PDA

View Full Version : road atlanta ita

sedivracer
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Did anyone else see the ITA e30 BMW that was outrunnig ITS and ITR cars on the straights last weekend? :017:

RexRacer19
07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
What were his lap times? What is the lap record? :shrug:

lateapex911
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Did anyone else see the ITA e30 BMW that was outrunnig ITS and ITR cars on the straights last weekend? :017:

And you are suggesting the car, driven by Chuck Badder is....?????

Do you know anything about the car? The size of teh engine? The power curve? The torque to the wheels? The gearing?

or your name?

JeffYoung
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Chuck's a good driver with a well built car. He ran 43/44s looks like, and the track record is a 42 flat.

I've run against Chuck in my S car and Ron's 260z.....he's got good handling and brakes, but gives up some ground to the best S cars at the end of the long straights, as he should. I thought he and Tom Hoppe's car were pretty rough "equals," and yes they are very good and yes they are good enough to beat most S cars.

lateapex911
07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Even a 44 is impressive in that (presumed) heat. Should be interesting come November!

DavidM
07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I wasn't there, but that's Chuck Baader. The car has some serious torque, but Chuck's also a hell of a driver. Hoppe would've been right there with him in his Integra if he didn't bust his subframe.

David

JLawton
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM

That's some tough insinuations for an anonymous first post..........

RexRacer19
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Even a 44 is impressive in that (presumed) heat. Should be interesting come November!

Jake, it was nice and in the mid-80s this weekend. A pleasant surprise.

Andy Bettencourt
07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Classic. :rolleyes:

trhoppe
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Yea, pretty bad anonymous first post.

a) Chuck's car doesn't outrun anyone on "the straights". Maybe "out of the corners".
b) If I ever DO see Chuck's car outrun mine starting with the middle of the straight, I'll be the first to kick him in the nuts

44s in the heat are right where ITA should be. The 43.6 in the Saturday race though was VERY VERY impressive considering thats 0.3 faster then Chuck ran at the ARRC last year and it was damn toasty during that race. Maybe he got a draft that lap or something, not sure. A 43.7 in the nice early morning qualifying Sunday, thats right on pace. I qualified at a 42.8 last year in the cool morning, but could only do a mid 44 in the heat.

Considering tweaking to everyone's car, we should all be around the track record of a 42.0 during qualifying for the 2009 ARRC.

Last but not least, Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC with the intent of winning/podium. When that happens, everyone finds out everything about your motor. That right there is pretty much the main reason I can run with Chuck and say "yup, if his car is that fast, its legal, cause otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to win the damn ARRC with it"

-Tom

Andy Bettencourt
07-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Yea, pretty bad anonymous first post.

a) Chuck's car doesn't outrun anyone on "the straights". Maybe "out of the corners".
b) If I ever DO see Chuck's car outrun mine starting with the middle of the straight, I'll be the first to kick him in the nuts

44s in the heat are right where ITA should be. The 43.6 in the Saturday race though was VERY VERY impressive considering thats 0.3 faster then Chuck ran at the ARRC last year and it was damn toasty during that race. Maybe he got a draft that lap or something, not sure. A 43.7 in the nice early morning qualifying Sunday, thats right on pace. I qualified at a 42.8 last year in the cool morning, but could only do a mid 44 in the heat.

Considering tweaking to everyone's car, we should all be around the track record of a 42.0 during qualifying for the 2009 ARRC.

Last but not least, Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC with the intent of winning/podium. When that happens, everyone finds out everything about your motor. That right there is pretty much the main reason I can run with Chuck and say "yup, if his car is that fast, its legal, cause otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to win the damn ARRC with it"

-Tom

Freakin' GREAT post.

JLawton
07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
, Chuck belongs to a select group of fast ITA cars, that actually comes to the ARRC
-Tom

Sounds like yer callin's some guys out Tom!!! LOL :D

chuck baader
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Tom, you are right about the draft...lucky to get behind two "S" cars running side by side coming off T7..one hell of a draft. Looked at my TrackMate at 43.7 and said "damn" . BTW, the best lap I have run at RA is a 42.8 on my TrackMate...that was in the cool, though.

