.

- GA

SPO it is, then Greg....I just bought the Howe chassis'ed roadster on page 90 of the new issue of Sports Car. If nothing else, will be a great track day car.

CRallo
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM
looks like fun!

wait, you bought it and you don't even know what class(es) it fits into?! ;):D

Greg Amy
08-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Looks like a fun ride...and a bargain to boot!

If you really want to blow some minds, try entering it in ASR...that should actually blow up a few computers...

BruceG
08-08-2009, 07:16 AM
looks like fun!

wait, you bought it and you don't even know what class(es) it fits into?! ;):D

Chris...Look at the picture on page 90 of the current issue of Sports Car....wouldn't you buy it,too not knowing what class it runs in....LOL. Greg says put it in ASR......way cool idea!

BruceG
08-08-2009, 07:20 AM

If you really want to blow some minds, try entering it in ASR...that should actually blow up a few computers...

Hi Greg...way cool idea you had with ASR. Actually, the really cool thing is if you go to howeracing.com. It's a Howe chassis and they have everything anyone would ever need to race, starting with fiberglass body parts, suspension,brakes,instrument panels, blah,blah. Teh, go to V8stockcars.com and look at all the roadracing NASCAR guys and their stuff.

I still thingk it belongs in FP as the new gen Miata!!

BruceG
08-08-2009, 08:01 AM

Greg...Is there a SPU class in NER?

CRallo
08-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Greg...Is there a SPU class in NER?

does that mean no one else can't answer? ;)

DoubleXL240Z
08-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!
I was going to call on that car today!!!
Good score by the looks of it!!

BruceG
08-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Over to you, Chris....LOL

BruceG
08-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!Dang it! Dang it!!
I was going to call on that car today!!!
Good score by the looks of it!!

Hi Chris...Saw it last month and decided this time that it looked too good to get away!

BruceG
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Guess I meant SPO not SPU. Good news is there was only one car in SPO last weekend at LRP! Podium finish every time....yee haw....LOL

jmracer17
08-08-2009, 03:12 PM
great buy! if i remember right, he ran some cfr stuff a couple years back. sweet car!

BruceG
08-08-2009, 03:33 PM
great buy! if i remember right, he ran some cfr stuff a couple years back. sweet car!

Thanks, James....I'll post some pictures shortly. He has a new car with Cadillac CTS panels on it(V8,tube frame,like this one).

CRallo
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Over to you, Chris....LOL

okay :D

well, you fixed half what I was gonna say and it seems you've answered your own question now... It def would be SPO (not U) and yes we have it in the NE and its one them new fangled "catch alls" so almost anything goes, but it might need fenders...

Two is the most I've seen at any event this year... and I beat one of them with the 240 :D (he broke something)

BruceG
08-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Chris...Got fenders...I'll post some pictures.

bosco
08-12-2009, 08:03 AM
The Howe chassis car described raced with us in V8 StockCar driven by Ed Griesemeyer in SPO.

There are PLENTY of Howe, Port City, Hamke, Hess, Lefthander etc
perimeter stock car chassis out there that easily convert to road racing and they are CHEAP!

These types without question the fastest, best bang for the buck
GT-1/SPO car you can buy/build for the money.

For example this past weekend at Daytona, Charles Wicht turned
1:52's on Friday test day in his ex SouthWest tour Monte Carlo (Has wing and 16" wheels and lots of hp)........Vs Doug Harrington, good driver in Rocketsports C6 Corvette....1:52.

Could have been a great race on saturday but Charles suffered motor problems.

One of the faster GT-1 cars in the country is Jeff Emery's Port City MonteCarlo........1.23 Road Atlanta, 1:08.0 Roebling,
2:03 Sebring Long etc.

How about Scott Lagasse Jr and Tony Amico running 1:58's at Daytona last week with GTA cars, that is quick!

A friend bought a VERY NICE perimeter frame, Nascar Late model roller recently for 3500. This is essentially the same thing as the SouthWest tour road race cars.

The replacement parts by Howe, Port City and others is way cheap, fantastic Brembo, Alcon, AP brakes available from Nascar country at about 20 cents on the dollar. etc.

When you feel the need for 180 mph, this is by far the cheapest way to do it.

Questions?..............bosco022022@yahoodotcom

Bosco Logsdon
V8StockCar.com

BruceG
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Bosco...color me a hugh fan of V8stockcar.com! It is Ed's car and I will have a zillion questions down the road. Thanks again!!

Bryce

joeg
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Is the chassis DOM?

BruceG
08-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Is the chassis DOM?

Help! Joe what does the term mean?

joeg
08-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Tubing being Drawn Over Mandrel (as opposed to ERW tubing).