PDA

View Full Version : How can I legally get front camber on my ITS Civic?

civic44
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I've just installed a camber kit on my 2000 Civic Si as it is legal to do so in the relatively open classes we have in Quebec and Ontario (bracket racing). The front end hooks up much better now.

My understanding is that this is illegal in IT. What other way is there for me to get negative camber up front with my Civic? I don't think I can lower the car any more without going under the minimum ground clearance and I was told that shims can only get you positive camber on my car. Any ideas?

Thanks!

frnkhous
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
ecentric bushing for the lower control arm or the upper arms can be made

Make sure you read the rules.. the measurement is to the rocker, not the plastic cover and not the pinch weld

joeg
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
frame shop...oops

JohnRW
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Are camber plates not appropriate for Civics ? They're certainly legal in IT.

Ed Funk
08-07-2009, 07:39 AM
^^^ This is not a strut car.

R2 Racing
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM
If you have the means to gather a bunch of different knuckles for that car, you'll be surprised to learn just how much variance is in one versus the other in how much negative camber gain it'll give you. I actually bring two sets of knuckles with me to the track because one set gives so much camber, and the other gives slightly more. Yeah, it's a pain, but welcome to running a independent suspension car in IT.

iambhooper
08-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I actually bring two sets of knuckles with me to the track because one set gives so much camber, and the other gives slightly more. Yeah, it's a pain, but welcome to running a independent suspension car in IT.

Yep, that sound's like a pain... a lot of work. Which car are you doing that on?

+1 for camber plates and excentric bushings. what tires are you using? some brand's don't recomend a lot of excess camber.

hoop

Xian
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Camber plates aren't an option and eccentric bushings have been known to slip mid-race. Personally, I like the idea of just swapping uprights. It probably doesn't take much longer than adjusting and measuring/remeasuring camber via eccentric bushings.