And, no, I was not outrunning them on the straights...I could pull most cars off T7 until the bridge, then most everyone pulls me from there to T10a. I just wave bye/bye to the fast "S" cars....can't even stay close to the draft.

I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at Barber:eclipsee_steering:Chuck

lateapex911
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Yea, it never ceases to amaze me how many DON"T go to the ARRC, and they live So much closer to many of us who drag our sorry asses there. I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it) Or, they have issues with the Atlanta region (heard that a few times form a couple sources, sigh, get over it), etc, etc,...There ARE some legit reasons, and the proximity of the 13 hour schedule-wise is a big one.

But, it seems to me, if you live close, and you're NOT there, it's kinda shady, like you just don't want to go to an important race and come in 10th instead of your usual weak field 3rd, or you're worried about the tech shed.

I know that's harsh, and I don't automatically think that about everyone, but, there are definately some that are conspicuosly absent.

lateapex911
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at the ARRCs:eclipsee_steering:Chuck

right?? ;)

JeffYoung
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Since I've never been, I am going to jump in and say that for us in NCR, we have Goblins Go the last weekend in October, the 13 hour and then (if we choose to go) the ARRC.

That's just too much in a row for us, and has been the prime (if not only) reason not to go to the ARRC.

I'll be there at some point. Each year I say I won't run the 13 hour, and each year an opporutnity to do so come up and I do that. Most of the NCR guys -- me, Ron, Steve E., Ricky T., etc. -- do that.

If the ARRC could be pushed back, or the 13 hour up, that would be a big deal for all of us in getting there more often.

Yea, it never ceases to amaze me how many DON"T go to the ARRC, and they live So much closer to many of us who drag our sorry asses there. I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it) Or, they have issues with the Atlanta region (heard that a few times form a couple sources, sigh, get over it), etc, etc,...There ARE some legit reasons, and the proximity of the 13 hour schedule-wise is a big one.

But, it seems to me, if you live close, and you're NOT there, it's kinda shady, like you just don't want to go to an important race and come in 10th instead of your usual weak field 3rd, or you're worried about the tech shed.

I know that's harsh, and I don't automatically think that about everyone, but, there are definately some that are conspicuosly absent.

Ron
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
If we can survive the 13 hour I will run the Mustang this year for the "shutup and race" factor.

gran racing
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I mean, it's THE event to measure yourself. We hear the reasons. (long season, money's gone. Answer, start later, plan for it)

It an event to measure yourself. Especially if we could get nice tear downs at the NARRC runoffs, that isn't too shabby especially in some classes. I loved the track and will be down there again.

shwah
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah but how do we know it didn't 'sound like an ITS car'? That right there is irrefutable evidence. :P

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=272516&postcount=9

Ron Earp
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Since I've never been, I am going to jump in and say that for us in NCR, we have Goblins Go the last weekend in October, the 13 hour and then (if we choose to go) the ARRC.

That's just too much in a row for us, and has been the prime (if not only) reason not to go to the ARRC.

If the ARRC could be pushed back, or the 13 hour up, that would be a big deal for all of us in getting there more often.

Exactly right. But this year it is a bit worse.

The SARRC Championship is on Oct 10-11 at Roebling Road. We have one weekend free, then Oct 24-25 is the 2010 SARRC kickoff at VIR, and the weekend following Oct 30-31 we have the 13 Hour at VIR. For those of us who live in the SE racing starts early in the year and goes late. The ARRC is but another event in a schedule that seemingly gets bunched up too much at the beginning and ending of the season.

seckerich
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
And then there are those of us that really suck at Road Atlanta because we never get down there because of a busy schedule. Add to that a car for sale and concrete walls----Bad mix.:D Go ahead--call me a wuss. That said I now have a car I hate and plan to run this year.

JeffYoung
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Ditto for me on both points...I am a wuss, and I SUCKED the one time I went to RA.

I may try to go this year, we'll see. Depends on how the car makes it through Goblins Go.

Right now, it's not running again (distributor signal! argggghghhh....Lord please send me a crank sensor for Christmas!)......

