PDA

View Full Version : Elumaboards for VIR 13 hour

kingrat
07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I noticed the 2009 supps include the requirement for the ELumaboard. Im trying to gauge competitor needs this year, as we need to order some parts to make up the kits. Our lead times for some components are long.

I think most teams have already bought kits either last year or the year before but
Please let me know if:

a.) you are attending and will need to buy a kit
b.) you have any components that need to be replaced or repaired.

As always we will be there early on the Friday to help anyone who is having a problem with their kits. Note: we try to keep the cost of replacement parts as low as possible.

thanks
Alex.
king RAT Motorsports LLC
www.kingratmotorsports.com (http://www.kingratmotorsports.com)

email:

alex "at" Kingratmotorsports.com
540 955 9696

Knestis
07-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I was skeptical - read, "annoyed" - when this rule went into effect but have to say that I've been pretty pleased with the outcome of the implementation over time.

We mount our boards inside the rear side windows, the thought being that they are out of harm's way. That said, I've seen some take some pretty mighty abuse and keep glowing. And Alex and the RAT folks are really easy to work with...

K

callard
07-29-2009, 01:39 PM
+.75 on what Kirk said. I loved them from the beginning. I mounted mine on the outside of the rear windows with duct tape and haven't had any problems.
Think about where you are going to get power for them. I wired mine to the Master Kill switch and scared the hell out of myself one night when I walked into the garage and saw an eerie glow from under the car cover. :o Ghost?? Fire?? Stroke??
Takes a while for them to drain your battery......
Chuck