PDA

View Full Version : Day After Double Regional Aug. 23rd @ Nelson Ledges

jay05
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Lets get signed-up. $150 for 3 races in 1 day. That's what you would pay for a track day.
http://www.dlbracing.com (http://www.dlbracing.com/)

Ryan, don't worry about fixing your car. We won't be racing on Saturday, so we have all day to do so.

ITA_honda
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Im in.
just sent my entry in yesterday

cjb25hs
08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm also in. Now I just have to get the struts back from Truechoice, everything installed, corner balance and alignment. Hopefully should be ok.

ITA_honda
08-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm also in. Now I just have to get the struts back from Truechoice, everything installed, corner balance and alignment. Hopefully should be ok.

:happy204:

jay05
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Is ITC going to be the largest field?

ITA_honda
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Is ITC going to be the largest field?

Jay- do you know what the entry list looks like thus far?

jumbojimbo
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Group 1 CSR, DSR, S2000, SRF, ASR 4
Group 2 F500, FF, FV, CFF, FST 3
Group 3 EP, FP, GTL, HP, LC, SPU, ITA, IT-7 7
Group 4 FA, FC, FM, CFC, FS, FB, FE 1
Group 5 SM, SSB, SSC, T3, ITB, ITC 9
Group 6 AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2, SP, ITE, ITS, ST, ITR, STO, STU 2

Don't know if they are entering paper entries online but 26 total, 5 ITC cars, next largest class are SM and ITA with 3 each. Isn't it about time we killed ITC?

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=4026&LMID=699

Man, if that doesn't format right it's going to look like cr3p. Yep, it looks like cr4p.

ITA_honda
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Group 1 CSR, DSR, S2000, SRF, ASR 4
Group 2 F500, FF, FV, CFF, FST 3
Group 3 EP, FP, GTL, HP, LC, SPU, ITA, IT-7 7
Group 4 FA, FC, FM, CFC, FS, FB, FE 1
Group 5 SM, SSB, SSC, T3, ITB, ITC 9
Group 6 AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2, SP, ITE, ITS, ST, ITR, STO, STU 2

Don't know if they are entering paper entries online but 26 total, 5 ITC cars, next largest class are SM and ITA with 3 each. Isn't it about time we killed ITC?

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=4026&LMID=699

Man, if that doesn't format right it's going to look like cr3p. Yep, it looks like cr4p.

thanks Jim!!!!
ITC is by far the largest group!

jay05
08-13-2009, 10:41 AM
33 total.

cjb25hs
08-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Looks like it is going to be a close race between ITC and ITA for overall entries.

ITA_honda
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Looks like it is going to be a close race between ITC and ITA for overall entries.

Pretty much.
ITC and ITA always have the largest groups at Nelson Ledges.

jumbojimbo
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Up to 40 entries:
ITS - 1
ITA - 5
ITB - 1
ITC - 9
IT7 - 2

Suggestion for next year: qualifying race grid positions based on random draw as of 7/15. Later entries grid by entry date.

boywonder
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I just registered.

ITA_honda
08-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I just registered.

+1 for ITC please

LOL:D

Bryan KF8G
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Looks like there's 50 plus now!!! And don't listen to the rumors that the weekend was canceled. I don't know where that started, but there was even one that the June Sprints weren't going to happen. Someone out there is trying to hurt other race weekends.

ITA_honda
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks like there's 50 plus now!!! And don't listen to the rumors that the weekend was canceled. I don't know where that started, but there was even one that the June Sprints weren't going to happen. Someone out there is trying to hurt other race weekends.

June Sprints a no go?
HAHAHA. thats funny.
The biggest national weekend in the USA (except the runoffs) cancelled? yeah right.
Now that def. was a rumor..

jumbojimbo
08-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Dining suggestions in Newton Falls? My mom is staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We're going to try to meet up with her for dinner on Saturday on the way in.

Last year we had dinner at some Italian place in downtown NF. It was decent enough. Warren is out of our way so we're pretty much limited to Newton. Any suggestions?

Or I suppose there is that crazy ice cream place on 422 where the one guy makes everything from hot dogs to stuffed shrimp to prime rib to curried chicken.

RacerBill
08-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Jim: It's out of the was, unless you go straight from the track, but I recommend jd's Post House in Parkman (Google it). Sharon and I ate there when I took my schools and we ate there again this April. Great food, great prices, what more could you want except right next to the hotel.

jumbojimbo
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Video of the first 5 or so minutes of the second race for group 5. Some nice video of Jay and Bill battling for the ITC lead. Then the battery ran out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIJ-IgSaTT8

jay05
08-25-2009, 09:09 PM
What were the thumbs up for while Bill and I were side-by-side? The fact that a Honder was going to pass a VDub. Too bad you didn't get my failure to keep it on the track at T13 on the last lap and losing by something like .010. I suck!

jumbojimbo
08-25-2009, 10:51 PM
I think the thumbs up was for the combination of seeing a good race in front of me, plus you two were slowing each other down and giving me a chance to keep up. Win-Win.