And then there are those of us that really suck at Road Atlanta because we never get down there because of a busy schedule. Add to that a car for sale and concrete walls----Bad mix.:D Go ahead--call me a wuss. That said I now have a car I hate and plan to run this year.

Simon T.
07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
What were his lap times? What is the lap record? :shrug:

Not to change topics, I saw you out at Fridays test day, I work flagging for Road Atlanta, your car is quick! I had an ITC Civic that body style, did they change them to ITB? Are you running the DPFI D series engine?

trhoppe
07-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Not to change topics, I saw you out at Fridays test day, I work flagging for Road Atlanta, your car is quick! I had an ITC Civic that body style, did they change them to ITB? Are you running the DPFI D series engine?

Jeff is cheating tooo!!!!!!

trhoppe
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Absolutely am. The ARRC is the "IT National Championship". If you are from California, I understand. If you are in the SE. Sorry, I don't see it.

And, no, I was not outrunning them on the straights...I could pull most cars off T7 until the bridge, then most everyone pulls me from there to T10a. I just wave bye/bye to the fast "S" cars....can't even stay close to the draft.
Thats exactly what I was talking about. Middle of the straight, pretty much every car in ITA should wave bye bye to you :)

I really wanted the rubber match with Hoppe. I beat him at Barber, he beat me at RR...this was to be the rubber match. Can't count the last ARRC as he did not finish. Now we'll have to do it at Barber:eclipsee_steering:Chuck This subframe is gonna suck. We'll see what happens, but we might not hang out again until the ARRC depending on how stuff goes. Too bad :)

-Tom

RexRacer19
07-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Thanks. The ITC car is a STD hatch with a 1.5 DPFI motor. The DX trim level hatch runs in ITB (as of 2008). Same 1.5 DPFI with a different cam and a 5-speed. This was my first time at Road Atlanta...I think I fell in love with it. :)

Ron Earp
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Right now, it's not running again (distributor signal! argggghghhh....Lord please send me a crank sensor for Christmas!)......

Son, you need to ask for a new race car for Christmas. :eclipsee_steering:

trhoppe
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Son, you need to ask for a new race car for Christmas. :eclipsee_steering:
At this pace, I'll have an ITA car for sale. Hey, its as fast as most of the S cars :happy204:

gran racing
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, but I heard about your car! LOL :p

Hotshoe
07-20-2009, 08:15 PM

I'll be there at some point. Each year I say I won't run the 13 hour, and each year an opporutnity to do so come up and I do that. Most of the NCR guys -- me, Ron, Steve E., Ricky T., etc. -- do that.

Jeff,

.... You hit the nail right on the head.................. I was actually going to go to the ARRC last year right up to the point when that Sorry $%&@##!*! :mad1:TOYO blew up and took out the left rear corner of my BMW.....

......And I really wanted to go to the ARRC

..... Oh , and by the way ( just to stay on topic ) Chuck has got a fast ride ( I know I have driven it ) and he knows how to wheel it pretty darn good to.

chuck baader
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Ricky B,,,(oh, I can't say that:eek:) and on top of that, you are the only person that has driven it and not blown the motor:eclipsee_steering: Chuck

lateapex911
07-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Steve, I come from CT, and I suck to START with compared to you pros!

One thing that is a recurring theme: Too many races.

timo944
07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
[/quote]

I can vouch for that. I was with you on the back but you lost me pretty quickly while I was trying to get away from the Milano. Great driving!

mocmed
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
When the green flag drops the BS stops!

Seriously, I hope if I ever had this concern I would be man enough to confront my competitor in the paddock and if did not get satisfaction I would visit the race stewards with my checkbook in hand.

Lynn
Trussville Braintrust Racing
Team Physician

seckerich
07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Steve, I come from CT, and I suck to START with compared to you pros!

One thing that is a recurring theme: Too many races.

I agree with the too many races. Not sure what we are pro at yet.:eek: I have raced at Road Atlanta one time since they "took our dip away". Sounds like a really bad country song doesn't it? Looking forward to getting back there.