I'm really disapointed I didn't get video of Bill being pushed off the track on the straight. That was spectacular. And your last corner fail...

joeg
08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Neat tape and Jason you ran great!

BTW, I really liked the driveway markers lining the track left up from the 12 hour.

Cheers.

cjb25hs
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Neat tape and Jason you ran great!

BTW, I really liked the driveway markers lining the track left up from the 12 hour.

Cheers.

I liked those as well, especially running the night stint in the 12hrs. Of course I took at least one of the outside markers out in 12 making a pass on the GT-L car.

jay05
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I really liked the driveway markers lining the track left up from the 12 hour.

Cheers.

I remember seeing a couple of those markers flying through the air at T4.

Bryan KF8G
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
That sure was a fun day of racing. I had three and four cars battles in both the races and made some new racing friends. And the 12 hour was a lot of fun to watch. Plan on this event for next year!!!

Racers10
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Jason, great races both sessions. I just had to pull for Bill :shrug: since you do drive one of the evil VW ( goes back to Deb and Dave Hammer he has the most evil VW)
It was one great race and I am sure you won't forget it soon

And Kudos to Greg V ITA Honda for a white knuckle run with the Del Sol and yellow Civic............you rule!!!!

Bryan was not bored either....does running that close to a Neon leave a rash??

Great weekend great racers

Maurice

ITA_honda
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Jason, great races both sessions. I just had to pull for Bill :shrug: since you do drive one of the evil VW ( goes back to Deb and Dave Hammer he has the most evil VW)
It was one great race and I am sure you won't forget it soon

And Kudos to Greg V ITA Honda for a white knuckle run with the Del Sol and yellow Civic............you rule!!!!

Bryan was not bored either....does running that close to a Neon leave a rash??

Great weekend great racers

Maurice

Thats Maurice. It was a heck of a weekend. i wasnt bored thats for sure. There were a lot of good battles this weekend and kudos to Jason for finally beating Billy. haha.
Loved the format this weekend also!

jay05
08-26-2009, 02:15 PM
What was great about this weekend is that any one of the four of us could have won. Race 1 Jim R. had a great run going hounding me in 12 & 13 every lap. Race 2 Jim H. was right there waiting for Bill and I to slip up. It's just great have such close competition and being able to go side-by-side lap after lap without having to worry about having any contact, then sitting around the fire over a couple tasty beverages helping each other go faster. I have to personally thank Bill for helping me out this year. Any time I had a question on what line to take, setup, or anything. He was more than willing to help me out even though it would possible make me faster or give me a chance to get buy him. He, like the rest of us in the ITC Compound, just want to have fun out there weather it for 6th or 1st. Looking forward to do it all over again at MO in less than 2 weeks.

ITA_honda
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
What was great about this weekend is that any one of the four of us could have won. Race 1 Jim R. had a great run going hounding me in 12 & 13 every lap. Race 2 Jim H. was right there waiting for Bill and I to slip up. It's just great have such close competition and being able to go side-by-side lap after lap without having to worry about having any contact, then sitting around the fire over a couple tasty beverages helping each other go faster. I have to personally thank Bill for helping me out this year. Any time I had a question on what line to take, setup, or anything. He was more than willing to help me out even though it would possible make me faster or give me a chance to get buy him. He, like the rest of us in the ITC Compound, just want to have fun out there weather it for 6th or 1st. Looking forward to do it all over again at MO in less than 2 weeks.

Its always good to see you ITC boys together all the time. Thats what makes club racing so enjoyable. You guys put on a heck of a show, and then laugh about it around the Jacko motorhome with Mrs. Jacko making sure you have enough to eat and drink.
She even invites the occasional ITA driver to come on over. :blink: Wonder who that could be? haha

Jim Royal
08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
+1 for a great weekend. The Jacko compound always seems to be ground zero for a good time on or off track. I was just happy to see the back of the yellow CRX and the one and only Jetta for the first time this year! See you all in a week or so.

jay05
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Here's the video of my fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luBL_sbP4ZE

cjb25hs
08-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Anybody have any insight as to when the results will be up?:shrug:

ITA_honda
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I liked those as well, especially running the night stint in the 12hrs. Of course I took at least one of the outside markers out in 12 making a pass on the GT-L car.

Yeah - I loved having those markers there. Loved flying past them coming up to 12. 3-2-1... TURN! lol

cjb25hs
09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
results are up on mylaps:happy204:

jumbojimbo
09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Here is some video of the surprisingly exciting white flag in race 1 group 5. I really didn't see the yellow on lap 2, I must have been blocked by the CRX because I remember wondering how the corner workers missed seeing the mustang in the tire. My bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_kTgILxNV0